Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM

2,092 posts, read 3,225,043 times

Advertisements

Good news for job seekers...

Sandy Springs lures international company | www.wsbradio.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,135,076 times
Unfortunately, they are moving from Marietta to Sandy Springs. Not much net gain in jobs for the metro.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM

262 posts, read 790,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Unfortunately, they are moving from Marietta to Sandy Springs. Not much net gain in jobs for the metro.
I think there was a recent article about Buckhead gaining office tenants, getting companies to move from other parts of the metro.

I would think Midtown, Buckhead, and Perimeter (SS/Dunwoody) will continue to gain office space market share from other parts such as say Norcross??

Does any one know how the office space in say Norcross (Peachtree parkway corridor) is doing? 3+ years back I used to see every building having an "Available" board outside.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:32 PM

3,709 posts, read 5,988,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athensvaasi View Post
I think there was a recent article about Buckhead gaining office tenants, getting companies to move from other parts of the metro.

I would think Midtown, Buckhead, and Perimeter (SS/Dunwoody) will continue to gain office space market share from other parts such as say Norcross??

Does any one know how the office space in say Norcross (Peachtree parkway corridor) is doing? 3+ years back I used to see every building having an "Available" board outside.
http://dsg.colliers.com/document.aspx?report=1974.pdf

Required reading for anyone interested in Atlanta office market trends. However, you've gotta keep in mind that there is a ton of short term noise in this sort of stuff.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:52 PM

262 posts, read 790,134 times
Hmmm.... one is more optimistic than the other. I suppose it is all in the way the data is presented (aka statistics)!

----

The Colliers report listed above says:

"Despite modest market conditions, offi ce absorption in the fi nal quarter of 2011 is expected to be positive for the third consecutive time; resulting in a total of 500,000+ square feet of Atlanta office space absorbed in 2011."

----

From: Atlanta's office market shows modest improvement *| ajc.com

"It wasn’t a big yearly gain in what insiders call absorption -- only 5,138-square feet, about the size of a very large house -- but any gain is good news in the current economy.
The overall vacancy rate -- including vacant sublease space -- was 21.9 percent in December, down slightly from 22 percent at the end of 2010, the report by Cushman & Wakefield said."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta