Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

65 posts, read 336,516 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Alpharetta along with my family. I'm looking for a 1BR apartment. I will be working near North Point Parkway and Windward Parkway. I need to take up public transit. Since I don't have my own car, I'd prefer to have a groceries store nearby. My budget is $750. Can someone recommend a good apartment for me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:57 PM

102 posts, read 310,634 times
I tried to get an apartment in Alpharetta back in June, no luck. Very few complexes had units available, so I ended up getting an apartment in Roswell. But my #1 choice was Alara apartments in Alpharetta, they fit your criteria as well as being in walking distance to many shops and the mall.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 AM

6 posts, read 16,543 times
Hmmm...It'll be extremely hard living in Alpharetta without a car.

The only area I can think of are the apartment complexes off of Deerfield Parkway and Morris Road. They only have an express bus during rush hours though. But it's not too far from Target, Walmart, Kroger, and Aldi's on Hwy 9.

Another suggestion would to look in Sandy Springs along Peachtree-Dunwoody Road. You'll be within walking distance to the North Springs Station, and there's a bus that takes you directly near where you'll be working.

MARTA > Schedules & Maps > Bus Schedules or Routes > Route list (by number)

Old 10-17-2011, 03:45 PM

876 posts, read 2,280,268 times
You will have a hard time living anywhere near Alpharetta without a car (people have already said that, so this is a repeat)

You should check out the MARTA bus lines if you want to live in North Fulton, but Roswell or Sandy Springs may be better options for you. Keep in mind, MARTA is going thru huge budget cuts, so the bus lines may be more limited than they already are in areas in North Fulton. Some more of these bus lines could be cut in the future. This is really a huge factor for you in your decision on where to live.

Based on what you describe, I think you should try to get to close to MARTA subway stations as much as possible. North Springs is in Sandy Springs, which is about 5 to 7 miles south of Alpharetta. Roswell might be a better fit with a bit more bus service than Alpharetta, however, I don't know individual apartments to recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta