Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2021, 10:33 PM

400 posts, read 238,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhotunKhan View Post
The 100% genetically pure blood Austronesian like the Taiwanese aboriginal do look the same as the average people of Indonesian, Malaysia and Filipino.

Those videos you posted only has 5-6 people in each videos, how would you call those 5-6 people they interviewed to be average and uses them to representing millions of people anyway? That is such a joke and that is the real definition of what you called "cherry picking".

How about we look at videos that has very large population in the video in term 100 or even 1000 of people? (This is what we called "real average")

All of these 3 regions of Northern+NorthEastern+Central have the combined population of around 77% of the total population of Thailand.(red and blue circle on the map)

Average people of Thailand in term of large scale population do look very similar to the people of Southern China(not the North). They look nothing similar to the average people of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Cambodia.

If you wanna go scientific, it has been proven times and times again that the average genetic of the Thai people are actually similar to the people of Southern China(not Han-Chinese from the North).

Thai Genetic are actually very different from Indonesian, Malaysian, Filipino and Cambodian.

To me it seem you are trying so hard to claim that Indonesian look the same as Thai dispite there is nothing in common between Thai and Indonesian at all. I am wondering why anyway?

1. Historical of origin are very different.
2. Genetic are very different.
3. Physical appearance of the large scale population look nothing similar.

Simply visit Bangkok and the truth will reveal itself. Why are you trying so hard?

Or maybe your definition of "Chinese" is different from mine. You seem consider any mainland East Asian as "Chinese". For me "Chinese" means Han people and other closer ethnics like Hakka, Hokkien, etc. under sinosphere influence. The simplest thing is by looking the use of "chopsticks".

Tai people, just like Austronesian people, are tiny minority in modern day countries where they originally settled in (take a very bold note that both Southern China and Taiwan are in East Asia). Tai people in China is approx only 1 Million compared to 1,300 Million Han people in China. Even the purest Tai people look different from Han people.

Both Tai and Austronesian people look physically closer to each other.

Dayak

Tai

Quote:
At the same time it's kinda funny that you are also trying so hard to dismissed any relationship you have with the Malay and the Filipino who you shared most of the historical of origin and genetic with.
Dismiss what? LOL
As I always say, Indonesia is diverse. Please take a note. Some tribes such as Javanese do have closer ties to Austro Asiatic. While others like Dayak have closer relation to Austronesian. There's even Papuan with Melanesian background. Understand?

We never generalize "Brown skinned Indonesian" as Malay. Malay/Melayu for us is a tribe living in Riau, Riau Islands, and surrounding provinces in Sumatera which separate tribes from the largest Javanese tribe. It's Malaysia who call all brown skinned native Moslem as "Malay" as opposed to Chinese and Indian community. So even "Malay" themselves are actually have 2 main separate root Austro Asiatic - Austronesian. (The more you know)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2021, 10:41 PM

^^

https://www.kompas.id/baca/utama/201...-di-indonesia/

Old 05-19-2021, 08:43 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Filipinos are mainly Austronesian with some Negrito admixture, but it's debated whether Austronesian originated in Taiwan or whether they migrated there and also eastward to New Guinea, when the Sunda Shelf began to flood at the end of the Ice Age. The "out of Taiwan" model is being challenged by an "Out of Sunda" theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos#Prehistory
Quote:
A January 2009 study of language phylogenies by R. D. Gray at the University of California, Los Angeles published in the journal Science, suggests that the population expansion of Austronesian peoples was triggered by rising sea levels of the Sunda shelf at the end of the last ice age. This was a two-pronged expansion, which moved north through the Philippines and into Taiwan, while a second expansion prong spread east along the New Guinea coast and into Oceania and Polynesia.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Filipinos are mainly Austronesian with some Negrito admixture, but it's debated whether Austronesian originated in Taiwan or whether they migrated there and also eastward to New Guinea, when the Sunda Shelf began to flood at the end of the Ice Age. The "out of Taiwan" model is being challenged by an "Out of Sunda" theory.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filipinos#Prehistory

Genetically speaking, Filipinos do share similar Austronesian root with other Archipelago Southeast Asian, people of North Borneo (Sabah-Malaysia) and North Sulawesi (Indonesia), being the closest relatives.

IMO, this map is quite comprehensive.

I know nothing about Filipino languages, but these local languages from tribes in Northern parts of Sulawesi sound like Filipino languages to me (not necessarily mutually intelligible tho'). Maybe some Filipinos can confirm?

Old 05-20-2021, 05:06 PM

136 posts, read 129,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Simply visit Bangkok and the truth will reveal itself. Why are you trying so hard?

Or maybe your definition of "Chinese" is different from mine. You seem consider any mainland East Asian as "Chinese". For me "Chinese" means Han people and other closer ethnics like Hakka, Hokkien, etc. under sinosphere influence. The simplest thing is by looking the use of "chopsticks".

Tai people, just like Austronesian people, are tiny minority in modern day countries where they originally settled in (take a very bold note that both Southern China and Taiwan are in East Asia). Tai people in China is approx only 1 Million compared to 1,300 Million Han people in China. Even the purest Tai people look different from Han people.

Dismiss what? LOL
As I always say, Indonesia is diverse. Please take a note. Some tribes such as Javanese do have closer ties to Austro Asiatic. While others like Dayak have closer relation to Austronesian. There's even Papuan with Melanesian background. Understand?

We never generalize "Brown skinned Indonesian" as Malay. Malay/Melayu for us is a tribe living in Riau, Riau Islands, and surrounding provinces in Sumatera which separate tribes from the largest Javanese tribe. It's Malaysia who call all brown skinned native Moslem as "Malay" as opposed to Chinese and Indian community. So even "Malay" themselves are actually have 2 main separate root Austro Asiatic - Austronesian. (The more you know)
There is a few things I needed to point out here...

Quote:
Lol I visited Bangkok or Central Thailand so many times and people there on average look East Asian(most of them are ethnically Han-Chinese), I would call them to be similar to the average people of Singapore.

Quote:
"Northern Han-Chinese" and "Southern Han-Chinese" are genetically different and they don't look similar.

Now compare it to the genetic of Indonesian, Filipino and Malay.

I said that Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) people look "East Asian" similar to the Southern Han-Chinese in term of physical appearance and genetic, not in term of culture. (And no, they don't look the same as the Northern Han-Chinese)

Also how does the physical appearance or even genetic of human have anything related to what culture/religion they are practicing anyway? According to your definition does that means If an Africa man desired to adapt the Sinosphere culture and starts to wear Hanfu and uses chopsticks to eat, does that will automatically made his genetic and physical shifts from African and become similar to the Han-Chinese in your definition?

Quote:
Tai people, just like Austronesian people, are tiny minority in modern day countries where they originally settled in (take a very bold note that both Southern China and Taiwan are in East Asia). Tai people in China is approx only 1 Million compared to 1,300 Million Han people in China.
Nope, this is a big no and no.

Zhuang is also part of the Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) race, and they are actually the 2nd biggest ethnicity in China after the Han, their population is 18 millions people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_people

Zhuang = 18 millions

Tai/Dai = 1-2 millions

The total population of the Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) race in China is almost 20 millions people.

Old 05-20-2021, 11:10 PM

Quote:
There is a few things I needed to point out here...

Lol I visited Bangkok or Central Thailand so many times and people there on average look East Asian(most of them are ethnically Han-Chinese), I would call them to be similar to the average people of Singapore.

"Northern Han-Chinese" and "Southern Han-Chinese" are genetically different and they don't look similar.

Now compare it to the genetic of Indonesian, Filipino and Malay.

I said that Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) people look "East Asian" similar to the Southern Han-Chinese in term of physical appearance and genetic, not in term of culture. (And no, they don't look the same as the Northern Han-Chinese)

Also how does the physical appearance or even genetic of human have anything related to what culture/religion they are practicing anyway? According to your definition does that means If an Africa man desired to adapt the Sinosphere culture and starts to wear Hanfu and uses chopsticks to eat, does that will automatically made his genetic and physical shifts from African and become similar to the Han-Chinese in your definition?

Nope, this is a big no and no.
I don't buy mere words. I would rather show videos to clear things up.
The main question is, are these people look Chinese to you?

From this video, I can tell which one is native Thai, which one is Thai with Chinese descent (those school boys), simply by looking their faces for few seconds. It's as clear as day, Dude ....

And from previous video, I can also tell that Miss Sumitra has Chinese admixture as well.

The eyes look completely different between Thai and Chinese. I know Thailand has large population of Chinese (so does Indonesia), but it doesn't mean anything. Native Thai still looks very Southeast Asian to me.

Old 05-21-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I don't buy mere words. I would rather show videos to clear things up.

From this video, I can tell which one is native Thai, which one is Thai with Chinese descent (those school boys), simply by looking their faces for few seconds. It's as clear as day, Dude ....

And from previous video, I can also tell that Miss Sumitra has Chinese admixture as well.

The eyes look completely different between Thai and Chinese. I know Thailand has large population of Chinese (so does Indonesia), but it doesn't mean anything. Native Thai still looks very Southeast Asian to me.
Those videos you posted only has 5-6 people in each videos, how would you call those 5-6 people they interviewed to be average and uses them to representing millions of people anyway? That is such a joke and that is the real definition of what you called "cherry picking".

How about we look at videos that has very large population in the video in term 100 or even 1000 of people? (This is what we called "real average")

Northern Thailand(people mostly looks East Asian, similar to the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) tribes in China)

North-Eastern Thailand(people mostly looks East Asian, similar to the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) tribes in China)

Central Thailand(people mostly looks East Asian, similar to the Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) tribes in China)

All of these 3 regions of Northern+NorthEastern+Central have the combined population of around 77% of the total population of Thailand.(red and blue circle on the map)

1. The majority of the population of Thailand lives in Central(blue circle) and Northern(red circle), both areas combined will make up around 77% of the total population. (54 millions people out of 70 millions).

North = around 26 millions, the majority of the population are ethically Thai/Tai/Dai(Tai-kadai) people.

Central = around 28 millions, the majority of the population are ethically Han-Chinese.

2. Southern Thailand(areas in black circle) only has 13% of the total population. (9.5 out of 70 millions)

The majority of the population are ethically Malay(Austronesian).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Thailand

3. Eastern Thailand(areas in the purple circle, Cambodia's borders) has only 10% of the total population. (7.3 out of 70 millions)

The majority of the population are ethically Khmer(Austro-Asiantic).

You can add up the population of each province(inside the purple circle) and do the math here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isan

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Thailand

4. We can definitely say that it's actually the people of Northern and Central who are the representative of Thailand as a whole(because they made up the most population).

Not the people of Eastern and Southern(they have low population).

Quote:
Most people in Thailand (70%-80% of the people) can easily go to places in Southern China like Sichuan or Yunnan and they can easily be mistaken as local. (On another hand Indonesian, Cambodian, Malay and Filipino will be totally stand out as foreigner)

Sichuan

Yunnan

Quote:
From this video, I can tell which one is native Thai, which one is Thai with Chinese descent (those school boys), simply by looking their faces for few seconds. It's as clear as day, Dude
What is the meaning of the word "native Thai" anyway?

There are 4 ethnic groups in Thailand.
1. Tai-kadai people (they are the real Thai people here according to the historical of origin).

2.Han-Chinese (This is what you called Thai-Chinese)

3.Khmer(it's usually people of this ethicity who looks similar to the people of Indonesia, Cambodian, Malay, Filipino. The classical brown "Southeast Asian" looks).

4.Malay(it's usually people of this ethicity who looks similar to the people of Indonesia, Cambodian, Malay, Filipino. The classical brown "Southeast Asian" looks).

There are 2 type of phenotype in Thailand...

1. The East Asian phenotype = Thai/Tai(Tai-kadai) ethnic and Han-Chinese ethnic.

2. The Southeast Asian phenotype = Khmer ethnic and Malay ethnic

In term of "large scale population", the East Asian phenotype will made up around 70-80% of the population of Thailand.

The Southeast Asian phenotype will only made up around 20-30%.

Quote:
I know Thailand has large population of Chinese (so does Indonesia)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_Chinese

Thailand has around 14.5 millions people who are ethnically Han-Chinese (14.5 out of 70 millions is around 20.7% of the population)

Indonesia has around 9 to 12.5 millions people who are ethnically Han-Chinese (12.5 out of 270 millions is only around 0.46% of the population)

Such a joke that you keep mentioning this 0.46% of the population to be "large population".

Last edited by KhotunKhan; 05-21-2021 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Look at all videos I have posted about interviewing random people on the street of Bangkok. Those are completely random people whom you will likely meet on the street.

And I have visited Thailand myself, Dude. You can not just invalidate my experience, what I really see there, with your theory of ancestry bla bla bla. Native Thai may have whatever genes that creates such physical appearance, but that appearance for me is very Southeast Asian.

Quote:
LOL ...

I can also give you tons of such videos to give false image that average Indonesians look Chinese

Old 05-22-2021, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Look at all videos I have posted about interviewing random people on the street of Bangkok. Those are completely random people whom you will likely meet on the street.

And I have visited Thailand myself, Dude. You can not just invalidate my experience, what I really see there, with your theory of ancestry bla bla bla. Native Thai may have whatever genes that creates such physical appearance, but that appearance for me is very Southeast Asian.

LOL ...

I can also give you tons of such videos to give false image that average Indonesians look Chinese

really "dude"? You posted videos clearly in China town? Are you proud of that 0.46% of the population huh?

While my videos are public colleges students, not China town.

Quote:
And I have visited Thailand myself, Dude. You can not just invalidate my experience,
Who care about your" personal opinion" ???

Every thing you been claiming up until now are all about "This is my opinion and I think it is the truth". You never show any real historical and scientific "facts" to prove your point.

Why should other people "trust your personal experience"?? Why ??

If you want to prove your claim, show us real historical and scientific facts okay?

I can also play the same card as you and claim that "I also have been to Indonesia and most people there look like Negritos".

Average Indonesian people

Are you going to believe in "my personal opinion"??

Last edited by KhotunKhan; 05-22-2021 at 09:06 AM..

Old 05-22-2021, 09:18 AM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times
Quote:
Genetically speaking, Filipinos do share similar Austronesian root with other Archipelago Southeast Asian, people of North Borneo (Sabah-Malaysia) and North Sulawesi (Indonesia), being the closest relatives.

IMO, this map is quite comprehensive.
I already responded to that map. You seem to have missed my point. The map shows Austronesians as coming out of Taiwan, then spreading in a diaspora. There's linguistic, archaeological and genetic evidence to bolster the theory, that Austronesians originated in certain parts of the now largely submerged Sunda Shelf, then migrating to Thailand and elsewhere, also north TO Taiwan. Read Stephen Oppenheimer's "Eden in the East", for a very detailed cataloguing of all the evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia