Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 10:21 AM

2 posts, read 6,532 times

Advertisements

I see this thing is very common these days that European or American people assume that most of people are Chinese. This is a very sensitive point, be cafeful. The best is to ask " where you come from ? "

Old 09-07-2013, 07:58 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I lived in South Korea for 7-8 years. No one in Korea looks Indonesian, or could pass for Indonesian. Koreans have big heads, strong cheekbones, very small eyes, and light-skinned, even the 'dark' ones.

Since you are admittedly a person who can't tell the difference between a Swedish person and an Italian person.....and you admit to having no clue about differentiating between different Asian people. Than, I don't see how you can continue to make statements that you think two drastically different Asian peoples, on two opposite sides of Asia, look the same?

In my observation, you seem to look down on 'dark skin' and have some obsession with white skin. You seem to think that only white skin is good, and seem obsessed to prove to everyone that Indonesians are all lilly white...and now you are digging up Miss Indonesia girls (an industry famous for white worship). There is NOTHING WRONG and NOTHING UGLY about dark-skinned women in Indonesia. Many white people (which you seem to worship), actually LOVE dark-skinned women. A strong testament to this is Thailand, where plenty of white and dark skinned Thai women live. You'll find the dark-skinned Thai women to be in big demand by many Europeans, etc.

Please stop the 'dark-skinned people are ugly' crusade... enough with your 'Indonesians are white, and therefore beautiful' non-sense. That might be acceptable sentiment in Indonesia, but it sounds racist to Americans, Europeans, and to many others who read this forum.
Good post Tiger Beer. I also don't think a Korean could be mistaken for an Indonesian, except one who was mostly Chinese maybe. Even a lot of people who say they are 'Chinese Indonesian' are mixed. I have seen a few Japanese people who would pass, though, mainly the men. They have dark skin, kinda rounded/broad noses and large eyes. They look quite atypical in Japan. Given Japan's multi-origin theory, and the possibility of some migration from SE Asia it's plausible.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,935 times
its multicultural and diverse thats why , the general population look like Filipino

Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
I agree with you, but also diverse Filipinos they're more like the mexico / argentines, when compared to the Indonesians
Argentinians ? Mexican can be but Argentinians, I don't think so. Argentinians are mostly white. Most of them look European not like some countries in Latin America because 50% of Argentinians are of Italian ancestry, the rest Spanish and other Europeans.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:13 AM

Yeah i've seen some really beautiful Indo women...of all colours with different features.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:33 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
yes i'ts true, even chinese Indonesian acknowledge that Sundanese, minahasan,palembangnese resemble them, but some differences in the shape of the eye, such as "chinese Indonesia" have eyes more slanted shape of the tree " Minahasan , Sundanese & palembangnese "
Pic " chinese Indonesian" in the past
Can you post pictures differently ? I can't really see the pictures you're posting, blurred.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Why is it so important for you to prove anyway?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:11 AM

Hakka are not from Hainan island.

Majority of Chinese Indonesians come from SE China, look more similar to Indonesians but usually you can tell a pure one apart.

Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 AM

9 posts, read 46,002 times
Oh look, another Southeast Asian with an inferiority complex who feels the need to prove that their ethnicity is North/East Asian just like Javen or XunLao.

Old 09-20-2013, 10:21 AM

11 posts, read 31,851 times
Some Indonesians look like Chinese because some of them have Chinese ancestors. Most Indonesians have the same features as Malaysians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia