Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,403 times

Advertisements

I think they are a great people and civilization , very interesting culture

I always had a respect for middle eastern people / arabs

but I mostly have experience with Afghan and Indian peoples
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 02:34 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,007 times
I've always found they're culture to be fairly rich and interesting and Arabs to be generally affable when dealing with them on an equal/normal basis (I'm fairly certain that migrant laborers in the Gulf and Jews would say otherwise!).

Old 10-27-2013, 09:30 PM

485 posts, read 2,245,353 times
Hahaha Arabs are Asians. They are in the Asian continent last time I checked

Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 AM

1,449 posts, read 2,353,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
indeed! the title should've been how do the REST of the asians view them?

but i guess with them being in the middle east, and not as easily identifiable with asia in the same way with russia, they're not easily thought of as asians. plus they look much closer to being european, same thing with the russians.

Old 10-28-2013, 01:46 AM

i could be prejudiced, but being a woman, i wouldnt touch the arab men with a stick. no matter how good-looking they are, i wouldnt want to have anything to do with them.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:11 AM

11 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
what moron?

Have you ever looked at history books for a minute ? NOT ALL ARAB ARE ASIAN !

Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauritania are Arab countries in northern Africa.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
what moron?

Have you ever looked at history books for a minute ? NOT ALL ARAB ARE ASIAN !

Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco and Mauritania are Arab countries in northern Africa.

well technically your title is still a bit misleading. maybe you should change your title a bit

Old 10-28-2013, 09:32 AM

11 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
I consider them as Asians. I met a lot of Arabs and I have Arab friends. Some are friendly and some are a bit rude.
Correction:

NOT all Arab are Asian.

Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine & Israel, Iraq, Saudi kingdom, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Yemen these are called " Middle East" and affiliated to Asia continent.

All these countries are Arab except Israel.

Another misconception that Iran and turkey are Arab but they are not Arab!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:37 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,114,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
Correction:

NOT all Arab are Asian.

Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine & Israel, Iraq, Saudi kingdom, Oman, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Yemen these are called " Middle East" and affiliated to Asia continent.

All these countries are Arab except Israel.

Another misconception that Iran and turkey are Arab but they are not Arab!
and to tell you 'ASIAn' is geographical wonder why they are part of ASIAN GAMES. The word Asian came from the word ASIA
countries and living in the continent of Asia.

Qatar as 2007 ASIAN Games Host country

Lea Salonga

One of the best host country for Asian Games 'Qatar 2007'

As far as I know lol Arab is an ethnic because they have similar culture and they used 'Arabic' as their mother tongue but being Asian is not an equivalent of being an ethnic because it's geographic. Israel is located in the continent of Asia too unless you create another continent and they will not be included as Asians lol.

They were called Middle Eastern or Middle East same as those people in Carribean Islands but Carribean countries are mostly located in the continent of America specifically located in North America.

Last edited by pinai; 10-28-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 03:24 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,205,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
indeed! the title should've been how do the REST of the asians view them?

but i guess with them being in the middle east, and not as easily identifiable with asia in the same way with russia, they're not easily thought of as asians. plus they look much closer to being european, same thing with the russians.
Only Siberia is Asian in Russia. The other 25% of the country is European, just as Thrace is the only part of Turkey that is in Europe, and portions of Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan lie in Europe. Also, Middle Easterners look different than Europeans, featurewise. While they are technically Asian, I'd classify them as a separate race, because they've been mixed between Asian, African and White blood over the centuries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia