Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:03 AM

2,047 posts, read 4,621,509 times

Advertisements

...if Obama loses. I always wondered about those gated communities, apparently this one is for retired folk. Do they really think tjose little gates are going to keep folk out ifthey really want in? Do they have gun turrets on top with claymores around the perimeter or what? My MIL lives in one and I'm always amused because they've got all these guards at the gate, but ifyou walk down a block you can get in easy peasy. It might protect you fromburglars who need a car, but rioters are about destruction. *le sigh*

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...?smid=fb-share

Old 11-06-2012, 09:06 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,394,956 times
Good gracious! I'm sure Drudge will pick this up any moment....

Old 11-06-2012, 09:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,311,939 times
You'd be surprised. And I think they may be more concerned about the residents coming out to do some damage.

There's a lot of over 55-year old men who are simply beside themselves with rage that a man like President Obama is even sleeping in the White House Presidential bedroom, let alone being our Commander-In-Chief. Case in point: those 4 old North Georgia militia guys that were caught and then prosecuted awhile back for conspiring to carry out a terrorist attack.

Ricin terror plot: Four in Ga. accused of planning attacks - CSMonitor.com

I wouldn't so easily discount the abilities of the geriatric to do some serious damage, especially if they have had professional military training and backgrounds in scientific industries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
...if Obama loses. I always wondered about those gated communities, apparently this one is for retired folk. Do they really think tjose little gates are going to keep folk out ifthey really want in? Do they have gun turrets on top with claymores around the perimeter or what? My MIL lives in one and I'm always amused because they've got all these guards at the gate, but ifyou walk down a block you can get in easy peasy. It might protect you fromburglars who need a car, but rioters are about destruction. *le sigh*

Shutting the Gates Over Fears of Election Unrest - NYTimes.com

Old 11-06-2012, 09:20 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,879,410 times
Can old people just die? Hateful and backwards thoughts they have.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Can old people just die? Hateful and backwards thoughts they have.
Unfortunately there a lot of young hateful and backwards people as well. I don't think hate or any of the various isms will ever die. Why would they? They serve the very important purpose of letting some folk feel superiorto others. Unfortunately that is NOT a function of age.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:33 AM

924 posts, read 1,456,923 times
They probably saw articles like this one.

Obama supporters on Twitter step up threats to riot if Romney wins - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Now I don't expect riots to happen but you never know. Of course if they do happen in random pockets Woodstock, GA doesn't really seem as likely as somewhere like East LA.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,559 times
If President Obama wins again, I'm really worried about the gun-toting tea-party yahoos in these militias out in the woods. They already are angry, they feel that they have been betrayed by the "American Dream" and they are armed to the teeth! They don't realize that they have already been written-off economically by the puppet-masters that they support, all they see is color. Now that's scary.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,692,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovenyc View Post
If President Obama wins again, I'm really worried about the gun-toting tea-party yahoos in these militias out in the woods. They already are angry, they feel that they have been betrayed by the "American Dream" and they are armed to the teeth! They don't realize that they have already been written-off economically by the puppet-masters that they support, all they see is color. Now that's scary.
Of course blame it on the tea party. Who were the ones who first threatened violence? Everybody has the right to own a gun unless they lost that right by breaking another law.

Of course no Obama supporters are racist. Saying I am black so that is why I am voting for Obama, is the the same as saying I am white so I am voting for Romney. But only the second would be called racist?

(I am not affiliated with the tea party, but voted for Mitt Romney. I am also Hispanic/white.)

Old 11-06-2012, 10:59 AM

I'm so tired of this, "I'm voting for Obama because he's black," nonsense. I've never heard anyone say it. Are you voting for Romney because he's white? As for blaming the TP, well they're the ones who were showing up at town hall meetings with assault rifles. And that was three years ago. Frankly nothing frightens me more than a bunch of folk with assault rifles talking about "taking their country back." They introduced this violent rhetoric long before anyone else. For the first time in my life I truly fear another civil war.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:04 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,559,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I'm so tired of this, "I'm voting for Obama because he's black," nonsense. I've never heard anyone say it. Are you voting for Romney because he's white? As for blaming the TP, well they're the ones who were showing up at town hall meetings with assault rifles. And that was three years ago. Frankly nothing frightens me more than a bunch of folk with assault rifles talking about "taking their country back." They introduced this violent rhetoric long before anyone else. For the first time in my life I truly fear another civil war.

Seems you've taken that 'Romance Writing' to a new level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta