Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:09 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,256,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martaman2011 View Post
The key is to know when to use them and to mix use them. If you know where one turns into a parking lot you can usually hop on the other.
It's not that simple because there aren't enough shortcuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 05:13 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,256,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
yeah, I have noticed a lot of overreaction and misquotations in this thread. You make a simple comment and either you are boosting Houston or slinging mud at ATL no middle ground in here I guess
Some people don't like to hear or read anything from a critical viewpoint. But critical thinking is what makes reasoning more interesting in my opinion. It's hard to say nice fluffy things when that is not reality. Just because I live in ATL (metro) doesn't mean that everything is superb. But I love the state of GA for it's scenery and feel which is totally subjective. I absolutely won't defend negativity about the city and it's surroundings unless the allegations are false. Some people just prefer fluff I guess.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:05 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,628,204 times
Both are great cities and are developing in more progressive ways then negative ones. I think in overrall progressive strides I feel Houston is doing a little better then Atlanta because the economy in Texas is doing better then GA. However it was somethings in the early 90's that took ATL to the progressive stage it's at today where I felt like Houston could have learn some things from like the Marta far better then the Metro. I like Houston's skyline and other skylines better then Atlanta however Atlanta has more standout scrapers even tho they don't have as much scrapers as Houston the few they do really make it standout. I wish Houston would have more diversity with there scrapers. But that alone wouldn't make someone move to a city i'm just kinda rambling.

It all depends on what you like. I'd say sunbelt cities like Houston,Dallas,Atlanta are pretty similar. All have there pros and cons. All are different but very similar. all 3 get compared to each other. You have to be specific when speaking on these 2.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlionjr View Post
Both are great cities and are developing in more progressive ways then negative ones. I think in overrall progressive strides I feel Houston is doing a little better then Atlanta because the economy in Texas is doing better then GA. However it was somethings in the early 90's that took ATL to the progressive stage it's at today where I felt like Houston could have learn some things from like the Marta far better then the Metro. I like Houston's skyline and other skylines better then Atlanta however Atlanta has more standout scrapers even tho they don't have as much scrapers as Houston the few they do really make it standout. I wish Houston would have more diversity with there scrapers. But that alone wouldn't make someone move to a city i'm just kinda rambling.

It all depends on what you like. I'd say sunbelt cities like Houston,Dallas,Atlanta are pretty similar. All have there pros and cons. All are different but very similar. all 3 get compared to each other. You have to be specific when speaking on these 2.
Actually Houston has quite a few different skyscrapers from different eras, you may see the supertalls and those may stick in your head, but there are many other different types. I need to take you on a tour sometime. In The meantime here are a few:

http://blogs.chron.com/bayoucityhistory/IMG_0522a.jpg (broken link)

all of these are downtown.

We do have exceedingly varied architecture here

Old 04-25-2011, 08:53 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,851,305 times
Still not as much as Atlanta, though.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:59 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,967,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Still not as much as Atlanta, though.
never claimed it did, nor did I make a comparison. Just pointing out that there is diversity in the skyline that is not often highlighted

Old 04-26-2011, 04:39 PM

73 posts, read 154,840 times

The Enron buildings. Regardless of what they call it I will always see them as the Enron buildings.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:03 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,790,009 times
I like the glassy look amongst the non-glassy buildings.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:20 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,552,423 times
Houston is better. Go.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:48 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,816,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup138 View Post
It's not that simple because there aren't enough shortcuts.
Shortcuts aren't normally widely known or advertised...that's what makes them shortcuts. I would bet that there are tons of them you don't know about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta