Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM

242 posts, read 193,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
That is simply not true, i know of people that were gay and are no longer, and they no longer desire the same sex. It is not as rare as the normalizer's would have you believe.

I believe some are born with a greater degree of the challenge, and that life experiences can trigger gay actions which make it difficult to overcome after they have acted on them, mainly due to the shame feeling when thought of as wrong.

godspeed,

freedom
By your logic, if religion and a religiously indoctrinated majority society decided that being straight was wrong and continually reinforced that message, using conversion therapy and the power of the "divine," you could turn gay.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:49 PM

229 posts, read 1,180,431 times
Quote:
That is simply not true, i know of people that were gay and are no longer, and they no longer desire the same sex. It is not as rare as the normalizer's would have you believe.

I believe some are born with a greater degree of the challenge, and that life experiences can trigger gay actions which make it difficult to overcome after they have acted on them, mainly due to the shame feeling when thought of as wrong.

godspeed,

freedom
Those people are probably bisexuals and not homosexuals.

"The challenge"! This is hilarious.

What are these life experiences? Have you had them before? Please share them with us!

You seem to know of this shame, so you must have first hand experience. If you do it certainly adds credibility to your argument. If you don't, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:49 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,709,841 times
Quote:

godspeed,

freedom

Nope. They're either lying or they were just "dabbling" in the lifestyle to try it out (think Larry Craig, Little Richard and Ted Haggard). Could you become gay if it were "the norm" and denounce loving your wife/husband (don't know your gender) without lying? no, of course not.

Old 06-29-2008, 11:46 PM

243 posts, read 86,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmacf1 View Post
I fully support gay marriage and gay rights. Since I believe being gay is not a choice, we should all support the right for gays to marry just like heterosexuals can and have all the rights that others are afforded. I'm horrified by how bigoted and homophobic so many people are, and I am so glad I was not brought up that way. I may have grown up in an atheist household (which to many fundamental religious people would mean I was raised in an immoral situation,) but I was imbued with strong morals on how we should treat other people.
I agree with you.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:17 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,230,339 times
Originally Posted by ShepsMom
Quote:
Tricky, this is precisely my question, is it a choice?
Let me rephrase my question: Is it your choice to be born male of female?

Old 06-30-2008, 07:11 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by ShepsMom Let me rephrase my question: Is it your choice to be born male of female?
You are twisting my question, but that's ok, i've already got an answer.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
You are twisting my question, but that's ok, i've already got an answer.
I am not twisting anything.
You are just looking for an excuse for not having to answer my question.
I don't mind tho.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,169,572 times
I asked you first, but you answered with the same question. I think you're getting confused.....

Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I asked you first, but you answered with the same question. I think you're getting confused.....
My question was rhetorical.
I already know that people are just born gay, straight or bi.

BTW your gender (being male or female) is not the same as your sexual preference (being gay, straight or bi).

Old 06-30-2008, 01:02 PM

133 posts, read 290,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
ShanesG wrote:

I don't think you need to be concerned about that. Have you checked the world population figures recently? People are multiplying like jackrabbits and the US is now over 300 million. The small percentage of gays and lesbians are not causing any harm because they're not reproducing, we have plenty of heterosexuals who take the phase "go forth and multiply" to heart.
I think you missed the point. I was theoreticlly speaking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism