Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:36 PM

183 posts, read 295,352 times

Advertisements

what is far east about ? are you Indian ?
nope turkish but I do love the stereotypes when they are applicable
geography lesson truly you sir are a man/forumer of insight and what you have stated is absolutely correct to the arab mindset syrians are arabs mostly (just by the saving grace of their sect ) and I am hoping that their diaspora in turkey will be invaluable when it comes to labor and by extension a boogeyman factor after all everybody is afraid of hmm he was not there or here before me can I eat it or will it eat me a very rough hypothesis but a true one none the less and I consider myself an asian even though I live in europe at the moment asia because of its land mass and population overflow when it suits me that is and most of the time it does make o mistake europe is ahem cool sort like the bad boy of the largest land mass in this planet but you know that its a loner and if push comes to shove all the etc etc this is the what of it the past well is the past and as far as food goes well I am a librarian and books are not that tasty when it comes to it but edible none the less
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 05:14 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
You are going to get so many different answers. Asia is like 2/3rds of the world's population. SHould be a bit more specific. I think it varies tremendously as well, if a person is talking about FIlipinos or Japanese or Malaysians or Nepalese or Turkish.

Asia isn't one large monolithic block of groupthink.

You're right and most arabs are asians,most of arab countries are located in the asian continent .

Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM

347 posts, read 491,689 times
Asians are not Arab and Arabs are not Asian.

Indians like to think they are not related to Pakistan people NOR Arab peoples but this is a POLITCAL MOVE and or MONEY MOVE. The entire world views Indians as Arabs.

People will whip out the history book TRYING to prove Indians are not Arab and blah blah blah...but you only need to look at ARAB LANGUAGE and ARAB ALPHABET to SEE the SIMILARITIES between all Arabs and Indians.

Last edited by jerseyexpat; 11-20-2013 at 01:19 PM..

Old 11-21-2013, 05:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,924,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
The majority of crimes come from south asian and Filipinos Immigrants. Dubai is an international city and you are wrong to say that the majority of the population are south Asian and Filipinos. Stop promoting your race!
No wonder some south asian and filipinos face deportation every month.
Postman is not South Asian nor Filipino

Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post

Indians like to think they are not related to Pakistan people NOR Arab peoples but this is a POLITCAL MOVE and or MONEY MOVE. The entire world views Indians as Arabs.

People will whip out the history book TRYING to prove Indians are not Arab and blah blah blah...but you only need to look at ARAB LANGUAGE and ARAB ALPHABET to SEE the SIMILARITIES between all Arabs and Indians.
If your 'entire world' is Hicksville, USA. Anyone with basic education will know they are totally different.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 AM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
If your 'entire world' is Hicksville, USA. Anyone with basic education will know they are totally different.
Lumping Arabs and Indians together is like lumping South Africans and Moroccans together.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Lumping Arabs and Indians together is like lumping South Africans and Moroccans together.
Yes, I don't really know where that began...maybe the turban thing? I mean the very term 'Indian' is sort of an umbrella term, the nation of India as a political entity dates only to 1947. Obviously, not all Muslims are Arabs and not all Arabs and Muslims. Some Indians are Muslim (but not Arab), while most are Hindu. It's not really a hard concept to grasp.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:08 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyexpat View Post

Bottom line is, most Indians speak Indo-European languages, which English belongs to as well.
Arabs speak Semitic languages.

Look at the words for numbers in Arabic:
1 - Wahad
2 - Ithnaan
3 -Thalaatha
4 - Arba'a
5 - Khamsa
6 - Sitta
7 - Sab'a
8 - Thamania
9 - Tiss'a
10 - 'Ashra

And for Hindi:
ek
dho
theen
chaar
paanch
cheh
saath
aath
nau
dhas

Old 11-23-2013, 03:41 AM

Most Indians speak either Indo-European or Dravidian language. There might be some Arabic influence but the languages aren't really related.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:13 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Anyone else find the OP hilariously belligerent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia