Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 PM

200 posts, read 814,727 times

Advertisements

Do many young professionals live in the buildings that line Peachtree Street such as the "Buckhead Grand"? Are there a lot of hang out spots such as bars for young people in Buckhead? Is Buckhead only for people who are in their thirties and over? I am considering about moving to Buckhead when I move to Atlanta, any help is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM

34 posts, read 90,375 times
Do you have a job? Do you have a plan?

Old 01-07-2011, 08:44 PM

200 posts, read 814,727 times
I work in the medical field and plan to live somewhere around Buckhead, it is private information. I am moving to Atlanta to meet other young professionals since Atlanta is known to be home to many. I would like to know about the night life in Buckhead

Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,533,476 times
Buckhead isn't really the spot anymore. I'm scratching my head trying to think of a popular spot up there and I can't really think of anything. Maybe they all go to Buckhead Church now or something? Yuppies have migrated down into the Virginia Highland area on into Midtown around Piedmont Park.

You can meet young professionals in any decent sized city. Atlanta isn't special in that department.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 AM

625 posts, read 1,149,711 times
That's big city life. Bunch of flashy liberals who don't work for a living... All the Republicans and smart people live WAAAYYY out of the suburbs where everyone is clammering to succeed from Atlanta/Fulton... Plenty of jews in-town if your into that though

Old 01-08-2011, 04:00 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,108,754 times
Don't listen to the haters. I am in my early 20s and I love going out in Buckhead. Lots of fun bars--Five Paces, Churchill's, Stout, East Andrews, Kramer's, Red Door, Pool Hall, The Ivy, etc. The Gramercy is a popular place to live since it's walking distance to the bars. Lots of single ladies ready to mingle. Buckhead Grand and all the other condo towers along Peachtree Road are filled with young professionals. If you're young, single, professional, and a "yuppie" (what does that term even mean anymore--not a hipster??), then Buckhead is where you want to be.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 AM

562 posts, read 1,791,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Don't listen to the haters. I am in my early 20s and I love going out in Buckhead. Lots of fun bars--Five Paces, Churchill's, Stout, East Andrews, Kramer's, Red Door, Pool Hall, The Ivy, etc. The Gramercy is a popular place to live since it's walking distance to the bars. Lots of single ladies ready to mingle. Buckhead Grand and all the other condo towers along Peachtree Road are filled with young professionals. If you're young, single, professional, and a "yuppie" (what does that term even mean anymore--not a hipster??), then Buckhead is where you want to be.
Agree, these other guys dont know what they are talking about. Most of my friends are between the ages of 25-31 and 95% of them live in buckhead. In addition to the above mentioned bars which I frequent quite a bit (even though I live in midtown), I would add- Bottle Bar, Havana Club, Tongue and Groove, Fado, and the list goes on.

Old 01-08-2011, 06:27 AM

749 posts, read 887,441 times
I would have to agree with the two posters above me, I'm young single and im my early 20's and just moved to Buckhead. Not a day goes by where I regret that decision. I have seen plenty of yuppies at the bars I have been to.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,539,444 times
I am old (35), married and with kid now, but when my old wingmen and I reunite at the new Fado's every once in a while, I can say the crowd is still really good and tons of young professionals. Been to East Andrews a couple of times and still seems pretty popular also. I think tearing down the "old Buckhead" was the smartest move the area ever made...it had become amateur night on weekends and you couldn't walk down the main area behing the old Lu Lu's without seeing a fight or having someone bow up on you. The whole scene is really a lot more polished and higher end now, in my opinion.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Yuppies no longer includes people in their 30s? I guess it's all relative but our kids are in their 30s and 40s and they seem really young to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: