Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 12:44 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,170 times

Advertisements

I moved to Midtown back in December but haven't gone out much in the area. I can't say I'm a big fan of meeting women at bars but I was wondering if anyone knows of the best spots to go to to meet nice, educated, attractive women. I'm talking in regards to bars/lounges, not venues like Piedmont Park. A friend of mine told me how down to earth the women are in Atlanta which I've found to be false so far but I figured I'd be proactive since I'm going out with a friend tonight and would love to meet some single young ladies who have their s**t together. Any thoughts on good places to go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 12:54 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I moved to Midtown back in December but haven't gone out much in the area. I can't say I'm a big fan of meeting women at bars but I was wondering if anyone knows of the best spots to go to to meet nice, educated, attractive women. I'm talking in regards to bars/lounges, not venues like Piedmont Park. A friend of mine told me how down to earth the women are in Atlanta which I've found to be false so far but I figured I'd be proactive since I'm going out with a friend tonight and would love to meet some single young ladies who have their s**t together. Any thoughts on good places to go?
lol--Good luck with that.

Here's a list--I have no current fyi on what is going on but--pick one that sounds good and give it a go. You can always leave and try another one--that is how we did it 'back in the day'.
Nightlife in Midtown Atlanta

How about Twisted Taco?
http://twistedtaco.com/

or
http://www.rira.com/rira/atlanta.html (broken link)

http://www.charlie-gs.com/nhp/index.html (broken link)

http://www.midtowntavern.net/

http://www.clubzone.com/c4/Midtown/Bars.html

Last edited by TakeAhike; 03-26-2011 at 01:27 PM..

Old 03-26-2011, 01:44 PM

663 posts, read 1,863,398 times
Women who have their sh*t together? LOLOLOL ... That's a good one, I've got to use that in the future ..... I have yet to meet one of those actually. And you hope to meet some in one night? Good luck with that. You can certainly meet some, but be prepared for the run around .... most are there with their blocker (male companion) or with three other women just there trying to walk around in high heels while drunk and to be seen and sized up. I've actually had much better luck when not hunting on a Saturday night. But you could probably have a better time overall (don't focus on women exclusively) than in Worcester. Btw, I think you can still buy tickets for the GA Lottery I've been to a lot of clubs/bars but its all the same scene honestly ... I can't suggest anything.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone View Post
Women who have their sh*t together? LOLOLOL ... That's a good one, I've got to use that in the future ..... I have yet to meet one of those actually. And you hope to meet some in one night? Good luck with that. You can certainly meet some, but be prepared for the run around .... most are there with their blocker (male companion) or with three other women just there trying to walk around in high heels while drunk and to be seen and sized up. I've actually had much better luck when not hunting on a Saturday night. But you could probably have a better time overall (don't focus on women exclusively) than in Worcester. Btw, I think you can still buy tickets for the GA Lottery I've been to a lot of clubs/bars but its all the same scene honestly ... I can't suggest anything.
A true story. A few decades ago my friend's sister/who had her S together met her DH at a bar somewhere near the airport. Close to 50 years of marriage now. It can happen. Both parties need to have said 'S' together.

Plenty of discussion on this topic in the Relationships forum if the OP desires 'tips'.

It always seemed to me that the hunting was better at Happy Hours--Hump Day or TGIF. That was once a prime place to meet--TGIF on Roswell Road--a million years ago. lol

Old 03-26-2011, 01:54 PM

969 posts, read 1,958,659 times
If you're not into meeting people at bars, a great way to meet people is the GoKickball league - you can join the one at Piedmont Park.

https://www.gokickball.com/atlanta/

To me, it always seems like people who meet at bars just hook up. If you want to develop a relationship with someone, I'd recommend getting involved in something like the kickball league or some type of local organization that you have an interest in. You never know who you might meet... even if you don't meet a girl, you could make friends that introduce you to a girl, etc.

Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,388,755 times
Try going to the High Museum when they have their Jazz Fridays. It always draws a large crowd.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:16 AM

324 posts, read 877,054 times
Bars and Clubs won't get you anywhere, women in this city are NOT friendly, approachable or kind (even if their into you).

You've got to join events or meet women during the day doing regular stuff. Their guard is down and they interact and conversate like regular human beings. High museum is OK...the women will conversate but they are flaky and high on a pedestal.

read my thread to get a heads up on what your going to be dealing with in this city.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-like-atl.html

Old 03-27-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Bars and Clubs won't get you anywhere, women in this city are NOT friendly, approachable or kind (even if their into you).

You've got to join events or meet women during the day doing regular stuff. Their guard is down and they interact and conversate like regular human beings. High museum is OK...the women will conversate but they are flaky and high on a pedestal.

read my thread to get a heads up on what your going to be dealing with in this city.

//www.city-data.com/forum/atlan...-like-atl.html
lol--As a single woman who lives in Atlanta, I take exception to that.

Of course you would never be able to meet me in a bar--you might be able to meet me at the dog park or 'just walking around'. Very friendly, sweet, funny, kind and a lot more. lol

Get a dog and frequent dog parks if you want to meet the best women in Atlanta--that would be my advice.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,626,170 times
This city seems to be tough to meet nice women.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:49 AM

663 posts, read 1,863,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
This city seems to be tough to meet nice women.
It's not just this city lol ..... also meeting is one thing and keeping is another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta