Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2018, 04:56 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,971,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Speaking for oneself and like minded others seems proper to me. Contrast that to your speaking on behalf of an army of imaginary atheists possessed of qualities you find distasteful.
Quoted for truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I thought that I was clearly acknowledging that an atheist can do those things. But it's wrong for an atheist to say that everyone else should be like him and do things his way. I think people should be free to believe as they wish. It's called "freedom of religion". I'm beginning to suspect that many atheists are unfamiliar with the concept.

See Grandstander's post above.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:01 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,853,575 times
Quote:
So you are defending atheists for doing something stupid,...
It's only people like you that see fighting against wilful ignorance and superstition as 'stupid' - and it's only people like you that are claiming that atheists think that everyone else should be like them and do things their way. Yet another one of you straw men that has collapsed in flames.

Quote:
...only because you assume religious people did the same thing?
I don't 'assume'. The grim facts relating to the history of Christianity are well know and supported by verifiable evidence.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I don't know why ya'll keep engaging with this "Ozzy rules in his own mind" person. Moderator cut: Edited
There is another option, he actually has problems making intelligent, rational arguments.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 12-14-2018, 05:09 AM

Quote:
"Secular society" is code for atheistic influence. A minority group wanting to control society. It seems like atheists try to slap a religious label on all things done in history that they happen to dislike. It's ridiculous, insane and horrible. Freedom of religion is obviously not enough. I don't know if that is their goal but if it is that's sick and they know it. If it's true then I thank God that atheists are a minority and that they don't have the power they desire.
And you accused me of being dishonest.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
"Secular society" is code for atheistic influence. A minority group wanting to control society. It seems like atheists try to slap a religious label on all things done in history that they happen to dislike. It's ridiculous, insane and horrible. Freedom of religion is obviously not enough. I don't know if that is their goal but if it is that's sick and they know it. If it's true then I thank God that atheists are a minority and that they don't have the power they desire.
It's very strange how those who so nearly reach an understanding with atheists (or ought to) then pull away and clap their hands over their ears and shout absurd accusations. Is this a ploy to get me to give up?

Is it ringing the changes on starting a row or getting into cheeky trashtalk? Try to silence me that way? You are not going to silence me at any rate.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-14-2018 at 10:10 AM..

Old 12-14-2018, 12:21 PM

12,192 posts, read 2,960,983 times
Quote:
I don't know why ya'll keep engaging with this "Ozzy rules in his own mind" person. Moderator cut: Edited
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
There is another option, he actually has problems making intelligent, rational arguments.
So why answer him and give him more chances to spew garbage for the similarly confused. He's just doing it for attention. Ignore him.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-14-2018 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:27 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,511 times
Quote:
He has an opinion, and his opinion deserves to be addressed on a forum whose existence is dedicated to addressing these sorts of differing opinions. The fact that his opinion does not stand up well to scrutiny allows everyone to reach an informed conclusion.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:26 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,857,522 times
If people don't want to hear me in this subforum, then please, I would prefer to just be banned from the Atheist forum.

I'll apologize if it seems that I have opinions that seem to change. I'm just going to be honest about what I think. Yes, I don't always think it out in the most coherent manner.

But my issue is the attack on religion. The saying is true, "Only the BAD news is reported." We don't hear about all the good things in religion that outnumber the bad by 1000 fold. Many people don't even attend church but they still act out on their religious faith. So that's why I think it's literally dishonest to attack religion the way it is so often done here.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:38 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
If people don't want to hear me in this subforum, then please, I would prefer to just be banned from the Atheist forum.

I'll apologize if it seems that I have opinions that seem to change. I'm just going to be honest about what I think. Yes, I don't always think it out in the most coherent manner.

But my issue is the attack on religion. The saying is true, "Only the BAD news is reported." We don't hear about all the good things in religion that outnumber the bad by 1000 fold. Many people don't even attend church but they still act out on their religious faith. So that's why I think it's literally dishonest to attack religion the way it is so often done here.
Nothing wrong with that. How do you see religion being attacked?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism