Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 04:42 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozart271 View Post

Why would that pose a real threat to either of the candidates' campaign?

...even dumber people who would vote for a nonentity in the most important presidential election in history is not worth worrying about.

Better watch out, Mozart.

June's coming up from behind.

"Sponsored by the Committee to Elect June and her Geese '08."

"I'm June, and I support this message."

Old 10-10-2008, 05:32 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann in oriental View Post
i am very very much afraid that if the gop wins this election sarah palen will try to inflict her assembly of god thinking on the rest of the country. I think she's very dangerous and i wondered if anyone else feels that way too. We surely do not share her religious beliefs and i wonder if she will try to cause problems for those of us who do not, like she tried to do with the librarian who would not remove some books.
better her god...than allah !!!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:29 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,068,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Better watch out, Mozart.

June's coming up from behind.

"Sponsored by the Committee to Elect June and her Geese '08."

"I'm June, and I support this message."
June and her Geese you've stated over and over again on the campaign trail that you are looking to "shake" things up in Washington. What exactly do you mean? Are you speaking literally or figuratively?

Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post

June and her Geese you've stated over and over again on the campaign trail that you are looking to "shake" things up in Washington. What exactly do you mean? Are you speaking literally or figuratively?

June is speaking both literally AND figuratively. June realizes that many of you think that June's goose fascination is merely a "figurative" term of speech. However, June's hope is that what June can't accomplish in Washington by way of closing the gap as regards the polarities that exist between us, that the geese can accomplish.

--No one likes waking up to incessant honking, but be that as it may, it does tend to illicit a certain type of spirit in the souls of mankind. It is June's hope, along with the geese, that in time, we can change our focus from that which divides us to that which we do hold in common, which thereby has the power to unite us.

"Sponsored by the Committee to Elect June 7th and her Geese, '08"

"I'm June 7th and I support this message."

Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
--No one likes waking up to incessant honking, but be that as it may, it does tend to illicit a certain type of spirit in the souls of mankind.
Ms June would you care to elaborate on why we should continue to hear the incessant honking from your geese from the lawn of the White House if elected? Please explain the difference we can expect from the incessant hawki..er,excuse me.. honking we have heard in the past from inside the White House? Is it perhaps because your geese are smarter than the Goose who resides there now?

Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
better her god...than allah !!!
Better no god thing at all.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post

Ms June would you care to elaborate on why we should continue to hear the incessant honking from your geese from the lawn of the White House if elected? Please explain the difference we can expect from the incessant hawki..er,excuse me.. honking we have heard in the past from inside the White House? Is it perhaps because your geese are smarter than the Goose who resides there now?
Incessant honking from my geese would only prove necessary if the overall message wasn't being received. Generally speaking, the honking takes place at a distance, of sorts, but what it illicits in the human heart is very near and ever present. As such, June for that very reason tends to take the more "gentle" approach to these matters, as what is usually being conveyed is already present, but not necessarily known. One needs to wake up the hearts of mankind, and capture their imaginations. Geese do that far more effectively, June feels, than hawks. --Which sadly, is what we currently have in the White House.

"Sponsored by the The Committee to Elect June 7th and her Geese, '08"

"I'm June 7th, and I approve this message."

Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

No "god thing" in June's campaign. Only goose things.

"Sponsored by the The Committee to Elect June 7th and her Geese, '08"

"I'm June 7th and I approve this messsage."

Old 10-10-2008, 08:37 AM

1,229 posts, read 2,911,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
there are no atheiests in fox holes !

Last edited by happycamper5; 10-10-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 09:46 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times
Default Dying for Jesus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
there are no atheiests in fox holes !
(Note: I never criticize one's private spirituality or beliefs, just those who would force their ideas on the rest of us. Hence the thread topic: just what influence might Ms. Palin have on future governmental edicts in this country? It's potentially frightening.)

Wow! There it is again (see quote above about aetheists in foxholes)! Actually, if this were true, which it surely ain't, it would just be another example of the true rationale for organized religion, specifically, to frighten otherwise thoughtful people. The tired old "Fire insurance", "What if you're wrong?", "Better to sit in heaven than burn in hell!" crud-ola permeates Last Minute Conversionists ("LMCs"! A new Religious Order! Gosh... it was so easy! Maybe I can get folks to send in money to support my new ministry?).

If survivors of foxhole conversionism were truly permanently converted, every survivor from such meaningful adventures as the Battle of the Bulge, both German and American, would, ergo, all be Christian. But of course they're not. Duhhh.

I recently read the biography of a WWII USAAF bomber crew tailgunner who, along with 3 others in his crew, fervently prayed before each of their flights over enemy territory. Of course, predictably, their plane was pretty much sawed in half by cannon shells from an ME109, and they plummetted into terra firma, rather conclusively. The author managed to escape and parachute into the waiting arms of some rather cruel German soldiers, but the entire rest of the crew perished. Pretty much identical survival statistics under any and all dangerous endeavours for praying believers, atheists, Muslims, Buddists, etc. etc. Doesn't EVER change anything for any of them. But, again, one is entitled to their own personal spirituality especially if it makes them comfortable. Hence the prayers of a suicide bomber just before he blows up a few dozen Christian believers.

I suppose you could categorize most of these sorts of fear-mongering lies as "Prophesies of Convenience" What a sad commentary on the ability of many people to face up to the truth...

See you on the other side!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism