Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM

60 posts, read 106,856 times

Advertisements

Hi
My husband is considering to taking a job offer at Atlanta office.We are living in champaign Illinois 2,5 hour south of Chicago. I am very happy with my daughters school which are public schools.
I want to know which suburbs are the best to live in? Considering the safety and best public schools and home prices.we cannot afford above 350.000 dollars. My husbands office will be close to downtown area .so we are willing to live in 30 mile radius of that. I always liked to live in hot climate since here is the worst for the weather.So i think i like Atlanta.
Thanks for your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,007,728 times
North Fulton, (Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek)

Depending on the work hours bout 45min to downtown, (from park/ride bus to Marta subway)

Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM

2,530 posts, read 4,773,938 times
Your budget will give you a wide range of choices. If you are looking for the best school districts you will want to consider East Cobb, North Fulton (Alpharetta, Johns Creek)

Closer in communities include Sandy Springs and Dunwoody which are still very good schools

Old 02-07-2013, 08:50 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
To emphasize a bit about what flyonpa said about commute options. Our transit system has heavy rail as far as a place called North Springs which is a bit northwest of Dunwoody, GA. The main highway, Georgia-400 has MARTA bus service, servicing several park and ride lots at Roswell and Alpharetta. Once they get onto GA-400 southbound, they run straight to the rail station, which offers a one-seat ride into Atlanta and as far as the airport (except after 7:00PM and some weekends, then there's one transfer). Minimum time from the farthest north Park and Ride (Windward Parkway) to Five Points Station (downtown) is right at one hour. But GA-400 has some of the worst traffic around Atlanta, plus a (admittedly soon to end) $0.50 toll.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:36 AM

60 posts, read 106,856 times
Thanks everybody .I appreciate you taking your time and giving good infos about my situation.transportation is not issue since i will be driving .i had lived only suburbs so far although i am a huge fan of busy city life. After kids suburbs are the only choices for us in order to get bigger homes and school system and safety... At some point it started to depend on the kids necessities. I still wanna close to downtown so weekends we can socialize.in my opinion Atlanta is close to good places like florida alabama tenesse kentucky south carolina .so excited lits of things to do in those states.We dont have to be get crazy with the driving hours with thise states.i always want to move close to big cities. In my case first option was chicago .love that city so much history so much things to do.Also it is very similar my hometown which is Istanbul . But the weather wise not so good choice. I hope all atlanta movers get what they are looking for in the life.thanks again fir everybodies shares.i am waiting fir mire replies though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta