Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 02:16 PM

155 posts, read 165,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
There is some website, Sakura House, or something like that? They rent to foreigners regularly. They have 1000s of listings, mostly roommate shares, since they are usually younger people like yourself who want to spend their money on other things besides rent.

Tokyo is expensive. But, like anywhere, you can live with your means if you have to. Restaruants are expensive, but you can always find more affordable ways to eat. Nightclubs are expensive. If you are a student, most likely you'd live like Japanese students, and just socialize with them, and do student types of things. I don't think most Japanese college students go to expensive nightclubs or restaurants, too much anyways, unless they come from a family that has a lot of money. They are typical students like anywhere else, in many ways.
Thanks, it seems that the cheapest apartment in Tokyo is 86,000 ( approximately 888 dollars) per month with Light in the tax, I know that red meat is expensive but what about pork, chicken and fish price in the supermarket? And vegetables? I know how to cook well maybe I can save some money cooking instead of going to restaurants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:33 AM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Sorry Ichig, I can't be of any help. But good luck!! I think it's a great opportunity you're making for yourself.

Quote:
I am.
Ah, very cool. I am here now! Will check out Macau at some point in the next week. Finally back in Asia after six years.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:11 AM

183 posts, read 295,321 times
If possible I would like a place where I could play baseball
I would say japan and if you do get there enjoy it for me as well cause it is one of the places that I want to go as well just to shout around

Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihsanoglu View Post
If possible I would like a place where I could play baseball
I would say japan and if you do get there enjoy it for me as well cause it is one of the places that I want to go as well just to shout around
Haha, If I manage to enter in a Japanese university i will do my best to enjoy a lot rs ^.^

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM

1,946 posts, read 2,563,054 times
University of Tokyo

Seoul National University

Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM

183 posts, read 295,321 times
ut a very good university at least zeitgeist thought me so Seoul national university of korea well they are getting might prevalent as a nation so I would say its a good choice

Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,051 times
japan is not only great for students/teachers. american soldier who stationed in japan having a great time too. but some of them sent to south korea as punishment. so thats how the soldiers try not make trouble in japan. korea is a penal colony for them. you will find out comparing japan and korea is comparing top and bottom.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 PM

Those anyone knows how much usually cost per semester (with residency and food) to study and live in Japan? (Tokyo for example)

https://www.meiji.ac.jp/cip/english/...e/tuition.html

In the Meiji University says that is 959,800 yen per semester so that would be 9748 dollars? Isn´t that a bit cheap compared to other countries?

Old 10-05-2013, 07:04 AM

Is seoul cheaper to live than Tokyo?
How much usually it cost to live in Seoul per month? What are the normal prices of 1-2 room apartments to rent?

Old 12-03-2013, 07:55 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
I've lived in both countries, and if I could go back to college again and study abroad in Japan or Korea, I would be in Japan in a mega-heartbeat. I am SO envious of the westerners who end up studying in Japan, and all the fun they have.

Korea, you'd probably enjoy it too, but the entire time I lived there, I never once thought about how I'd love to have studied in a Korean university.
Lol, I'm jealous of Westerners that go and live in Japan, period
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia