Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 05:43 PM

7,602 posts, read 4,179,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I can't speak for other Christians, so I will speak for myself only.

When the storms of life come knocking on my door, (that's a frequent event), i think, here we go again Lord.

I'm not worried because I know nothing will happen that the Lord has not allowed to happen. So whatever that happening is, I'm a peace with it. I accept it and do what I know is right according to God's Word.

That is very important to the Christian, doing what he knows is right according to the Word of God. It's important because the storm is just another test of ones faith, this is how God perfects faith, He is saying in this storm, Do you believe me and my promises, do you trust me to see you through it, will you prove it through your actions.

The Christians call this sanctification, a word found many times in scripture and very well known. It's a purifying process that ultimately brings one closer to God in relationship. This process lasts as long as the person lives.

I'm sorry to say that this process is not available for unbelievers. In fact they face these storms alone and all the unknown's that go with it.

In the middle of the night, in the storms of life, the fear sets in as at no other time. That's when the gentle voice of the Lord whispers to His child, everything is going to be ok.
I just learned that fear is a temporary feeling and not a state to remain in. Also, if the situation is not life or death, then I don't call the feeling I have "fear" but rather worry. Worrying is when I didn't take care of something or when I try to have too much control over a situation. That can be easily dealt with.

Old 12-30-2020, 05:51 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,331,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
I just learned that fear is a temporary feeling and not a state to remain in. Also, if the situation is not life or death, then I don't call the feeling I have "fear" but rather worry. Worrying is when I didn't take care of something or when I try to have too much control over a situation. That can be easily dealt with.
Some of us use "fear and worry" interchangeably, maybe I should reevaluate that.

Good point!

Old 12-30-2020, 05:59 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,608,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Does Satan only attack Christians for some reason?

Your post came across as meaning that Satan is not the least interested in non Christians.
Satan isn't interested in me as I constantly don't care about an imaginary critter like it. Or any other imaginary superdupergodlike entities.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Would you attack someone who is doing what you want them to do for you?
Charlie, can you tell us how many human lives your god took in the bible?

And then tell us how many Satan did?

It might be a revelation to you who truly the evil one is. You know, killing babies, innocents and so on?

Old 12-30-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
The problem that unbelievers have with life is that they have no perception of the spiritual realm, only the physical.

You only perceive what's happening on this earth from the physical realm.

We Christians can see what's happening on this earth in the spiritual realm.

The scripture reads like this mornings newspaper, we can see that the scripture is continually fulfilling itself.

The warfare that's taking place in the spiritual realm is unfolding on earth.
Perhaps those who have taken ayahuasca apparently often relate a spiritual experience. They feel it's real. Maybe you should try it?

Old 12-30-2020, 06:08 PM

7,602 posts, read 4,179,147 times
Quote:
Some of us use "fear and worry" interchangeably, maybe I should reevaluate that.

Good point!
A book that helped me separate the two is called Protecting the Gift by Gavin DeBecker. He also wrote The Gift of Fear which is more popular than the other book. The first book was written for parents. The second book for females I think.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:08 PM

1,227 posts, read 636,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I have. As have millions of others. We don't need the whip of hell or the dangled carrot of heaven to lead good lives.
Exactly, you can be good without having a god to worship. Life is always easier when you cut out the middle man.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:09 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
That is evil thinking.
I see it more as extremely ignorant and self-righteous thinking, phet.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Perhaps those who have taken ayahuasca apparently often relate a spiritual experience. They feel it's real. Maybe you should try it?
Think I'll stick to what I know and has proven to be true.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I see it more as extremely ignorant and self-righteous thinking, phet.
That is not surprising from someone who denies what he plainly reads in scripture.

What you are denying couldn't be written any simpler.

But I see that you are of the cherry picking crowd, if it doesn't support their agenda, it's not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.