Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 08:23 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Answer me one thing Mystic. Why did Jesus Christ leave His abode in Heaven and become a man as we are on this earth?
What exactly necessitated that?
Simple. God is Spirit - read consciousness. Humans are supposed to produce consciousness compatible with God's consciousness. NONE of us were remotely close to doing it and we still are not. We were ALL "missing the mark" (sinning), so God sent us Jesus with a Human consciousness to do it for us. He was enormously successful by achieving agape love that is in PERFECT resonance (IDENTITY) with God and we all reap the benefits of His accomplishment because His human consciousness (Spirit) is part of our collective human consciousness and connects us ALL to God's consciousness (Holy Spirit). That is how He is the Way to God.

By His physical death and rebirth as pure Spirit (Holy Spirit), He now abides with us all within our consciousness as the Comforter in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." All we need to do is follow His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't to have His perfect agape love (Grace) as cover for our imperfections. We can expect to be reborn as Spirit upon our physical death, as Jesus was, and we will join God and Jesus (after any necessary refining out of the dross within our consciousness). Everything else in the religions is the invention of primitive human imagination and perversity driven by the desire for power and control over others, NOT what Jesus taught or advocated.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:26 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The babies who were the first born of Egypt were undermining the work of god? Babies? A heathen interpretation of life.
After all the plagues, and announcing through Moses that He would take the firstborn of Egypt, Pharaoh still refused to let Gods people go so they could worship God and fulfil their destiny.

Yes, that's exactly what Pharaoh was doing, undermining Gods work.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
After all the plagues, and announcing through Moses that He would take the firstborn of Egypt, Pharaoh still refused to let Gods people go so they could worship God and fulfil their destiny.

Who hardened the Pharaoh's heart?

Old 12-30-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Who hardened the Pharaoh's heart?
If you study the Hebrew word "hardened" you will discover that Pharaoh heart was already hardened.

He was determined and hardened. When the scripture says, and God hardened his heart" it means that God gave him over to his hardness by sealing it so.

In other words God gave Pharaoh over to his own wishes.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:38 PM

50,856 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
If you mistake me for Satan or his follower I can understand why your judgement leads you to be atheist.
I don't know. You keep talking about pain and suffering...you seem to enjoy it...as long as it's not you.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:39 PM

50,856 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:

God killed innocent babies.

I'd call that satanic.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I don't know. You keep talking about pain and suffering...you seem to enjoy it...as long as it's not you.
I don't enjoy it at all!

The Gospel is one of terrible suffering on a just man that didn't deserve it, but God made it so because He loved man that he had made so much.

It's a story of suffering but love wins the day.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:44 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
If you study the Hebrew word "hardened" you will discover that Pharaoh heart was already hardened.

He was determined and hardened. When the scripture says, and God hardened his heart" it means that God gave him over to his hardness by sealing it so.

In other words God gave Pharaoh over to his own wishes.
Wrong, that is not what is says at all. Nice try at justifying it though. Your god critter hardened the Pharaoh's heart according to the mythology you believe in. You can't explain it away.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
God killed innocent babies.

I'd call that satanic.
God knew that's what it would take to get His people out.

It was Pharaoh that caused the death of those babies.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Wrong, that is not what is says at all. Nice try at justifying it though. Your god critter hardened the Pharaoh's heart according to the mythology you believe in. You can't explain it away.
I'm afraid you're wrong sir, but have it your way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.