Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 01:06 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthemove2014 View Post
Nashville, Charlotte, Birmingham, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Miami, and DC.
On this list only Houston, Dallas, Miami and DC are our real competition/peers. Charlotte, Nashville, San Antonio, Austin wish they were. And, lol, Birmingham. Ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 01:16 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
I can't wait for it to fail!

What are all you supporters going to rally behind once this thing is dead and buried?
It would make my decision to stay in Atlanta much harder. If this city can't pull it's collective head out of it's ass and try to actually figure out new ways to make the city viable, then why stay here? This area is plagued by far too many NIMBYists and anti-any-tax-for-anything-ever types. I swear that they could come out and say, "we have found a way to fix every road in the metro area and add 20 new transit lines and it will only cost each of you one dollar total", you would still have some blowhard out there screaming about how they are taking his money, and a hoard of mindless followers repeating his words.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
It looks like TSPLOST opponents are gearing up for a legal challenge even if the referendum passes at the ballot box.

TSPLOST opponents upset about wording on ballot | www.wsbtv.com

Old 07-05-2012, 01:24 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
Quote:
We'll probably just leave.
I think you guys probably should just leave.

I don't say that to be hateful, but there's only so long you can try to fit a square peg into a round hole. You can institute change here and there, but if Atlanta isn't the city for you, it's better to just move on than to try to mold it into what you want.

If places like Portland, DC, or wherever happen to be more to your liking, there's really nothing stopping you.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst for getting the ball rolling on the mass exodus I have been predicting!

Old 07-05-2012, 01:25 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
It looks like TSPLOST opponents are gearing up for a legal challenge even if the referendum passes at the ballot box.
They'll complain about anything.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:27 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:

I don't say that to be hateful, but there's only so long you can try to fit a square peg into a round hole. You can institute change here and there, but if Atlanta isn't the city for you, it's better to just move on than to try to mold it into what you want.

If places like Portland, DC, or wherever happen to be more to your liking, there's really nothing stopping you.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst for getting the ball rolling on the mass exodus I have been predicting!
I completely agree and don't take your comment unkindly at all. You just have to be realistic.

Neither Portland nor DC is my cup of tea but there are many other options.

Last edited by arjay57; 07-05-2012 at 01:46 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 01:40 PM

4,586 posts, read 7,711,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

TSPLOST opponents upset about wording on ballot | www.wsbtv.com
It would be interesting, if the wording helps TSPLOST pass.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:09 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,048,359 times
Not sure how to take this. Atlanta grows and changes faster then just about any other city and some of the developments going on now will transform this city. Its more then just a little change here and there. This is Atlanta and has been for a long time.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2012, 02:40 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:
some of the developments going on now will transform this city
The BeltLine will be the biggest urban development project ever in the city. It will forever change the city.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
The BeltLine will be the biggest urban development project ever in the city. It will forever change the city.
But if the TSPLOST doesn't pass it will not be funded for a long time.

Last edited by atltechdude; 07-05-2012 at 02:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta