Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM

183 posts, read 295,352 times

Advertisements

why thank kind forumer you make me blush (borrowed from a 9gag page)

Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM

38 posts, read 86,069 times
I think Asians like Chinese, Japanese and Korean are just look like the same. Black hair, black eyes, yellow and white skin, medium or delicate body... Isn't it?

Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityka View Post
I think Asians like Chinese, Japanese and Korean are just look like the same. Black hair, black eyes, yellow and white skin, medium or delicate body... Isn't it?
No, it's like how not all European groups look the same, there are definite differences between the groups, although in terms of 'looks' there is overlap. I can often tell apart Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese.

Last edited by The Postman; 09-03-2013 at 09:52 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 09:46 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread.

But are you implying that anyone who can see a physical difference between Indonesian people and Chinese people, they are automatically assumed to be a racist person who hates Indonesian?

If so, your conclusion is way off the mark. I can see a clear physical difference between Indonesian people and Chinese people, and it doesn't make me hate Indonesians or a racist. I really like Indonesian people a lot, great personalities and they are physically attractive as well. But, they look and act totally different than Chinese, in all of my many observations.
I think the OP needs to explain what the term "Chinese" means to him. I don't think most of the rest of us are operating with the same definition. Indonesians don't look "Chinese". Han Chinese look "Chinese".

Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think the OP needs to explain what the term "Chinese" means to him. I don't think most of the rest of us are operating with the same definition. Indonesians don't look "Chinese". Han Chinese look "Chinese".
The Han Chinese are genetically diverse, so have different looks. While there's no definitive Chinese look I'd say the typical look found in Central China like Wuhan or Shanghai is close to the classical Chinese look, although I'd say the same for Beijing too.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
No, it's like how not all European groups look the same, there are definite differences between the groups, although in terms of 'looks' there is overlap. I can often tell apart Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese.
They may not totally look the same for a Chinese or Japanese or Korean but for most people these three look very similar ( eyes, face and body structure ).
Well Portuguese and Spanish look very similar.

Old 09-04-2013, 12:48 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,742,367 times
Japanese look unique. They dont look like Chinese or Koreans for the most part

Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
They may not totally look the same for a Chinese or Japanese or Korean but for most people these three look very similar ( eyes, face and body structure ).
Yes if you don't know what to look for/aren't used to being around these groups. To some Asians I bet a German and an Italian look the same.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:26 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yes if you don't know what to look for/aren't used to being around these groups. To some Asians I bet a German and an Italian look the same.
That's already very different. Italians have dark features. If it's an Italian and Spanish or Portuguese, maybe one can get a little confused though I can always tell an Italian apart. But Portuguese and Spanish are really too similar.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:11 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I feel like Japanese look very distinct. I can easily spot the Japanese person in Korea. The teeth, the noses, the weaker jawlines, the way many walk, etc.

Koreans also look very distinct. Koreans often have big heads, stronger model-like jawlines, smaller eyes, thicker hair, etc.

Chinese are the most difficult, as the country is just so huge. There is just too much variation.

That being said, this entire thread is one of those 'all black people look alike', 'all white people look alike', and 'all asian people look alike' types of threads.

If someone really believes that Indonesians look like Japanese or whatever else....than that's just the way they see it. To me, they couldn't look more different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia