Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 05:56 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesomedove54 View Post
Yes it is, and my son is helping me learn, what to do and what not to do. So hopefully with everyones help I will do better. And there are days I should just stay off these boards, lol, if you know what I mean. Cause I sometimes let personal problems cloud my thought process.
HUMMMMMMM, Welcome to the human race!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 07:15 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I was reading this thread and realised I had no idea where Australia stood on the gay marriage issue. I thought we had a pretty good level of tolerance and acceptance in the community, after all we have the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras in Sydney every year. I personally have had many friends who are gay and some I thought were married. I looked up what the actual laws were and apparently gay couples can have a legal partnership with all of the same legal rights and privileges of a hetero marriage.But they cannot call themselves married as that only applies to male/female relationships. I thought this was ridiculous, why give people all of the rights of marriage but not allow them to say they are married? Although on the other hand I am glad they at least have the legal matters sorted.
That sounds familiar....Equal, but separate....Now where have I heard that before....Oh yeah, I think it was called segregation.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:37 PM

307 posts, read 1,181,220 times
Even when I did "believe", I didn't care about gay marriage. It's one of those issues that should just go away and let em do it already. There are actual problems in the world that need to be addressed.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
There's quite a difference between unnatural and "utter revulsion".
OH YEAH, UTTER revulsion is a pathological fear of cows!

Old 12-21-2008, 06:24 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
OH YEAH, UTTER revulsion is a pathological fear of cows!
No . . . that would be UDDER revulsion.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
I'm not an atheist, but I don't really have a problem with gay marriage. What do I care? It would have no affect on my life whatsoever. I don't get folks who are so hell bent on preventing this! They should find a better cause to fight for. Like gun rights or something.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:09 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,459,928 times
I used to be an atheist, and even then I had a problem with gay marriage. I have always had a problem with secular society, and I much preferred when these people stayed in the closet.

It is disgusting, and revolting as a poster said earlier.

Sincerely, proud bigot. (Before anyone calls me one, I can direct you to a picture of a room full of people who care. If being against something so unnatural as gay marriage makes me a bigot, then woohoo! I'm a bigot! Gonna start my bigot pride parade!)

Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 AM

33,527 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I used to be an atheist, and even then I had a problem with gay marriage. I have always had a problem with secular society, and I much preferred when these people stayed in the closet.

Sincerely, proud bigot. (Before anyone calls me one, I can direct you to a picture of a room full of people who care. If being against something so unnatural as gay marriage makes me a bigot, then woohoo! I'm a bigot! Gonna start my bigot pride parade!)
The world would be a better place if people like you stayed in the closet.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:40 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post

Why is it revolting? It's just sex. Better married and commited than unmarried. I know people who have sex with anyone who'll give it to them. That's revolting. All the diseases you could get.....I say be monogamous no matter what your orientation is.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:04 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,315,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That sounds familiar....Equal, but separate....Now where have I heard that before....Oh yeah, I think it was called segregation.

I agree, it is segregation. One of the hangovers from being under a conservative government for too long.They also tried to further segregate the indigenous community but that's another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism