Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 05:21 AM

43,620 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Keep in mind many of the Israelis are Americans from birth and many grew up in the USA, many are dual citizens if the USA and Israel. The USA has a lot of Jews and, at least in my experience, most Jews have been to Israel or is in their must-visit-at-least-once-in-a-lifetime list.
The majority of Israelis nowadays are descendants of those immigrated to Israel from Arab & Northern African countries. So not that many Israelis are Americans from birth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 08:45 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,614 times
Quote:
Keep in mind many of the Israelis are Americans from birth and many grew up in the USA, many are dual citizens if the USA and Israel. The USA has a lot of Jews and, at least in my experience, most Jews have been to Israel or is in their must-visit-at-least-once-in-a-lifetime list.

I don't get the impression a similar situation exist with Americans and Palestinians.

The vast majority of Israelis were born and raised in Israel now-days. The Palestinians I know personally in this country, parents were from the Middle East and kids grew up in the US.

I have never been to Israel but my only living aunts escaped Europe after WWII and went to Israel. Most of the family was murdered. My parents were very young adults after being in the concentration camps and luckily were able to come to the US afterwards. So all of my living cousins are in Israel. I was planning to go visit them; obviously not a good time.

Old 11-08-2023, 02:46 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,597,105 times
There's no point of arguing with those of you who support the MURDEROUS APARTHEID LAND STEALING entity called israel. That entity will continue to harass and murder the indigenous people of the region as long as they want, with your support.

God judges you now.

Old 11-08-2023, 04:03 PM

694 posts, read 284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
There's no point of arguing with those of you who support the MURDEROUS APARTHEID LAND STEALING entity called israel. That entity will continue to harass and murder the indigenous people of the region as long as they want, with your support.

God judges you now.
LOL, I am sorry, I can only picture this when you post. Particularly the capital letters. It's hard to take serious.

Old 11-08-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post

God judges you now.
It is hard to argue with anyone who supports the MURDEROUS terrorist Jew hating groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

Old 11-08-2023, 06:31 PM

546 posts, read 569,260 times
Quote:
That's only part of the story. There were many cases of wars, invasions, military attacks, etc between Native American civilizations. For example, when Columbus discovered the Caribbean islands he met the Taino. He noticed they had such a fear of the Caribs that they would tremble simply by hearing their name. Why? The Caribs would often raid their villages along the coast, kidnap village girls and women to another island where they were forced to become the wives of Carib men and, probably much worse, they practiced cannibalism especially with captured Tainos. It wasn't they simply kidnapped a kid to eat him. First they fed him in order to make him fat like a pig and then sacrificed. This is probably one of the more extremes since most Native American groups were not cannibals, but many were. In Mexico the success of the conquest of Hernan Cortez was the rivalry and downright hatred that existed between the Aztecs and several different tribes in the surrounding area. All the people sacrificed in the pyramids of the Aztecs? The leaders claimed it was a religious necessity, but none of the sacrificed were Aztecs but rather boys and men they captured as the Aztecs invaded and made war to nearby tribes.

Reality is more complicated than how it's often taught.

Nothing excuses what Israel or Palestine are doing to each other, but human groups have been attacking each other for centuries and all over the world. Now is actually one of the few times that most of humanity is at peace. Think about that.

There are many towns built in colonial times in the Americas and in Medeival times in Europe. One of the things that define many of them is a wall that surrounded them and in many cases those walls were interrupted by fortresses. Those are not new towns by any stretch of the imaginations. Those walls and fortresses, actual gates/doors to enter or exit the city were not built solely to look majestic or pretty.

Until recently it was thought that countries no longer invaded a neighbor to get more land, resources, etc. Everyone (at least in the West) thought that, but then came Russia and the Ukraine. Old habits are not easy to break and this is actually a very old thing among humans. Some would say it's a human tradition.

From my understanding, the Jews were there before the Palestinians. Just look at the Bible, it doesn't mention the Palestinians anywhere but it sure does the Jews and even Israel. The Bible has been around for at least 2,000 years and the Torah is even older (much of the Old Testament in the Bible is parts of the Torah.) Basically, the basic difference between Jews and Christians is that Jews don't believe that their fellow Jewish guy named Jesus Christ was the messiah, while Christians started as nothing more than Jews that believe Jesus Christ is the messiah.

With that said, I don't think the Palestinians are going anywhere and neither are the Israeli. They should come to terms with that, accept that they are stuck with each other and learn to live in peace in the same land. If they can't be intermingled with each other, then separate but in equal terms and not one getting more privilege or a better lifestyle than the other. Otherwise, these differences will cause one to resent the other even if they are separated but on the same land. We now see how that is going.

I'm in favor of that, but not just Israel. Palestine shouldn't get help from other countries either. This goes for the other countries in the rest of the world.
About the part where you claim that Palesinians were not native in the Bible...

Actually its the reverse the Bible itself stated that Palestinians were older than Israelites remember the Philistines? The Palestinians ancestors? The 12 Tribes of Israel who came from Egypt stole the land in the Levant originally belonging to Phonecians (Lebanon) and Palistinians (Philistines) I cant believe you overlooked that.

Old 11-08-2023, 07:55 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,861,614 times
Palestine was named this by the Ancient Greeks ("Philistia"), to refer to that geographic area. This did originally come from the name Philistine. The inhabitants were from a mix of tribes who came to settle in this land area called Palestine. They were not direct descendants of the ancient Philistines, who were essentially annihilated long before, and originally came from Europe. They are thought to be originally from Greece or Crete, based on pottery similarities and much more recently, DNA samples from an ancient Philistine burial site.

Really interesting to me.

Old 11-09-2023, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
About the part where you claim that Palesinians were not native in the Bible...

Actually its the reverse the Bible itself stated that Palestinians were older than Israelites remember the Philistines? The Palestinians ancestors? The 12 Tribes of Israel who came from Egypt stole the land in the Levant originally belonging to Phonecians (Lebanon) and Palistinians (Philistines) I cant believe you overlooked that.
There is no connection between the Philistines and the Palestinians. The Romans named the area Palestine when they threw the Jews out of Judea (and ancient Israel).

Old 11-09-2023, 11:59 AM

990 posts, read 878,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
Wow, calm down. Are you one of those wacky college students praising Hamas?

You are losing your rational thought process. Let's simplify this - both sides are ingenious to that region. Both sides were offered a state by the United Nations. Side A (Palestinians) refused to recognize the other state and attacked, and continues to attack over the course of 70 years, developing into brutal tactics that includes the murder of women and children. The other side, side B (Israel), has no choice but to fight back and defend it's citizens.

Every nation in the world should support Israel's fight against these brutal terrorists, not the Palestinian people, but the terrorists that not only brutalize Jews, but it's own people.
It's not that simple, there are a large number of idiots on both sides, as there are in all societies in the world.

The extreme right in Israel does not accept the existence of a Palestinian state either.

Remember that in the 90s, when a peace treaty was signed between Yasser Arafat and the Israeli president of the time, Yitzhak Rabin, the latter was simply assassinated by an extreme right-wing Jew, and his death was celebrated by many Jews with far right mindset.

On the Palestinian side, Fatah of which Yasser Arafat was the leader and is more moderate, accepting the idea of 2 states, was taken from power precisely by Hamas in a civil war in Gaza. Hamas is of extremist mindset that advocates the elimination of the Israeli state and Jews from the area.

So as long as moderates on both sides do not take power and the extremists lose strength, this war will not end.

The dream of extremist Jews is to take over all the area and expel all the Palestinians to neighboring Arab countries.

Old 11-09-2023, 12:59 PM

694 posts, read 284,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
It's not that simple, there are a large number of idiots on both sides, as there are in all societies in the world.

The extreme right in Israel does not accept the existence of a Palestinian state either.

Remember that in the 90s, when a peace treaty was signed between Yasser Arafat and the Israeli president of the time, Yitzhak Rabin, the latter was simply assassinated by an extreme right-wing Jew, and his death was celebrated by many Jews with far right mindset.

On the Palestinian side, Fatah of which Yasser Arafat was the leader and is more moderate, accepting the idea of 2 states, was taken from power precisely by Hamas in a civil war in Gaza. Hamas is of extremist mindset that advocates the elimination of the Israeli state and Jews from the area.

So as long as moderates on both sides do not take power and the extremists lose strength, this war will not end.

The dream of extremist Jews is to take over all the area and expel all the Palestinians to neighboring Arab countries.
Of course it's not that simple, but the simplistic outbursts from one deserves a simplistic response that he could understand.

Yes they have an extreme right wing and Israel and I know about Fatah. What is ironic is that Fatah, the same organization that massacred Jewish athletes in the 1972 Olympics, and blew up school buses with Jewish children later that decade, and started one or two intifada's in the 90s, are considered the moderate party on the Palestinian side. I know people consider Netanyahu an extreme right wing but remember he has a coalition government, governed also by an independent Knesset (congress) with left wing representation.

There are no moderates on the Palestinian political side. They are dedicated to one principle - the extermination of jews. Fatah/PA is at least practical and willing to deal.

I have to dig out the data I saw in the polls a few months back before this current conflict. Basically, polls of majority Israeli's said they were still for the two state solution, and peaceful coexistence with Arabs. Polls in Gaza and West Bank Palestinians indicated that they were no longer for the 2 state solution, were in favor of only 1 Palestinian state, and wished to continue with military action against Israel. It is sad and I blame the Palestinian leaders for creating a culture of hatred against Jews that starts at birth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia