Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2012, 11:04 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Another example, the Arizona white supremacist border guard JT Ready that recently commited a murder-suicide against his Hispanic girlfriend and her Hispanic children.
*does not compute* *does not compute* *does not compute*

*brain explodes*

This makes no sense. Why would a white supremacist have a Hispanic girlfriend AND children in the first place?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 AM

2,699 posts, read 2,410,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Getting rid of the term 'white' would solve the whole 'are Hispanics white dilemma.' Why not start just saying Europeans instead of 'white', I hate that term.
I feel you. I hate it when European Americans are just "white people" when everyone else is African American, Asian American, Native American, etc.

Not all white people are Europeans though. Whites in America=European Americans/Whites in Canada=European Canadians/Whites in Australia=European Australians

You get the point.

It would be inaccurate to refer to people of European descent outside of Europe as simply "Europeans", but I feel you nonetheless.

Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I wasn't referring to LA..I live there and I know how it is there. I meant globally..e.g. a lot of European men are not into east-Asian women.

One criticism I've heard from guys about east-Asian women is that most of the have no boobs or butt.
In regards to that... a skinny gal of pretty much any race is less apt to have curves in the right places. Whether due to genetics or cultural/economic issues, there are a lot of skinny Asian women. However, I've seen, met, and had relationships with Asian women, whether from the US or overseas, who were plenty curvy.

Also, my family is Scandanavian. Swedish and Norwegian women tend not to be super-curvaceous, either.

When I was in Seattle I dated a girl who was Japanese-English, and she said that she got pursued a lot more in Seattle than in London, albeit by socially-awkward guys who were way older than her. I also was with a Vietnamese-Italian girl who was in the US for a semester to learn English; she said that she tended to get ignored by Italian guys, but was pursued by Egyptian and Turkish guys (both of whom she hated vehemently) but had lived in Berlin and Paris, where she had no problem dating.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:07 PM

331 posts, read 734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
In regards to that... a skinny gal of pretty much any race is less apt to have curves in the right places. Whether due to genetics or cultural/economic issues, there are a lot of skinny Asian women. However, I've seen, met, and had relationships with Asian women, whether from the US or overseas, who were plenty curvy.

Also, my family is Scandanavian. Swedish and Norwegian women tend not to be super-curvaceous, either.

When I was in Seattle I dated a girl who was Japanese-English, and she said that she got pursued a lot more in Seattle than in London, albeit by socially-awkward guys who were way older than her. I also was with a Vietnamese-Italian girl who was in the US for a semester to learn English; she said that she tended to get ignored by Italian guys, but was pursued by Egyptian and Turkish guys (both of whom she hated vehemently) but had lived in Berlin and Paris, where she had no problem dating.
I've come across many curvy east Asian women, the vast majority are not though.

In terms on non-whites, a lot of Italian men love black or brown women. My Indian sister in laws get harassed a lot by Italian men when they visit Italy. A lot of French guys are with Arab women.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:33 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
I've come across many curvy east Asian women, the vast majority are not though.

In terms on non-whites, a lot of Italian men love black or brown women. My Indian sister in laws get harassed a lot by Italian men when they visit Italy. A lot of French guys are with Arab women.
That's not why I see AT ALL. Mediterranean men, if they don't hook up with their own nationality, like northern European blondes. That's why I've seen the most ... the blonde German, Scandinavian or Brit lady on her balcony in the Mediterranean, married to an Italian or a Greek.

A new dynamic is starting to mirror what is happening in America, though. A lot of Italian guys seem to be disgruntled with a more demanding brand of Italian woman in a country with delayed marriage and plummeting child-bearing, and they are now going to Cuba to wife hunt. The Cuban ladies are either Hispanic or mulatta, but this is NOT the new standard for Italians, by any means.

My attitude is real simple: if you can't get an ethnicity or race you are genuinely attracted to as a mate, then DON'T get married.

Old 09-19-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That's not why I see AT ALL. Mediterranean men, if they don't hook up with their own nationality, like northern European blondes. That's why I've seen the most ... the blonde German, Scandinavian or Brit lady on her balcony in the Mediterranean, married to an Italian or a Greek.

A new dynamic is starting to mirror what is happening in America, though. A lot of Italian guys seem to be disgruntled with a more demanding brand of Italian woman in a country with delayed marriage and plummeting child-bearing, and they are now going to Cuba to wife hunt. The Cuban ladies are either Hispanic or mulatta, but this is NOT the new standard for Italians, by any means.

My attitude is real simple: if you can't get an ethnicity or race you are genuinely attracted to as a mate, then DON'T get married.
I said in terms of non-whites, as in the non-white women that Italian men go for....I know they like blondes, but I wasn't talking about white women

Old 09-19-2012, 06:10 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,360,095 times
Quote:
I said in terms of non-whites, as in the non-white women that Italian men go for....I know they like blondes, but I wasn't talking about white women
Ok ok.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:12 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
I was with a Vietnamese gal for about a year who had a penchant for dyeing her hair blonde and dressed in a generally glam-punkish fashion (plaid skirts or 501's, Dr Martens, short leather jackets, etc). I hated that the blonde look personally, but it definitely got her a lot more attention from guys of Middle Eastern and Continental European descent whenever we were out (we lived in San Francisco). When she dyed it back to black with brown highlights, she got much less attention.

Back on topic though, she told me she preferred white guys, but didn't generally like them too tall - she was 4'10, and at 6'2, I was the tallest guy she'd ever dated and nearly a foot and a half taller than her! We got some pretty weird looks out in public. She was born and raised in Vietnam but moved here at 10, and other than a bi/college-girl lesbian stretch, was only interested in dating white guys.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
I was with a Vietnamese gal for about a year who had a penchant for dyeing her hair blonde and dressed in a generally glam-punkish fashion (plaid skirts or 501's, Dr Martens, short leather jackets, etc). I hated that the blonde look personally, but it definitely got her a lot more attention from guys of Middle Eastern and Continental European descent whenever we were out (we lived in San Francisco). When she dyed it back to black with brown highlights, she got much less attention.

Back on topic though, she told me she preferred white guys, but didn't generally like them too tall - she was 4'10, and at 6'2, I was the tallest guy she'd ever dated and nearly a foot and a half taller than her! We got some pretty weird looks out in public. She was born and raised in Vietnam but moved here at 10, and other than a bi/college-girl lesbian stretch, was only interested in dating white guys.
Well you don't see much east-Asian women with blonde hair - I hate that look too!

I once saw a couple in Ikea where the woman was around 4'10" (east-Asian), guy was around 6'4" (white). I thought,"how does he fit into her?!!"

Middle Eastern guys tend to run after anything that's pale skinned. She could be white, east-Asian, Latina, a pale India girls etc..

Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,524,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post

Actually, a lot of Italian (not Italian Americans) men are marrying North African, African, Jamaican and Caribbean women.
That's where you get the saying that Italian men love Blacks and Blondes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia