Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 04:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Certainly our actions have consequences. Some events, though, are not caused by our actions. For example, those born in third world countries who struggle constantly just to have adequate food and water, and sometimes die for lack thereof. Or a wildfire raging through our town. Or a drunk driver veering into our lane of traffic. Or little children with cancer.
There are pseudo-sages who will tell you those situations were chosen by the souls before birth in order to learn certain lessons.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:03 PM

16,768 posts, read 15,834,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
listen trans, you know and I know you are here to stop religion in the united states. You said it to me and you have said as much. so just be honest about it when its pointed out.

I don't disagree totally with it but activism should be in another forum or subsection. It should not be deciding sliding scales of plausibility and relevance of science based god claims in just this forum. Thats all.

the no-god of-gaps is closing equally as fast. because its something, not nothing. Denying everything is just falling away piece by piece.
Since Transponder lives in Wales, he probably has less influence than I do toward changing the US Constitution, and my influence is practically nil. Why do you keep bringing that up?

Old 01-01-2021, 05:06 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,682,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There are pseudo-sages who will tell you those situations were chosen by the souls before birth in order to learn certain lessons.
And if they have proof, I will consider their claim.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times
Quote:
And if they have proof, I will consider their claim.
Uh-huh. Me too.

Even convincing evidence would probably tilt my scale.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:02 PM

64,121 posts, read 40,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Since Transponder lives in Wales, he probably has less influence than I do toward changing the US Constitution, and my influence is practically nil. Why do you keep bringing that up?
To undercut his pretense that he is just objectively presenting the truth about our Reality based on existing evidence. He is NOT! He and his atheist pals actually believe they have the unadulterated, unvarnished and ONLY Truth abut our Reality until proven otherwise, which is as preposterous as the fundamentalists' belief in the infallibility of their divine revelations recorded by men.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:08 PM

16,768 posts, read 15,834,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
To undercut his pretense that he is just objectively presenting the truth about our Reality based on existing evidence. He is NOT! He and his atheist pals actually believe they have the unadulterated, unvarnished and ONLY Truth abut our Reality until proven otherwise, which is as preposterous as the fundamentalists' belief in the infallibility of their divine revelations recorded by men.
What in the world does that have to do with Arach's claim that Trans is trying to eliminate religion in America?

Old 01-01-2021, 08:14 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,350,438 times
Quote:
Even if your master is nothing more than a delusion?
Petunia, I have noticed that you have attacked at least a dozen of my posts in this thread, and that's ok I'm used to that.

You seem very disturbed over the things concerning God. I just thought that maybe there is something that could be explained from Gods perspective that may help you understand whatever it is that is really troubling you.

Old 01-01-2021, 08:20 PM

64,121 posts, read 40,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What in the world does that have to do with Arach's claim that Trans is trying to eliminate religion in America?
You really don't see the relevance of undercutting his pretended objectivity by revealing his actual motives????

Old 01-01-2021, 08:23 PM

16,123 posts, read 6,453,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You really don't see the relevance of undercutting his pretended objectivity by revealing his actual motives????
Are going to play "what's the motive"? I actually see Trans as one of the few people on this board willing to discuss belief using nothing but logic.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:17 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,682,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Petunia, I have noticed that you have attacked at least a dozen of my posts in this thread, and that's ok I'm used to that.

You seem very disturbed over the things concerning God. I just thought that maybe there is something that could be explained from Gods perspective that may help you understand whatever it is that is really troubling you.
None of this has anything to do with my question. Is there a reason you are uncomfortable answering?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism