Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 04:46 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,860,440 times

Advertisements

A house in Dasmarinas could cost up to $1M, not to mention the high association dues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 04:59 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
A house in Dasmarinas could cost up to $1M, not to mention the high association dues.
usually 20 million + pesos and how much that one in US$? all the gate entries there is securities. Dasmarinas is next to the high class village, the Forbes Park South Village Makati.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:01 AM

P20M is still $500K. P40M is around $1M. That's not loose change. And assoc dues are significant.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:31 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
P20M is still $500K. P40M is around $1M. That's not loose change. And assoc dues are significant.
True! If someone had a million U.S. dollars or half a million dollars lying around, they certainly wouldn't be considering the Philippines.

That's the other thing to avoid, high association dues.

The 3 to 4 million pesos is MUCH MORE PREFERABLE to the 40 million pesos houses. Minimal association dues as well. Granted, with the Philippines, security becomes a bigger issue, so understandable to have somewhat of one, but wouldn't want it to be equal to what a person would otherwise pay in rent.

I have a friend of a friend who owns a condo in the Philippines, and his monthly assocation fees are basically the amount of renting an apartment - which basically defeats the entire purpose of looking to own. Needless to say, he sold his condo.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
True! If someone had a million U.S. dollars or half a million dollars lying around, they certainly wouldn't be considering the Philippines.

That's the other thing to avoid, high association dues.

The 3 to 4 million pesos is MUCH MORE PREFERABLE to the 40 million pesos houses. Minimal association dues as well. Granted, with the Philippines, security becomes a bigger issue, so understandable to have somewhat of one, but wouldn't want it to be equal to what a person would otherwise pay in rent.

I have a friend of a friend who owns a condo in the Philippines, and his monthly assocation fees are basically the amount of renting an apartment - which basically defeats the entire purpose of looking to own. Needless to say, he sold his condo.
Actually, you can just buy house and lot that's not even located inside the village. Well I guess it depends on how the house was built. My American uncle who moved to the Philippines & they don't live in the village. so no security guards but he make sure that the house is secured from intruders.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Actually, you can just buy house and lot that's not even located inside the village. Well I guess it depends on how the house was built. My American uncle who moved to the Philippines & they don't live in the village. so no security guards but he make sure that the house is secured from intruders.
I'm guessing that wouldn't be in the 3-5 million peso range?

I think the greater issue is not a desire for a 'lack of security,' but an inability to afford 40 million peso houses and the high cost of association fees connected with them.

Old 11-25-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I'm guessing that wouldn't be in the 3-5 million peso range?

I think the greater issue is not a desire for a 'lack of security,' but an inability to afford 40 million peso houses and the high cost of association fees connected with them.
I guess it's quite expensive because of the location too. Those 2 villages is just few steps away to the main business district , malls etc. . I guess they are taking advantage of location as well.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
That's why I'm recommending the "Projects" near UPD as they offer more value for money than a lot of these new developments. You are also closer to amenities like sports clubs, restaurants, bars, cafes, etc. and the UP and Ateneo university campuses which host a lot of events and is open to strolling and jogging. Good especially for families w/ kids. Another area worth looking into are the subdivisions along Congressional Ave. in QC.

Quote:
I think the properties you have viewed online are being marketed by the international brokers of their developers and are targeting overseas Filipino workers or Koreans looking to move to the Philippines. As such they carry inflated prices and may have some high association dues relative to what they are worth.

Might be better to work with a reputable local broker about the neighborhoods I mentioned (near UP, Congressional or the "Scout" areas) as they tend to be more low-key and have less expensive maintenance costs.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 11-25-2013 at 08:24 AM..

Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 AM

Let's just say someone went to somewhere like CAVITE or another city like DAVAO.

If outside of the expensive Manila areas...what kind of prices might someone expect?

How about security? Basically, is any house left unattended for a few months at a time, going to be at risk in regards to security? I dont live in the Philippines, so proximity to work or anything like that, isn't relevant. I am thinking long-term of possibly buying a property, potentially in the Philippines, just to have an asset, and a place to go someday, whenever that time arrives.

So, reasonable prices would be a must, and so would security while not actively sitting in or continously staying in the house.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:08 AM

2,351 posts, read 7,087,206 times
Quote:
Let's just say someone went to somewhere like CAVITE or another city like DAVAO.

If outside of the expensive Manila areas...what kind of prices might someone expect?

How about security? Basically, is any house left unattended for a few months at a time, going to be at risk in regards to security? I dont live in the Philippines, so proximity to work or anything like that, isn't relevant. I am thinking long-term of possibly buying a property, potentially in the Philippines, just to have an asset, and a place to go someday, whenever that time arrives.

So, reasonable prices would be a must, and so would security while not actively sitting in or continously staying in the house.
In Iloilo there are houses in a gated subdivision that has 24 hour security and has 5 bedrooms at 3 million pesos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia