Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 PM

150 posts, read 127,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Go back and reread the posts. Atlanta doesn't have a Chinatown. We have one avenue that has an over abundance of non African-African and White-American oriented and owned businesses, but people live pretty integrated here.

By the way, the people depicted in that billboard are Korean. I'm sure you knew that from the Korean script to the right of their heads. My am I just awed by your superior "ethnic knowledge"
But, Atlanta does not have Chinatown. Any you just admitted it. Thanks for FINALLY agreeing.

It proves they lack diversity in their metro and city.

Quote:
You should really beef up on your history...
You keep saying "beef up on your history" or "you are wrong, atlanta has diversity in the metro".

YET, you have not posted one fact. Where are the numbers for the Atlanta metro area ethnicities?

I have posted facts about the city ethnicities. I'm waiting on your stats for the metro to prove me wrong.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 PM

183 posts, read 230,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BXNYC View Post
NO, not just NY. But, Boston, Chicago, DC, Philly, NYC, LA and San Fran.

Atlanta simply doesn't have diverse ethnic neighborhoods, it's black or white.

LOL YOU ARE HALARIOUS MAN i THINK WE JUST NEED TO LET YOU HAVE THIS ARGUEMENT BECAUSE IF WE DONT HAVE A LARGE CHINATOWN SITTING DOWNTOWN MEANS WE DONT HAVE ETHNIC NIEGHBORHOODS. i SEE ALOT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES THAT LIVE HERE IM ONE OF THEM SO IM NOT GOING TO KEEP TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING TO THAT IS NEVER GOING TO GET ANYWHERE. I STILL DOUBT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGHT ALL THE NIEGHBORHOODS IN EVERY COUNTY THAT MAKES UP ATLANTA METRO, IF YOU DID YOU WOULD SEE WHAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU MAN

Old 12-02-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaGuy21 View Post
LOL YOU ARE HALARIOUS MAN i THINK WE JUST NEED TO LET YOU HAVE THIS ARGUEMENT BECAUSE IF WE DONT HAVE A LARGE CHINATOWN SITTING DOWNTOWN MEANS WE DONT HAVE ETHNIC NIEGHBORHOODS. i SEE ALOT OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES THAT LIVE HERE IM ONE OF THEM SO IM GOING TO KEEP TRYING TO PROVE SOMETHING TO THAT IS NEVER GOING TO GET ANYWHERE. I STILL DOUBT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGHT ALL THE NIEGHBORHOODS IN EVERY COUNTY THAT MAKES UP ATLANTA METRO, IF YOU DID YOU WOULD SEE WHAT EVERYONE IS TRYING TO TELL YOU MAN
But, you dont have anything.

No Chinatown
No Little Italy
No Little Germany
No Koreatown
NO Irish area
No Poish areas
The list goes on...................

But, EVERYONE that is trying to tell me that ATlanta has good ehtnic neighborhoods LIVES in ATLANTA and LOVES Atanta. Therefore, they will defend it against any claims. It would not matter if I was right or wrong, they would still defend it. If you think Atlanta has good ethnic neighbrhoods then start a thread in city vs city or general u.s. and see what others think about the Atlanta ethnic neighbrhoods. It's one sided now simply because we are IN the Atlanta forum.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,951,346 times
Quote:
That's because it is, its in the burbs. Are you trying to say though that a neighborhood is more "ethnic" because of the type of building it is in?

I thought that picture was Atlanta's Chinatown?

Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 PM

719 posts, read 1,698,547 times
Quote:
But, Atlanta does not have Chinatown. Any you just admitted it. Thanks for FINALLY agreeing.

It proves they lack diversity in their metro and city.

You keep saying "beef up on your history" or "you are wrong, atlanta has diversity in the metro".

YET, you have not posted one fact. Where are the numbers for the Atlanta metro area ethnicities?

I have posted facts about the city ethnicities. I'm waiting on your stats for the metro to prove me wrong.
Dude. Lack of a traditional Chinatown does not mean a city "lacks diversity" and since you refuse to see that, we really have nothing further to talk about.

It's not on us to present facts to refute your simplistic and baseless assertions. It's the other way around, dude. Later!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
Dude. Lack of a traditional Chinatown does not mean a city "lacks diversity" and since you refuse to see that, we really have nothing further to talk about.

It's not on us to present facts to refute your simplistic and baseless assertions. It's the other way around, dude. Later!
I understand what is in bold and agree with it.

But, it's not just the lack of a chinatown, it's the lack of everything.

What about the lack of italian, mexican, puerto rican, japanese, poland, irish, korean, etc.

Atlanta is missing all of those too.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,879,661 times
Quote:
Your link is to a strip mall
It's not a strip mall. It's a suburban corridor where several Korean businesses are established. Some are in strip malls, but there are stand-alone businesses, churches, etc. Again, it's the suburbs. If you want to criticize Atlanta for not having a Chinatown or something, sure. But don't say the ethnic diversity isn't there, because it is--whether or not it's in a form you prefer.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
It's not a strip mall. It's a suburban corridor where several Korean businesses are established. Some are in strip malls, but there are stand-alone businesses, churches, etc. Again, it's the suburbs. If you want to criticize Atlanta for not having a Chinatown or something, sure. But don't say the ethnic diversity isn't
there, because it is--whether or not it's in a form you prefer.
Whatever you say it is, its not a actual Chinatown neighborhood.

I am criticizing Atl for not having a Chinatown among MANY other things that i have mentioned within this thread. What ehtnic neighbrhoods do they have? NOT MANY!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 PM

719 posts, read 1,698,547 times
Quote:
... the lack of everything.

What about the lack of italian, mexican, puerto rican, japanese, poland, irish, korean, etc.

Atlanta is missing all of those too.
The "lack of everything"? Really?

"What about the lack of italian, mexican, puerto rican, japanese, poland, irish, korean..."

Sure about that?

Clearly, you haven't spent any time here at all.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
The "lack of everything"? Really?

"What about the lack of italian, mexican, puerto rican, japanese, poland, irish, korean..."

Sure about that?

Clearly, you haven't spent any time here at all.
Atlanta lacks ALL of those things, they dont have any of those neighbrhoods mentioned in bold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta