Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 09:35 PM

123 posts, read 380,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Sis View Post
Bitter much?

Who the heck are you to tell someone that nobody non-black will be into her?
Oh no, never bitter. I have a man. It's the truth though, black women in interracial relationships are very rare. In fact,everyone knows that most interacial relationships, well mainly white and african american always have a black man, and a white woman. The other way around is very rare. Furthermore, its my freaking opinion, you don't have to like it. That's who the heck I am. Thread starter probably bashes black men all the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM

15 posts, read 34,938 times
I am currently in a relationship with a white guy and am loving it. I was raised in the 'burbs and am pretty culturally diverse so I've dated outside my race a bit. In fact, my first boyfriend in the 6th grade was white!

Anyways, I'll have to admit that I did worry in the beginning about what people would think, but then I just stopped caring because I was happy and he was happy and thats all that mattered. Now when we go out I couldn't even tell you if people were looking or talking about us because I'm more concerned about focusing on my time with my man.

**Btw, he pursued me. And I'd venture to say there's a hefty percentage of white males who are into black females. Whether they openly admit it or not is another thing.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:28 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sar2cas0tic View Post
**Btw, he pursued me. And I'd venture to say there's a hefty percentage of white males who are into black females. Whether they openly admit it or not is another thing.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM

3 posts, read 7,923 times
This shall be my first post, it sparked my interest enough to register. Whatsup!

First of all..Im a white male (Italian to be exact) and have been living in Atlanta for a little over a year. Im born and raised in Philly though. My fiance is African American...we migrated down here from Philly (she's originally from Alabama). I'll say I was the one who pursued her...she always admits she would have never thought she would settle down with a white guy, but she was always open minded, not like "oh I would never date a white guy!". So it's not like I had to convince her or anything...we were dating, and, wah la, 3 years later we're engaged to be married.

Now her being from Alabama...she was kind of amazed at the vibe up north in Philly. Noone stared, noone cared. She told me it wasn't like this down south...I visited her family in Alabama and they all liked me...we went around though (in Dothan and then Birmingham) and people were definitely staring. One cashier at a Wal Mart (who wasn't even the one checking us out...a black woman) we were shopping at was staring VERY hard. She definitely wasn't expecting an up north accent when I said "Hey, what the f#<k are you looking at?" (cause I'll admit...growing up in Philly, I have that Philly attitude stuck with me for life). She explained to me it was like this down here and I can't just fly off the handle like that. So we both got jobs in Atlanta and moved down here...this being a big city, we don't get TOO many stares, but we do get them, from whites and blacks. More in the surrounding towns (we're actually moving to Lawrenceville this Saturday but everyone seems cool there).

To make a long story short...the stares will be there, but it doesnt bother us, and it shouldnt bother anyone else involved in an interracial relationship. As long as they keep it at just stares...I'd really hate to have someone come out of their mouth sideways and try to disrespect me in public, in front of the woman I love at that. I'd really hate to have to let that authentic South Philly Italiano come out of me and have to wire someones jaw and have them eating soft foods through a straw for a couple of months for them for being an idiot. I'd rather not have my fiance see that side of me but ignorant people really **** me off, especially when it comes to race related subjects.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.MJ View Post
It's the truth though, black women in interracial relationships are very rare.
Are you aware that there are tons and tons of chatrooms, dating sites, etc...with titles like EbonyF4IvoryM, etc.

It's more common than you think...maybe not down here, but being well travelled, I've seen plenty of it all over the country.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 PM

123 posts, read 380,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiMidio View Post
Are you aware that there are tons and tons of chatrooms, dating sites, etc...with titles like EbonyF4IvoryM, etc.

It's more common than you think...maybe not down here, but being well travelled, I've seen plenty of it all over the country.
Cool. I am an atlanta native so this is all I know really so I am just going by what I have seen here.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Cool. I am an atlanta native so this is all I know really so I am just going by what I have seen here.
Fair enough...after all the title of the thread is Interracial dating for a black woman in "ATL"

Old 01-29-2010, 06:01 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,283 times
Quote:
I'm a black woman living in Atlanta who's been married to a white man for 10 years. Of course, we're not from here--we're from Alabama.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:07 AM

9 posts, read 34,434 times
As far as being approached by men of other color, I can say that I haven't had a problem. I get asked out for dates and told that I am beautiful by white men and hispanics more than often. I am very dark-skinned and rock afros and wear clothes that support my black pride which is not considered beautiful by the majority of blacks or whites. Good luck in doing you and whatever color man you choose!

Old 01-31-2010, 07:10 PM

52 posts, read 102,554 times
Quote:
Oh no, never bitter. I have a man. It's the truth though, black women in interracial relationships are very rare. In fact,everyone knows that most interacial relationships, well mainly white and african american always have a black man, and a white woman. The other way around is very rare. Furthermore, its my freaking opinion, you don't have to like it. That's who the heck I am. Thread starter probably bashes black men all the time...
Perhaps. But not as rare as many people make it out to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta