Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 02:08 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Extra marital relationships are had and misogynistic attitudes can be held by ALL races/ethnicities/nationalities of men so that is a bogus excuse.

Asian women are usually not honest about their REAL agenda which is to have 'whiter' babies and be closer to 'white'. These Asian women who hate Asian men will have half Asian sons who will feel and resent the hatred that their Asian mothers and white fathers had for Asian men (Elliot Roger ring any bells)

https://hapasons.wordpress.com/
I agree. It's Asian women with an agenda (it's a very very tiny minority of the foreign born, but a higher percentage of the stateside born from what I gather). Women are smart and cunning in general, and I'm sure some know how to activate the "White Knight" inside white guys to get what they want. Asian women are not harmless little lotus flowers looking to be rescued, lol. They can be just as ruthless as white women.

A lot of the issues that white male-Asian female families have result from the fact that neither parent is capable of dealing with a very race conscious America. It's just as bad in Asia, if not worse, but it's still bad enough here too. I look vaguely Mexican and had to deal with the result of that in the 90s. I had a lot of self-esteem issues as a teenager as a result. Some get over it, some don't, but half-Asian kids with white dads seem very particularly afflicted more than any other group. Half-Asian kids will never look white, ever. The closest they will come to will be me, racially ambiguous (are you a white Mexican, are one of your grandparents Japanese?)

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 12-02-2015 at 02:17 PM..

Old 12-02-2015, 02:23 PM

722 posts, read 1,329,323 times
I noticed lots of Asian Americans in SF still try to date other asians from the same ethnic group

a high percentage even though they were born in the US still rather date someone from the same ethnic group, especially in California

but everytime I go out to asian restaurants it seems every asian family has a daughter married to a white guy? I see it all the time, every group has their tag along white guy in the group

very rarely do I see a asian with a black guy, unless the girl is filipino

Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 PM

99 posts, read 129,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
I noticed lots of Asian Americans in SF still try to date other asians from the same ethnic group

a high percentage even though they were born in the US still rather date someone from the same ethnic group, especially in California

but everytime I go out to asian restaurants it seems every asian family has a daughter married to a white guy? I see it all the time, every group has their tag along white guy in the group

very rarely do I see a asian with a black guy, unless the girl is filipino
Hm, not just in Cali but everywhere else with a high concentration of Asians. Asians just tend to stick together. I'm Asian myself, live in east coast and have always just went for Asian guys. My cousins and friends in LA/OC mostly hangs out or dates other Asians.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:41 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,122 times
While I do think some women are chasing "white", I don't think most American born "Asian" women have a conscientious preference for white males. I think the reason why interracial marriage numbers are so skewed towards Asian female-White male couples are that Asian-American men are fairly emasculated within the context of American culture and lack the "edge", confidence, "coolness", and social prowess that women tend to find attractive due to a number of factors. Except for Filipinos, the Asian guys who have confidence and "swag" tend to have a degree of ethnic pride and usually stick with "their own" women.

Based on my own personal observations, White Catholic women tend to be more open to dating/marrying (Catholic) Asian males than Protestant, Jewish, and nonreligious/secular white women. I don't have any hard data to back this up, but I suspect (based on observation) that the interracial marriage stats are more balanced when it comes to Asian-Hispanic couples (the Catholic factor might play a role in this). I rarely see Asian-Black couples, and the the ones that I have seen are mostly Asian female-Black male. TBH I can't even recall ever seeing an Asian male-Black female couple outside of tv/film unless you count Indian and Pakistani men.

Speaking as an extremely Americanized (Asian) Indian male, I don't even attempt to date white women. I have no problem attracting the type of woman I like when it comes to Indian, Asian, Hispanic, Muslim, and Black women; but for whatever reason can't do the same with similar white women. So why should I waste my time?

Last edited by TylerJAX; 12-02-2015 at 04:57 PM..

Old 12-02-2015, 04:46 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
. Except for Filipinos, the Asian guys who have confidence and "swag" tend to have a degree of ethnic pride and usually stick with "their own" women.
a Filipino acquaintance divorced his Latina wife when he found a hot, young White woman

Old 12-02-2015, 05:01 PM

749 posts, read 856,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
Hm, not just in Cali but everywhere else with a high concentration of Asians. Asians just tend to stick together. I'm Asian myself, live in east coast and have always just went for Asian guys. My cousins and friends in LA/OC mostly hangs out or dates other Asians.
I have noticed that as well. I don't think Asian girls have a preference towards White guys, I don't think the reverse is any more true, aside from a marginal occurences. Asians stick to their own kind mostly. But the same goes for any ethnicity Hispanics with Hispanics, Blacks with Blacks, whites with Whites.
I know some are drastically opposed to interracial dating for political reasons, such as the fear of cultural values incompatibility.
Another reason is that in the Socal area for instance, White population has become scarce the consequently the probability for a White-Asian pairing is just low, since social circles do not aalways provide the possibility to meet a potential mate from a different background.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:50 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
In the US there is a huge number of Filipino Registered Nurses they earn really good salaries and I would say a significant amount of them prefer Caucasian men and prefer the look of mixed children.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
In the US there is a huge number of Filipino Registered Nurses they earn really good salaries and I would say a significant amount of them prefer Caucasian men and prefer the look of mixed children.
That still doesn't mean many Filipinas back home are craving white men. That's simply not true. The ones that move here permanently are not the same, generally speaking, as the ones who prefer to stay home. The majority of the US population is white, and there's only so many Filipinos to go around in the US. I've done A LOT of reading on this subject, and I've come to 2 conclusions. One is that white guys think Asian women have white fever, and Asian women think white guys have yellow fever, pointing fingers at each other and thereby canceling each other out. At the end of the day, the overwhelming majority choose their own group

Old 12-02-2015, 10:49 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,868,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kay &!* View Post
In the LA/OC/SF areas, I think it's much more common for Asians and Asian-Americans to date and marry other Asian-descended folks than it is for them to marry white people. The larger the community, the more likely you are to find a compatible person. Contrast living in a city that has 50k-500k Asians with living in a city that has >200: if you limit yourself to a dating pool of 30 people, your options are quite limited... so, what happens? You start looking outside of that very small community. You either move to an area with more people of your culture, or, you adapt to the culture that surrounds you.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
In the LA/OC/SF areas, I think it's much more common for Asians and Asian-Americans to date and marry other Asian-descended folks than it is for them to marry white people. The larger the community, the more likely you are to find a compatible person. Contrast living in a city that has 50k-500k Asians with living in a city that has >200: if you limit yourself to a dating pool of 30 people, your options are quite limited... so, what happens? You start looking outside of that very small community. You either move to an area with more people of your culture, or, you adapt to the culture that surrounds you.
And yet, nobody wants to realize that. Happened to me too. Went to an all-white school, live in and still live in a 90%+ white region of my state, so naturally my dating partners are gonna be white, and they have been. I know an Asian-American guy who dates a drop dead gorgeous white girl, because that's what's only available around here. People complain too much and blame the wrong people I think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia