Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:00 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,108,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
im not, how can people have empaty for these bad people? Its more about maintaining the illusion of a Black Paradise aka Black Mecca that makes these posters feel threatened when people advacate for the removal of local bad guys, which in turn makes the fake bad guys become normal kids. There is always normal kids who hang with the roughnecks, but it hard to tell who is who in Atlanta. The trapper/dopeboy look is the style.
The black Mecca comment I going to ignore theirs way too many things wrong with that comment, I don’t feel like even responding.

Anyways… The thing that bug me is, the people who give criminals free rides by focusing on over generalize demographic rather individuals that commit crimes. The gangsters and drug dealers in the 20s were suits and ties, suits and ties have nothing do with being a gangster. Some gangsters and drug dealers today wear urban clothing, urban clothing has nothing to do with being a gangsters. If these kids dress up like emo or wear cowboys hats, they still be doing same thing, then what?

“it hard to tell who is who in Atlanta. The trapper/dopeboy look is the style.” may be because the look and style has nothing to do with trappers/dope boys but rather urban pop culture. Maybe the trappers/dope boys are dressing like normal kids or they trying to dress like fleshy rappers. So rather then attacking trapper/dopeboy you attack regular kids major of which worst crime is a speed ticket. And when next trend comes trappers/dopeboys will try to dress fashionable in the next trend. This is the error in profiling, Unless it’s a confirm gang sign "bad guys" don't have a "look"

P.S who the hell doesn't want "bad guys" lock up? I don't care what race or how they dress but you do.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Box

382 posts, read 661,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp01358 View Post
No we don't. Yeah maybe a lot of the urban thugs happen to be black, but there are white, Asian, and Hispanic thugs in urban areas (including Atlanta) as well. I still don't see how any of his comments are racist.
People associate "urban" with black. When people say "urban" music" and "urban culture" its associated with everything black. Hell, traditionally black folks have been confined to urban areas, hence how the label arose.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:04 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I love how he emphasizes "urban thugs." I think that we all know what "urban" means.
Of course we do.

Is it racist to call something by its name?

Most urban murders and various other violent crimes are black on black.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Of course we do.

Is it racist to call something by its name?

Most urban murders and various other violent crimes are black on black.
And why is that?

Old 06-20-2011, 08:21 PM

257 posts, read 470,412 times
Quote:
And why is that?
The white man. Duh. It's a well-known fact that every time a white man passes a young black man in Atlanta, he whispers into the black man's ear, "Thug life yo." Obviously this is all the white man's fault.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Box

Quote:
The white man. Duh. It's a well-known fact that every time a white man passes a young black man in Atlanta, he whispers into the black man's ear, "Thug life yo." Obviously this is all the white man's fault.
Indeed. Thug Life.

T he
H ate
U
G ive
L ittle
I nfants
F *cks
E veryone

Old 06-20-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Indeed. Thug Life.

T he
H ate
U
G ive
L ittle
I nfants
F *cks
E veryone
That's the spirit!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Box

Quote:
That's the spirit!
lol I love how people throw out numbers, yet refuse to go behind the numbers to find an explanation, or just come up with a blanket explanation.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:33 PM

Please explain the numbers then. Seriously, I'm at a loss as to explain them. I'm no sociologist. I'm more worried about how things are than why, because it's the actual state of affairs that affects me. But I really would like to know what's causing all of this mess.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:35 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,108,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcorndog View Post
Well said Boortz.

From his blog:

Wonder how many new listeners I have today | Nealz Nuze | www.boortz.com

"
  • Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to operate.
  • When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly 3 times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife. Bear in mind that my comments last week were born of reports of two carjackings by young black males in the Atlanta area in which guns were used.
  • If you start to delve even deeper into the statistics you will see that when you deal with the issue of interracial crime between blacks and whites you will find that blacks are the perpetrators 85% of the time while whites are responsible 15% of the time.
  • The single best indicator of violent crime in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Racist statistics? Come on … give me a break. You have to be a complete lunatic to believe that young black males are far more likely to be engaged in criminal activity because of the color of their skin. This is a cultural problem, not a racial one. The pathetic truth is that this violence is part of urban black culture. This is a culture where women are disparaged, gangsters are idolized, and, believe it or not, mothers of young black males have been reported to have been involved in actually helping their son's decide which gang to join...

I can fully understand why some people would be eager to reject the idea that culture has anything to do with the problem of crime in the black community. After all, it is so much easier to blame it on oppression and racism. If you are a victim of racism, then it’s somebody else's fault and it is up to them to change their attitudes. But if you're a victim of your own culture then it's up to you to participate in addressing the problem and seeking the solutions."
You know why it's racist? because it doesn't matter who commits the crime or whos the victim. If some white one commit a murder would it be better then if black did it?

2nd things, lets say 100% all crimes were by blacks i'm mean 100%. 95% of blacks still won't commit crimes. So your passing off a Sampling bias. broad conclusion upon the statistics of a survey of a small group that fails to sufficiently represent the whole population.

listen! Question for anyone with the black culture argument. include you gtcorndog! why do this small segment commit crimes when most blacks that follow the same urban black culture don't. Yall so into who committing crimes, yall fail to realize most of which you generalize don't, and it's not even close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta