Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is atheism to you?
My atheism is simply a lack of belief in God 39 84.78%
My atheism is more than simply a lack of belief in God. 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2022, 10:51 AM

88,525 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I been wanting to see The Book of Mormon for years. I haven't seen it but its on my bucket list.
I saw it at the JFK Center down in DC. A friend got tickets. It was hard to get them in NYC at the time.

Old 06-01-2022, 04:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Mty experience is that funniest ones have some truth to them. That's why its funny. I also found that the ones that get really insulted fit that half and can't deal with being told that they may be wrong.

When I listen jokes to about me and my type, I laugh my go's go's off. Then I think to meself, maybe meself should try harder. If religion-ist are offended, whatever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2022, 03:22 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
My atheism is a lack of belief in gods, not God.

All of 'em. Vishnu, Odin, Hachiman, Apollo, etc, etc, etc.

Old 06-15-2022, 03:57 PM

19,973 posts, read 13,459,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post

For most any given theist, it is just not believing in one more god than they lack belief in.

Old 06-15-2022, 04:06 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,015,660 times
Quote:

Why do you believe all these gods exist? There is only one, it goes by different names. You only need to believe in one so you can disbelieve it.

Old 06-15-2022, 05:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,571,363 times
Quote:

it depends on the traits we give god. Some atheist will limit the discussion to only one type and will not address anything else on sites.

Luckily, out in the real world, its quite different.

Old 06-15-2022, 06:27 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Why do you believe all these gods exist? There is only one, it goes by different names. You only need to believe in one so you can disbelieve it.
Not everyone shares your opinions about God's or everything else.

The Greeks,Romans, Norse and many others had multiple God's and goddess. Not all that believe in a God agrees that all God's are the same one.

It might surprise you but you do not have the final verdict on God's or atheist. You just have opinions you think must be the truth for all.

And your statement that you need to believe in one God to disbelieve it shows how narrow minded your thinking is. Your opinions are not facts .

Old 06-15-2022, 06:35 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
it depends on the traits we give god. Some atheist will limit the discussion to only one type and will not address anything else on sites.

Luckily, out in the real world, its quite different.
If any word can mean anything it is a waste to even discuss a topic.

So first what do you mean when you say God, traits, real or World? If we use different definitions for those words it cannot be discussed. Even verbs like addressed or limit can be used in such different meanings as to end a discussion.

I know you think your role is to attack atheist that are not exactly like yourself who has in appears a very narrow idea of what debate,discussion or thoughts are

Old 06-16-2022, 04:23 AM

16,768 posts, read 4,974,055 times
Quote:
Why do you believe all these gods exist?
No, the point is they believe all these gods do NOT exist. That is what atheism is. It is other people who believe in all the different gods.

Quote:
There is only one, it goes by different names. You only need to believe in one so you can disbelieve it.
It amuses me how people can be so arrogant to make the claim that all other religions are wrong, but they are some how tuned in to the one true god, which just happens to be yours, which you know to be the truth because you are somehow special.

Your argument is no different than Christians saying the human knowledge of their god is written on our hearts, and that it is you that is lost.

Old 06-16-2022, 08:27 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,373,324 times
Quote:
Huh? *I* don't believe any of them exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism