Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 04:53 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,071,354 times

Advertisements

Cyberspazcadet: Duerte got into power in 2016 and the people of philippines have not changed. I don't get, why would you live in a country you hate?

If it is because you have nothing to return to? If yes, be a little be grateful for the good things Philippines has given you. Being stuck inside for a few months is not a big problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 05:25 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Duterte is still very popular most feel he is doing what needs to be done.
Which is pathetic. Until Duterte is gone, Philllippines should be a no-go zone for all travelers.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:07 AM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Which is pathetic. Until Duterte is gone, Philllippines should be a no-go zone for all travelers.

The Philippines had its highest number of international tourists ever in 2018 and then in 2019. And that's even with Boracay island closed for half of 2018. I remember seeing so many foreign tourists, and they weren't all Asians. Lots of Europeans- not just old men, but couples and whole families.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:00 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
OMG. You folks are on to No Neck Ed. He lives in my home town probably no more than three miles away in a neighborhood called North Park. Who knows what’s running through his mind. His girlfriend might actually like San Diego. We have a large population from the Philippines so she might just fit in.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:37 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,010,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
My real question here was if their complaints were completely out of nowhere.
I lurk on an expat community where everyone is ranting about how their homelands are so unfriendly and how their women are fat and sassy. Which came first: the chicken or the egg? Is it just that their homelands rejected them because they were creeps or did their homelands reject them just because and that's why they're acting out?

Last edited by jackierudetsky; 05-08-2020 at 12:41 AM..

Old 05-08-2020, 02:28 PM

9,821 posts, read 11,540,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Yeah perfect example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx29LXAx_zk

He literally complained the whole time about the Philippines, but he was the one who chose to go there. I run into this type ALL THE DAMN TIME. They trash-talk the Philippines and Filipinos every chance they can get, but they choose to keep living there. Life must really suck for them back home if they choose to be sooooooo miserable in the Philippines rather than going back home.
I hope she doesn’t marry him, she can do way better. And yes this dude is from San Diego

Old 05-10-2020, 06:34 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I hope she doesn’t marry him, she can do way better. And yes this dude is from San Diego
There has been alot of internet chatter that the relationship was fake. Rose now recently claims Ed used the show to gain local popularity and get a free vacation and was never interested in pursuing a relationship with her or her son.

Old 05-10-2020, 07:13 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javawood View Post
Starting to hate the word freedom. I always feel more 'free' when not in America, go figure. Can't even get groceries near my apartment in NYC, but can still get face masks at the local 24/7 conbinis in Tokyo. Hmm!

I need to go to the immigration office and extend my visa!
Because we have sold out for higher profits by having things made in China. Also, we are more and more becoming slaves to large corporations, the environmental special interests, the two party system that divides us, and large media conglomerates.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:07 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
I guess you have to define free. Different interpretations for different people. There’s always political and social limitations on life wherever you go.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:15 PM

283 posts, read 289,138 times
It was good living until COVID-19 pulled the rug from under you all, the same thing happened to a lot of countries. A place like the PI is not set up to handle the restrictions needed to fight and "flatten the curve" for the virus. You're just going to have to wait it out. There's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Not DU30's fault, but just my humble opinion, no matter who is in charge, that guy/gal is going to have to eat a turd sandwich from having to deal with this COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia