Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2021, 12:11 PM

63,937 posts, read 40,202,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Your posts -- including one thread you named after yourself -- are too much about your ego regarding your beliefs. Too much about how much more intelligent you are than the other posters. And yet you refuse to take your ideas to a more scientific place for support...cause you know it won't be there. You'd do much better here if you climbed down off our pedestal.
My ideas are not any more welcome in the science forum than here, Phet. The bold is just more of your presumptuous pretense at psychic abilities. I am currently jousting for the pedestal with Irkle and mensaguy brandishing our IQ lances in another thread, It is a riot. Actually, mensa refuses to reveal his lance and accurately points out that it is our EQ that matters more in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2021, 12:46 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,360,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Great question, and I'm quite certain the answer is no. Certainly not always, but a dominance of men in many an arena, organization(s), has proven to be a clear case of chauvinism that is pretty well impossible to deny. Not as often a case of sexism when it comes to women-dominated jobs, though some of that is a result of chauvinism too. Perhaps a topic for another thread and probably not in this forum, but again good question that's worth a closer look before drawing conclusion(s) as to what's actually going on. Cause/effect.
The hegemony of the male human is explained with mild sexual dimorphism. The male is larger, more aggressive, and produces millions of sperms. The female is smaller, less aggressive, and up until 1960 was saddled with multiple pregnancies during her youth. Try having a career with eight children. That is how humans evolved. BTW, in other species the female is dominant.

Existence for men was not a cakewalk. They often died in battle in an era where 97% of the world population was poor. The men that were powerful and educated were an extremely tiny percent and yet most men are judged by the standard of the exceptional and not the average. When they say most CEOs are men that also means that most men never make it to CEO.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:51 PM

50,965 posts, read 24,459,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My ideas are not any more welcome in the science forum than here, Phet. The bold is just more of your presumptuous pretense at psychic abilities. I am currently jousting for the pedestal with Irkle and mensaguy brandishing our IQ lances in another thread, It is a riot. Actually, mensa refuses to reveal his lance and accurately points out that it is our EQ that matters more in here.
You will notice in this post that I didn't suggest taking your ideas to the science forum here. There's a big world out there beyond City-Data.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:59 PM

16,059 posts, read 7,079,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The hegemony of the male human is explained with mild sexual dimorphism. The male is larger, more aggressive, and produces millions of sperms. The female is smaller, less aggressive, and up until 1960 was saddled with multiple pregnancies during her youth. Try having a career with eight children. That is how humans evolved. BTW, in other species the female is dominant.

Existence for men was not a cakewalk. They often died in battle in an era where 97% of the world population was poor. The men that were powerful and educated were an extremely tiny percent and yet most men are judged by the standard of the exceptional and not the average. When they say most CEOs are men that also means that most men never make it to CEO.
We are a long way from might is right, hunting and gathering. When we decided all men are created equal it did not just mean white men. This is a concept that is hard to grasp for many, even some women.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:03 PM

7,602 posts, read 6,104,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
We are a long way from might is right, hunting and gathering. When we decided all men are created equal it did not just mean white men. This is a concept that is hard to grasp for many, even some women.
That is social Evolution. It is the natural progression of a society and of humans, attempting to bring about a better, more successful society.

No Bible , and no god needed.

Old 02-19-2021, 01:58 PM

7,600 posts, read 4,177,338 times
Quote:
After the Unite Right Rally by white nationalists in Charlottesville that resulted in 3 deaths and 33 injuries, Trump declared there are good people on both sides. That is not balanced, it is insane, and yes it creates balance in such a head. That is acquiescence in the face injustice, inequality, terrorism.
I understand what you mean now. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
exactly how I see it. It took me a while in life to see its more like a barrel on a seesaw. It rolls back and forth to reach "balance".

Fool me thought I can do it. Now I realize, a turd like me can only hope to roll the barrel back and forth, trying to keep the ends from hitting the ground, too hard. And sometimes the seesaw swings very quickly back and forth, smacking the ground, a few times before I can reenter. And really, its never "centered" as much ... I don't know the word for dynamic equilibrium of a seesaw.
That's a nice analogy.

Quote:
Can't speak for everyone, and I would hate for you to feel your question is being ignored again, so here's my response about what balance means to me. Better yet, here's a dictionary definition that does just about as good a job as I can do with my own words...

"Balance is often mis-understood as making all things equal and giving equal weight to all things. According to the dictionary, balance is defined as: : a means of judging or deciding : a counterbalancing weight, force, or influence : mental and emotional steadiness."

https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/th...ng-of-balance/

Of course this attempt at balance can apply to many things. Most certainly the effort to have a "balanced life." I used to work as an Executive Coach and often explained to people that achieving that balance was key to achieving success. With their career, their personal relationships. Their life. Ultimately their happiness.

Also why I try to maintain a proper balance in this forum. AKA not to spend too much time here...
Thanks, LearnMe. And you don't have to respond to all of my posts, but thank you for your thoughts on the matter.

Quote:
May not be anything that has to be done, but it is something we all do at some point...
To me, decision making needs concrete action. A belief can just stay in my head.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:19 PM

2,962 posts, read 867,148 times
Quote:
After the Unite Right Rally by white nationalists in Charlottesville that resulted in 3 deaths and 33 injuries, Trump declared there are good people on both sides. That is not balanced, it is insane, and yes it creates balance in such a head. That is acquiescence in the face injustice, inequality, terrorism.
I challenge you to verify the accuracy of your statement. You are referring to the popular narrative, not the facts. The facts are easy to find. I’m not much into politics but I do care when a widespread, repeated narrative is a fabrication.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
I challenge you to verify the accuracy of your statement. You are referring to the popular narrative, not the facts. The facts are easy to find. I’m not much into politics but I do care when a widespread, repeated narrative is a fabrication.
Take it to the political forum. We are discussing moral obligation of atheists.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:27 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,360,558 times
Quote:
There is no equality. Even identical twins with the same DNA achieve differently. BTW, there is only one human race.

Old 02-19-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
There is no equality. Even identical twins with the same DNA achieve differently. BTW, there is only one human race.
Equal opportunity. There is no race, there is only human. Race is a devilish construct invented to exploit people deemed lesser. That is why we need laws to cure it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism