Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,999,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yeah I don't doubt Japan is more sexually liberal or 'liberated' than Vietnam, or rural China, I know some Japanese women here who have one night stands and are actually pretty kinky.
that is so true...take a look at this video....the woman here is actually much more conservative then alot of japanese women even though she comes from the boonies somewhere in wartorn SEAsia
Love in Asia 2012-12-11 - Dramastyle

Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,937,691 times
My girlfriend is Asian and I'm mid eastern/caucasian. She basically told me she is not attracted to East Asian/Oriental guys at all and is only attracted to European looking or kind of the half mid eastern european type. Obviously not the #1 thing in choosing someone, but yeah. Some people in areas like SE Asia, India, China, etc are actually weirdly obsessed with having lighter skin. I have a friend from India who even showed me a lotion type of product that will make you appear lighter. I know my girlfriend has friends who are in the same boat, but others who aren't. It all depends on what you've been exposed to in the end, but yes the infatuation and whatever does exist out there. No idea how big though.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
My girlfriend is Asian and I'm mid eastern/caucasian. She basically told me she is not attracted to East Asian/Oriental guys at all and is only attracted to European looking or kind of the half mid eastern european type. Obviously not the #1 thing in choosing someone, but yeah. Some people in areas like SE Asia, India, China, etc are actually weirdly obsessed with having lighter skin. I have a friend from India who even showed me a lotion type of product that will make you appear lighter. I know my girlfriend has friends who are in the same boat, but others who aren't. It all depends on what you've been exposed to in the end, but yes the infatuation and whatever does exist out there. No idea how big though.
Yeah skin lightening is nothing new in much of Asia, and yes there are women everywhere who are not attracted to their own 'people', sometimes because they think other races offer something better. What does that say about how they view themselves?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
eh I have seen white women who wouldnt date white men and are only attracted to black men

such women are found within all races...

Old 12-20-2012, 01:55 PM

this video proves that not all asian women are after caucasian men
there has been a generational mindset in the youth of many asian countries.....lets say 90s generation found caucaisian men to be attractive....now a new generation no longer has that mindset

Korean Filipina Couple - YouTube

Old 12-20-2012, 01:59 PM

54 posts, read 61,952 times
Thats a very interesting question. I do not see it that much where I live.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:29 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,464,355 times
Quote:

I also notice when an asian woman marries another race or ethnicity she always adopts the man's culture / religion, foods, traditions, etc

my sister married a different race / culture and she totally gave up her asian culture and speaks the man's foreign language fluently, she pretty much adapted to the man's religion, culture , language, everything

Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,407,468 times
According to the translation of comments* posted by Chinese netizens, yes the Chinese girls actively seek out foreign guys:

Foreign Men Boast About Sexual Conquests in China, Reactions – chinaSMACK

Chinese Kindergarten Teacher

*Assuming the translations are actually accurate.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I also notice when an asian woman marries another race or ethnicity she always adopts the man's culture / religion, foods, traditions, etc

my sister married a different race / culture and she totally gave up her asian culture and speaks the man's foreign language fluently, she pretty much adapted to the man's religion, culture , language, everything
Yeah you don't see many male mail order husbands going to Western countries, do you?

Old 12-20-2012, 08:10 PM

1,369 posts, read 3,311,041 times
I think the answer to this question is there are segments here depending on the person

a) you have a segment who views marrying a "westerner" as a ticket out of poverty, obviously most common in the poorer group of Asian countries or among impoverished people of wealthier Asian countries

b) a segment who uses marrying a westerner as a way of removing themselves from many of the cultural constraints of Asian society. I think this is particularly common in Japan and Taiwan, which tend to be less progressive toward women than some of the other countries (Japan the most, Taiwan less so)

c) a group fascinated with western culture; maybe they grew up liking US/EU celebrities, or watching English language TV, but have some kind of connection with a country not their own. I think this is to a certain degree a common reason why people will marry people from another country; for some reason they will feel a connection to the place where their partner may come from

d) a segment with a very strong sexual attraction/curiosity to people outside of their race/culture

Obviously there could be more than one of these factors. Sometimes you can't ignore a simple "serendipity" argument; sometimes couples end up together just because the cards end up falling a certain way and there aren't necessarily strong preconceived reasons behind it. But often some of these reasons manifest themselves or develop even if the meeting is relatively serendipitous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia