Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM

8,486 posts, read 14,997,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Which people?

And just exactly who is "staying so sensitive" now?
Bingo. I don't think anyone is acting like it's a several hundred feet difference. It's simply taller. Doesn't matter if it's 20 feet or 20 inches, taller is taller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 12:37 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Which people?

And just exactly who is "staying so sensitive" now?
I know it's hard to read emotions on message boards, but I'm really not being sensitive; just stating observations.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,083,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I never said anything about the spire being pointless or ornamental.

I'm just saying that people act like BOA is far and away the tallest in the south. The next tallest building is only around 20 ft shorter. That's like a two level house. And since that next tallest building has several floors that go much higher (like a whole other office building), it makes the BOA's title as the tallest seem far less impressive. That's just the way I see it.

If the actual crown extended past the height of Chase, it might be more noteworthy, but it's only the spire. Chase is beat only by a tiny hair.
Who really cares except for skyscraper enthusiasts and folks who are insecure about Atlanta's other qualities?

It's a building. Ooooo...

Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
You're the one who needs to let it be, because you're trying to turn an honest discussion into a homer war. Y'all stay being so sensitive.

But fine, BOA can continue to claim being the tallest outside of NY, LA, and CHI, and the Chase tower will still have the highest floor outside of NY, LA, and CHI.

Which iit

Last edited by Staysean23; 03-16-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 03-16-2012, 03:14 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,911,239 times
Quote:
You're the one who needs to let it be, because you're trying to turn an honest discussion into a homer war. Y'all stay being so sensitive.

But fine, BOA can continue to claim being the tallest outside of NY, LA, and CHI, and the Chase tower will still have the highest floor outside of NY, LA, and CHI.

Which it will never be recognized as such. BOA will always be known as tallest building outside NY and Chi as of now.. BOA isn't claiming that title u need tell that to the people who continually list it as such.. So again let it be, because your opinions/observations isn't going to change how its listed

Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM

11 posts, read 19,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
Why is New York City on the list twice?

I took another look, and it says they are calculating NY with and without the old WTC thru 2011 (last year was the last time they say they will do it). So, if the WTC had not been destroyed, today NYC would rank 3rd in 2011.

An a different note, this Atlanta BofA vs. Houston's Chase stuff makes me smile. Atlanta technically has the taller building, but the Chase has the highest occuppied floor (and it does look more impressive - like Houston, while the BofA is prettier and daintier - like Atlanta) . BTW, that's what they used to say about the Chicago's (then Sears) tower. On a guided boat tour in 1999, when it had been surpassed by the Petronas, the tour guides would say "...and the Sears Tower, with the highest occuppied floor in the world." Of course, just 5 years later, that wasn't true either.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 PM

439 posts, read 852,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
And how being one of the tallest cities in the World will help Atlanta in any way? There are sooo many superlative claims of Atlanta being the 'est' that are fabricated, outdated and plainly untrue it is not even funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta