Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 10:14 AM

16,040 posts, read 6,412,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Your group may be a cult, but is it a destructive cult like Scientology? Serious question, and if you have no watched Leah Remini's "The Aftermath", you should.
It is. I love Leah Remini. I'm also into Steve Hassan. I was a kid in the group so it's hard for me to understand how this happens to people. I like to think it's because there is something wrong with them. It helps me humanize them as I realize how they were lured in.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:14 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,343,944 times
Quote:
No, those that make the assertion bear the burden of proof, and a negative can never be proven. Logic 101.

It appears you cannot back up your claims. As such, we cannot take further assertions with any seriousness.

You still are not answering this. Why????
What assertion has the atheist made? OK, prove it!

WE prove it by a life that has completely changed. As the scripture says, we have become a new man. it's evident in the Christians life and can't be denied. God has been given the praise.

What say ye 'o atheist?

Old 12-31-2020, 10:31 AM

10,798 posts, read 3,621,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

WE prove it by a life that has completely changed. As the scripture says, we have become a new man. it's evident in the Christians life and can't be denied. God has been given the praise.

What say ye 'o atheist?
You really don't understand that atheism is not a claim. All an atheist states is that they have no reason to believe in a god or gods as they have not seen any proof of those entities.

So, do you have any proof? The bible is the claim, what proof can you provide. My mind can be changed.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:32 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,652,736 times
Quote:

What say ye 'o atheist?
Lets stay on target here ... its more about your traits of god than the god belief itself to me. And in fact most atheist.

I raise my kid "perfectly" teaching them love, compassion, and duty to serve their fellow man. And my child does that through its life. (we know there is no perfect but lets just play). You raise you kid "perfectly" teaching them love, compassion, and duty to serve their fellow man. And your child does that through is life. (we know there is no perfect but lets just play)

The only difference is that you did it through the bible and I did it through the scientific method.

The other difference is that. to the L-word.

I say: so long as we are doing the best we can with what we have god doesn't care.
You say: so long as we are following christ we will be saved.

what one seems more reliable?

Old 12-31-2020, 10:37 AM

16,040 posts, read 6,412,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Lets stay on target here ... its more about your traits of god than the god belief itself to me. And in fact most atheist.

I raise my kid "perfectly" teaching them love, compassion, and duty to serve their fellow man. And my child does that through its life. (we know there is no perfect but lets just play). You raise you kid "perfectly" teaching them love, compassion, and duty to serve their fellow man. And your child does that through is life. (we know there is no perfect but lets just play)

The only difference is that you did it through the bible and I did it through the scientific method.

I say: so long as we are doing the best we can with what we have god doesn't care.

For many people, it's not about results. He is arguing the validity of his belief.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
For many people, it's not about results. He is arguing the validity of his belief.
Sorry, I should wrote, "can me and you stay on target."

Old 12-31-2020, 10:53 AM

7,641 posts, read 4,202,413 times
Quote:

I would say that as long as a god and its feelings are mentioned, they are both equally unreliable. We don't know unless we ask this god.

A few Christians, obviously not all, are painting their god in a bad light by claiming to know its intentions and how it intends to interact with humans. I think it indirectly illuminates how these believers structure their own lives with others- a sort-of "my way or the highway."

Old 12-31-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:

I commend you on the raising of your children, a noble endeavor worthy of praise!

I have explained the difference between us in these scenarios, if I take it to another level of explanation the bells and whistles will be going off that I am trying to convert you.

I wish I could take you there but that would be breaking the forum rules and I have no desire to do so.

If you review our conversation you will see that your scenario simply will not cut it with God.

In our conversation I have repeatedly shown you why God will not accept it.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I commend you on the raising of your children, a noble endeavor worthy of praise!

I have explained the difference between us in these scenarios, if I take it to another level of explanation the bells and whistles will be going off that I am trying to convert you.

I wish I could take you there but that would be breaking the forum rules and I have no desire to do so.

If you review our conversation you will see that your scenario simply will not cut it with God.

In our conversation I have repeatedly shown you why God will not accept it.
ok .... so thats the bottom line ...

ther eare all kind of god beliefs. some are more plausible than others.

arach's sort-a-god (as defined by some activist atheist): love, compassion, understanding and forgiveness seems like its more healthy in the end.

Chharlie: The focus on Love, compassion, understanding, and forgiveness ... scenario simply will not cut it with God.

so us in the middle see "deny everything" is the defining trait and these guys see "my deity only" as the trait

yeah, for the rational people in the middle ... we are surrounded.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
You really don't understand that atheism is not a claim. All an atheist states is that they have no reason to believe in a god or gods as they have not seen any proof of those entities.

So, do you have any proof? The bible is the claim, what proof can you provide. My mind can be changed.
LOL, your mind can be changed huuh! Do I look like bait for your hook. This is not Charlies first rodeo my man.

LOL, I don't (can't help it) LOL again, understand that atheism is not a claim.

When you......tell me......there is no God.....that.....is not.....a claim. LOLOL

You can do better than this, let's at least try, try I say, to stay in reality my man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism