Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 01:12 AM

15,881 posts, read 6,349,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, you can have love, mans love that's on today and off tomorrow.

There is another love known to man. A constant love that never fails.

This love is a gift, obtainable no other way.
...and yet I was healed.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:21 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,327,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
...and yet I was healed.
So you know about the love that heals a broken heart, drives out the fear, and creates a new man.

A man that can face the world with a smile knowing that he has peace in heart.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,767,902 times
Quote:
Yes, you can have love, mans love that's on today and off tomorrow.

There is another love known to man. A constant love that never fails.

This love is a gift, obtainable no other way.
I would point out that in A/A, although question and serious debate is welcomed, proselylisation is not. Proffering the snake oil of divine healing in exchange for our mental integrity and freedom to doubt and question, comes pretty close to proselytisation. Just pointing to the 'no hawkers or pedlars' sign.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:30 AM

Quote:
So you know about the love that heals a broken heart, drives out the fear, and creates a new man.

A man that can face the world with a smile knowing that he has peace in heart.
..and silences the accuser...I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I would point out that in A/A, although question and serious debate is welcomed, proselylisation is not. Proffering the snake oil of divine healing in exchange for our mental integrity and freedom to doubt and question, comes pretty close to proselytisation. Just pointing to the 'no hawkers or pedlars' sign.
technically I'm the one that went there.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:34 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,327,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Looks like no matter how hard I try not to, it will come across that way in some form.

You guys have safe-guarded yourselves pretty well. I'll go away!

Old 01-01-2021, 01:39 AM

Quote:
..and silences the accuser...I do.

technically I'm the one that went there.
Ok. Just pointing to the sign, even if the houseowner went out to see what was being sold.

The profferring of the perfect love and peace that passeth all understanding is the snake -oil that religions do proffer. And it sells well, because humung beans will love to have Final Answers to life's tough questions, Death being one of the toughest. Yet the atheist, skeptic and likeminded tools of Satan have always offered hard truths, not the more popular comfortable lies.

Old 01-01-2021, 01:40 AM

Dang you Trans. I was working on that flounce all night and you come swooping in at the last minute and take it from me by quoting the TOS.

Old 01-01-2021, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Dang you Trans. I was working on that flounce all night and you come swooping in at the last minute and take it from me by quoting the TOS.
Flouncing is not against ToS. But I much prefer to see the opponent have to do it. Would you accept a Win in place of a Flounce?

Old 01-01-2021, 02:13 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
Another thought I had on the advantage of Christians is that we easily accept Gods authority. It's not hard at all to submit to that authority.

On the other hand, I think this is a problem for the atheists. Not just God, authority in general.
Really? I have not seen this, nor does it describe me. I have no problem with authority, only abuse of authority.

Quote:
I have read many posts here and a common theme I've found is "well the Christian God demands it His way or the highway.
It IS what many of you believe.

Quote:
The rejection is very apparent.
Rejection? Perhaps it is my English, but I believe that is not the correct word. What exactly are we meant to be rejecting?

Old 01-01-2021, 02:18 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,007,458 times
Quote:
I'd rather go threw life with a master who created me and knows best for me, that to blindly stumble about not knowing who and what I really am.
I know who and what I am. What you believe you are is that you are someone special. I know we are not. The universe really does not care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism