Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 06:25 AM

513 posts, read 1,634,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil View Post
The Atl Zoo is not worth it unless you like Gorillas.
Wow, I totally disagree with this. Unless you mean it's too expensive? I think the zoo is fine here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 07:01 AM

563 posts, read 2,776,659 times
A great resource to find kid-friendly things to do: Atlanta Parent Online
Hope this helps!

Old 07-09-2007, 07:15 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,853,825 times
these are all great!! Thanks to everyone.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:36 PM
fil

364 posts, read 1,629,268 times
The ATL zoo is depressing to me.

I wanted to free the animals last time I was there, it seemed so dingy compared to other zoos that I've been to.

The gorilla area seemed like the only updated and clean area.

I particularly found the Giraffe and Rhino areas appalling.

My $.02

To add, Six Flags is great.
Besides White Water Park, there also is a great Water Park up in Lake Lanier. They also rent out boats and jet skis (a little too advanced for a 9 yr old).

Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,304,993 times
I have been looking around for some info on Six Flags. It appears that there are not many rides for a 5 year old? It will be her birthday and I don't want her to watch everyone else having fun while she only gets on a carousel or something similar.
The site says that American Adventures are for smaller children, so I will take her there. But what about the water park? Are there a number of rides for a small child?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:09 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,534,359 times
We went to Six Flags whitewater over the 4th of July and attached to it is a kiddie park with rides just right for a five year old. Also the water park has a section for younger kids, a sort of water playground. My kids (5 and 7) are good swimmers and could do some of the smaller water slides easily.

Of course the food and snacks at the park are outrageously priced....$4 for a hot pretzel!

Old 08-03-2007, 06:01 AM

167 posts, read 770,607 times
There is also a Medieval Times in Lawrenceville, northeast of Atlanta in Gwinnett County. It's located at Discover Mills mall which was voted the Best of Atlants malls for entertainment (rock climbing, bungy trampoline and more).

Old 08-03-2007, 08:41 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,916,461 times
You can check out Calloway Gardens, beautiful lake area with a beach and huge gardens onsite which is perfect for children and people of all age. You can rent cabins for the weekend there as well. You can take a lok at Teddy Roosevelt' home in the area as well. Only about 1hr from Atlanta.

In Macon (1hr drive from Atlanta) they have the Native American exhibit grounds right off the chattahochee river whee you can look at the sacred Native American Mounds(homes where they lived) & a museum on-site where their civilization thrived freely until European settlers arrived. Nice area along the river to have a picnic as well. Plenty of stuff to do in Macon as well. Two great ideas for a road trip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta