Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 10:15 AM

783 posts, read 1,327,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
No need to redefine it. That is unless you are saying that all christians are jesus christ and could not possibly act in any way but his.

Now we both know that such is not the case. Hence my statement stands and you would be foolish to continue to argue it.

BTW, please provide reference to where this jesus specifically set forth the definition of a fool. Or is it added after the fact.
Indeed, Christ Jesus does clearly define a fool and it is recorded in Scripture. However in your prior statement you said; “Hence my statement stands and you would be foolish to continue to argue it.” Therefore I’m confused by your mixed message. Do you actually want to know or have you incorrectly determined that Christ did not define it so that your worldview is not shaken by truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 10:24 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,675,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt & Light View Post
Indeed, Christ Jesus does clearly define a fool and it is recorded in Scripture. However in your prior statement you said; “Hence my statement stands and you would be foolish to continue to argue it.” Therefore I’m confused by your mixed message. Do you actually want to know or have you incorrectly determined that Christ did not define it so that your worldview is not shaken by truth?
How can our worldview be shaken by this "truth" you claim, when it is not the truth, just a belief?

Old 08-01-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How can our worldview be shaken by this "truth" you claim, when it is not the truth, just a belief?
The truth is that Christ Jesus did define a fool so that all have the opportunity to understand and identify a fool. You have incorrectly implied that He did not. Some have chosen to disregard the greatest teacher of all time – Christ Jesus – because He contradicts their chosen belief system – worldview.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
The truth is that Christ Jesus did define a fool so that all have the opportunity to understand and identify a fool. You have incorrectly implied that He did not. Some have chosen to disregard the greatest teacher of all time – Christ Jesus – because He contradicts their chosen belief system – worldview.
Again, belief not truth...aka Jesus

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Again, belief not truth...aka Jesus
Okay, prove to us that Jesus did not define a fool.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM

33,561 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Your "worldview" is chosen, but mine is not...You choose to accept legends and myths, but I accept the real world I see around me. It is not a choice, it just is.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Okay, prove to us that Jesus did not define a fool.
Prove to me the Bible is truth....

Old 08-01-2009, 11:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
Here is a hint to you: your christ cannot shake my worldview for the very simple reason he did not exist. At least not as you conceive of him. The only fools he defines are the ones like you who claim to know what he is saying and meant 2000 years later.

At least you admit that you are confused. You just refuse to admit the truth of what you are confused about.

Old 08-01-2009, 11:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,560,540 times
Quote:
BTW, you failed, or never attempted, to provide a link to your alleged citation of this definition. Would that be you disregarding the lessons taught you concerning the truth?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your "worldview" is chosen, but mine is not...You choose to accept legends and myths, but I accept the real world I see around me. It is not a choice, it just is.
How can anyone have an intelligent discussion with someone who doesn’t understand the word choice and that all people make choices that define there worldview? If; "it is not a choice, it just is", as you assert it would be applicable to literally all people and therefore easily provable. Please do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Atheism and Agnosticism