Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 AM

30 posts, read 448,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Vietnamese look much more like Chinese than Indonesians. You could confuse many Viets for S. Chinese.
no .. I've seen straight vietnamese .. they are darker than southern china, even if they are compared to taiwan or cantonese,..still looks brighter south chinese.dan easily distinguished from vietnamese
hah .. I think you might be able to come see first hand here, many Indonesian face/ skin white tyipe chinese.
vetnam premises only have proximity china culture, but different physical.
I count on the fingers " Viets "look like chinese

Old 08-13-2013, 04:21 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania View Post
no .. I've seen straight vietnamese .. they are darker than southern china, even if they are compared to taiwan or cantonese,..still looks brighter south chinese.dan easily distinguished from vietnamese
hah .. I think you might be able to come see first hand here, many Indonesian face/ skin white tyipe chinese.
vetnam premises only have proximity china culture, but different physical.
I count on the fingers " Viets "look like chinese
Have you been to Vietnam? I've been from Saigon to Hanoi, seen countless Vietnamese people, and many, many of them (especially in the north) could pass for Chinese. Of course, I think there's a general 'Viet look' and I can often tell Vietnamese apart from Chinese (same with Koreans and Japanese) but there's significant overlap.

While there is overlap with some Austronesian Indonesians and a few Southern Chinese it's much narrower. Plus Indonesia has a lot of people with some Chinese ancestry. As a whole, Viets definitely look the closest to Chinese of SEA's, followed by Laotians, Thai, Khmer, Burmese, Malay/Javanese, and Eastern Indonesians (well I suppose Hmong and some minorities like Karen are more related to Chinese).

Old 08-13-2013, 04:23 AM

some tribes in Indonesia they have beautiful skin types, this is because they live in the mountains or forest interior rimba .. thus making them have yellow skin
ethnic group with light skin types usually stay on the island such as the Sumatran, Javan and Bornean
they are a litlle like chinese in physical appearance..
costume dance "Blantek betawi" using kostume "chinese manchu" is kostume dance influenced by chinese immigrants Indonesia.
you see women "Blantek betawi" with cash costumes east asia colour "yellow" with hand gestures
Attached Thumbnails
Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-etnik-indonesian-01.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-etnik-indonesia.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-dayak-indonesia.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-1_betawi_tari_blantek.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-etnis-indonesian02.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Have you been to Vietnam? I've been from Saigon to Hanoi, seen countless Vietnamese people, and many, many of them (especially in the north) could pass for Chinese. Of course, I think there's a general 'Viet look' and I can often tell Vietnamese apart from Chinese (same with Koreans and Japanese) but there's significant overlap.

While there is overlap with some Austronesian Indonesians and a few Southern Chinese it's much narrower. Plus Indonesia has a lot of people with some Chinese ancestry. As a whole, Viets definitely look the closest to Chinese of SEA's, followed by Laotians, Thai, Khmer, Burmese, Malay/Javanese, and Eastern Indonesians (well I suppose Hmong and some minorities like Karen are more related to Chinese).
yeah some point you are correct, I've been to hanoi, and to some places in central and southern Vietnam including hochiminh, I think north viet the very related with southern china speccialy hainan/canton.. The majority of them are probably descendants of china, if you look at the person directly "yue"people, ethnic viet's true they are a little darker.
what is your ethnicity? Asian .., europen, america us? latin or you chinese? or white australia ?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
yeah some point you are correct, I've been to hanoi, and to some places in central and southern Vietnam including hochiminh, I think north viet the very related with southern china speccialy hainan/canton.. The majority of them are probably descendants of china, if you look at the person directly "yue"people, ethnic viet's true they are a little darker.
what is your ethnicity? Asian .., europen, america us? latin or you chinese? or white australia ?
I'm Australian, parents are from Singapore and Malaysia of Chinese ancestry. I notice you're in Tokyo, what about yourself?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:27 AM

This pure of pale skin/ white yellow "Indonesian" they have a very clean skin. This is a vocal group.
I love this type of skin
they look very chinese in skin types

I think everyone would like to see this vidio, vocal group was formed by the Japanese to improve relations with Indonesia:

JKT48+POCARI SWEAT - build the dream - YouTube

Old 08-13-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I'm Australian, parents are from Singapore and Malaysia of Chinese ancestry. I notice you're in Tokyo, what about yourself?
oh my identity is a secret me hahah. ok
very different from "Chinese Indonesian" a with chinese in malaysia / singapore. when I'm visiting china malaysia almost all descendants chinese there speaks mandarin / chinese. in Indonesia is very rare seen of the type name china Indonesian language even all fused with Indonesian culture.
they use the their name with name Indonesia, especially Java-sounding names. even they do not have identity chinese until now.
I think you should be able to speak the language of your ancestors, because it was very good. by the way,,, I saw a lot of physical appearance "china Indonesia" like a typical north .. they have a distinctive type pale and yellow skin north asian people

Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
oh my identity is a secret me hahah. ok
very different from "Chinese Indonesian" a with chinese in malaysia / singapore. when I'm visiting china malaysia almost all descendants chinese there speaks mandarin / chinese. in Indonesia is very rare seen of the type name china Indonesian language even all fused with Indonesian culture.
they use the their name with name Indonesia, especially Java-sounding names. even they do not have identity chinese until now.
I think you should be able to speak the language of your ancestors, because it was very good. by the way,,, I saw a lot of physical appearance "china Indonesia" like a typical north .. they have a distinctive type pale and yellow skin north asian people
Why a secret? What are you ashamed of?

No I cannot speak any of the dialects of Minnan or Mandarin, unfortunately.

Yes I think many Chinese Indonesians had to assimilate in terms of culture, names.etc so now I think they're ethnically Indonesian. Of course I didn't know this until recently, I didn't think in terms of 'Chinese Indonesians' and other Indonesians, I just thought of them as Indonesian. I think 'race' or 'ethnicity' has been emphasised in Malaysia and Singapore a lot and the three main 'races' are still quite segregated in many ways.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Why a secret? What are you ashamed of?

No I cannot speak any of the dialects of Minnan or Mandarin, unfortunately.

Yes I think many Chinese Indonesians had to assimilate in terms of culture, names.etc so now I think they're ethnically Indonesian. Of course I didn't know this until recently, I didn't think in terms of 'Chinese Indonesians' and other Indonesians, I just thought of them as Indonesian. I think 'race' or 'ethnicity' has been emphasised in Malaysia and Singapore a lot and the three main 'races' are still quite segregated in many ways.
I,m women but ( )I have always confidential nature
yeah you're right, I think chinese ini indonesia most of the 8-10 generation has entered worthy to be called "Indonesian" but from some of their parents still speak mandarin, Key (hokkien), canton .. I think this is the influence of the old order suharto. different "Cindo "who live in Java hanpir all able to speak Javanese language very well.
I see chinese in malaysia, singapore, Thailand etc. still no barrier

Last edited by stevania; 08-13-2013 at 07:30 AM..

Old 08-14-2013, 02:43 AM

This girl is the most common species in Indonesia, she is beautiful and has a chinese/north asian face in appearance, he has a yellow skin types ..
I think this kind girl from Bandung (West Java), his name is "Zivanna Letisha"
Attached Thumbnails
Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-zivanna-letisha-05.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-zivanna-letisha-04.jpg   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-zivanna-letisha-03.png   Do Indonesian Look a like CHINESE ?-zivana-letisia-02.jpg  

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 12:41 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia