Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,114,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
Only Siberia is Asian in Russia. The other 25% of the country is European, just as Thrace is the only part of Turkey that is in Europe, and portions of Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan lie in Europe. Also, Middle Easterners look different than Europeans, featurewise. While they are technically Asian, I'd classify them as a separate race, because they've been mixed between Asian, African and White blood over the centuries.
It's because they are in the border between Europe and Asia. Western Asian specially those closer to Europe border are usually Eurasian. Mostly those countries who are in the border usually mixed.

Other South Asian may pass as Arabs actually or from Armenia or Azerbaijan like this
Pakistani woman

Asians was divided by location. South Asian, West Asian, East Asian, Southeast Asians

Europe, Asia, Americas, Oceana, Africa are all continent and countries or people found in these continents are European, Asians, Americans, Africans. Although, United States of America used it as Nationality. Same as South Africa or South Africans. As far as I know people used race like Caucasian, Mongoloid, Black etc. on how people describe by skin color and features and Ethnic is usually related to culture or language. I met arabs who are black Qatari, Kuwaiti, Saudian and Bahraini. People migrate and move around.

Last edited by pinai; 10-28-2013 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 05:22 PM

183 posts, read 295,393 times
I've always found they're culture to be fairly rich and interesting and Arabs to be generally affable when dealing with them on an equal/normal basis (I'm fairly certain that migrant laborers in the Gulf and Jews would say otherwise!).
I would agree on the first and disagree on the second part of your post op
arabs in the middle east are quite affluent compared to other arabic populaces in africa (I am skipping Iraq for obvious reasons)
about preconceived lines well nobody really cares these days(which is a good thing) when it comes to what you believe in or how you believe in it as long as appetite triggers fight or flight in one of the ahem different yet equally just and vicious(lazy) yet unified groups how they look at foreigners well the americans have their towel heads the arabs have their kafir or some other sort of derogatory term coming from a perceived weakness not towards americans per se but more for the british and the french their history is a bit more lively when it comes to those 2 anachronisms

Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM

11 posts, read 32,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tihsanoglu View Post
I've always found they're culture to be fairly rich and interesting and Arabs to be generally affable when dealing with them on an equal/normal basis (I'm fairly certain that migrant laborers in the Gulf and Jews would say otherwise!).
I would agree on the first and disagree on the second part of your post op
arabs in the middle east are quite affluent compared to other arabic populaces in africa (I am skipping Iraq for obvious reasons)
about preconceived lines well nobody really cares these days(which is a good thing) when it comes to what you believe in or how you believe in it as long as appetite triggers fight or flight in one of the ahem different yet equally just and vicious(lazy) yet unified groups how they look at foreigners well the americans have their towel heads the arabs have their kafir or some other sort of derogatory term coming from a perceived weakness not towards americans per se but more for the british and the french their history is a bit more lively when it comes to those 2 anachronisms

You are talking rubbish!

A head towel isnt a derogatory term. If you do check the history of the ancient times, people used to wear that kind of things above their head to protect them from the sun or other reasons.

Mary " Blessing upon Her" used to wear a scarf similar to the Islamic dress for women
and Jesus " Blessing upon Him" wore a head towel in the ancient time.

Do you have a problem with a head covering ? Not all Arabs nowadays wear this traditional dress

Stop spreading a hatred between Arabs and Americans you moron!

Muslims don't call anyone a kafir unless he is not a Jew or christian. I am sure you are pagan follower aren't you ?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
It's because they are in the border between Europe and Asia. Western Asian specially those closer to Europe border are usually Eurasian. Mostly those countries who are in the border usually mixed.

Other South Asian may pass as Arabs actually or from Armenia or Azerbaijan like this
Pakistani woman

Asians was divided by location. South Asian, West Asian, East Asian, Southeast Asians

Europe, Asia, Americas, Oceana, Africa are all continent and countries or people found in these continents are European, Asians, Americans, Africans. Although, United States of America used it as Nationality. Same as South Africa or South Africans. As far as I know people used race like Caucasian, Mongoloid, Black etc. on how people describe by skin color and features and Ethnic is usually related to culture or language. I met arabs who are black Qatari, Kuwaiti, Saudian and Bahraini. People migrate and move around.
The above picture is for a Pakistani bride and nothing to do with Arabs women your claim that other south Asian may pass as Arab is a false statement.

The Majority of Arabs are pure Arabs because all the world civilizations had originated from Arabian peninsula.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soaal View Post
The above picture is for a Pakistani bride and nothing to do with Arabs women your claim that other south Asian may pass as Arab is a false statement.

The Majority of Arabs are pure Arabs because all the world civilizations had originated from Arabian peninsula.
If you don't know a lot of what you call part of Arabian peninsula also came from Pakistan too. They were granted by the king a citizenship specially those who work as police or firemen. Are you an Arab? Some are Syrian, Yemeni and Iranians who do not belong to the GCC countries.

Last edited by pinai; 10-30-2013 at 09:52 AM..

Old 10-30-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
If you don't know a lot of what you call part of Arabian peninsula also came from Pakistan too. They were granted by the king a citizenship specially those who work as police or firemen. Are you an Arab? Some are Syrian, Yemeni and Iranians who do not belong to the GCC countries.

I bet that you are a Pakistani or Indian or Filipino maid who is trying to stick herself with Arab race. what a loser ? please refer to nearest bookshop and buy some books to absorb in before you make yourself a fool.

Those people who were granted a citizenship are few and its hard to issue for non arab a citizenship nowadays.

What do you know about Arab ?

Old 10-30-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I bet that you are a Pakistani or Indian or Filipino maid who is trying to stick herself with Arab race. what a loser ? please refer to nearest bookshop and buy some books to absorb in before you make yourself a fool.

Those people who were granted a citizenship are few and its hard to issue for non arab a citizenship nowadays.

What do you know about Arab ?
What I know about Arab? Because I am currently located to one of the GCC country for 8 yrs. I've been to one of the Museum and read their trading history between the Greeks, the year of Alexander the Great, Chinese traders and being part of the Persian empire and their country being the centre of Pearl Trading. lol I am proud of my race and culture and I never wish to stick myself to be part of the Arab race. Although, I appreciate their music and some of their culture. I have colleagues & friends who are Arab and they are friendly to me, they share & explain their culture and also they appreciate my culture even I am Christian Catholic and they are Muslim.

One of their rich historical site

Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,007 times
Quote:
The joke of the day!

Old 10-31-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The joke of the day!
It may sound A JOKE for you. I know you are a bit ignorant of the history of Middle East and i will give the clue !

Around 3500 BC, the first civilizations began to appear in the Middle East.

Early civilizations arose first in lower Mesopotamia which is now a part of Syria and Iraq.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:54 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,466,007 times
Here's a geography lesson, neither Syria or Iraq are located on the Arabian peninsula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia