Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:15 AM

144 posts, read 399,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiami View Post
Guys,
I am going to World changers church over 2 years. He is a good man. Belive me what I say. My life changed so much because of the word of God and he is helping many people. You can go to church and ask people and they will tell you how much they have prospered in life coming to the church and listening the word of God. When the people prosper they give to God 10% of income as a sign of love.

If nobody would prosper nobody will give money. But you can see that people got affected with Gods word and they paying tribute to God, they are giving it back.

I personally like to give. World changers church is doing many good things, but when you are arrogant you can never see it.

By the way Creflo does not take salary from the church he has own businesses.

You're suggesting that people giving their money away is a sign of them prospering directly from God? So is the proliferation of nonesense stores like Walmart a result of the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:16 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,308 times
Quote:
Guys,
I am going to World changers church over 2 years. He is a good man. Belive me what I say. My life changed so much because of the word of God and he is helping many people. You can go to church and ask people and they will tell you how much they have prospered in life coming to the church and listening the word of God. When the people prosper they give to God 10% of income as a sign of love.

If nobody would prosper nobody will give money. But you can see that people got affected with Gods word and they paying tribute to God, they are giving it back.

I personally like to give. World changers church is doing many good things, but when you are arrogant you can never see it.

With all due respect LoveMiami,...God doesn't need our money. Especially money from the (mostly lower income and poor) black folks who are supporting the lavish lifestyles of these preachers. I have been in churches, where preachers did not care if members did not have rent money, food, or clothing...yet they told them to "pay your 10%" (which ultimately winds up in the preachers pocket) and "God will bless you." I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that is just total nonsense.

Last edited by dorado0359; 11-14-2007 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: error

Old 11-14-2007, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Guys,

LoveMiami, if you love to give, why not give to people in need? Christ himself said that it would be extremely difficult(if not virtually impossible) for rich people to go to heaven. That's really all that is need for a Christ follower to know rather or not it is OK for a preacher to be rich, right? I mean, you are a follower of Christ, right? Not a follower of Dollar.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:40 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Seen on a church sign in a church sign in a struggling SW Atlanta neighborhood:

"Give what's right, not what's left"

Gross.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:42 AM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
With all due respect LoveMiami,...God doesn't need our money. Especially money from the (mostly lower income and poor) black folks who are supporting the lavish lifestyles of these preachers. I have been in churches, where preachers did not care if members did not have rent money, food, or clothing...yet they told them to "pay your 10%" (which ultimately winds up in the preachers pocket) and "God will bless you." I'm sorry, but in my opinion, that is just total nonsense.
I couldn't agree more. It is sad how many of these mega-church preachers have this cultish sway over their flock. The result is that people like LoveMiami are their biggest defenders. I guess that is the ultimate swindle...when they people you are swindling don't feel like they are being taken. These guys (along with the state lottery, but that's another story) do a disservice to large swaths of the poor communities in Georgia when they ask people who don't have a lot of money to begin with to dig deep and pony up so that the "church" can buy another Rolls Royce for its "unsalaried" multi-millionaire pastor to use!!!

Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 AM

103 posts, read 447,181 times
Not a month ago i had a discussion with someone who was way up in the IRS. We talked about churches and He said they weren't audited like you would hope they would be. I asked why, and he said if the IRS came down on any one church, it would appear that the gov was targeting which ever denomination. So they just didn't do it pretty much period. It is sad, but that is out of the horses mouth.

Old 11-14-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMarketSlave View Post
Not a month ago i had a discussion with someone who was way up in the IRS. We talked about churches and He said they weren't audited like you would hope they would be. I asked why, and he said if the IRS came down on any one church, it would appear that the gov was targeting which ever denomination. So they just didn't do it pretty much period. It is sad, but that is out of the horses mouth.

Well our government is virtually in bed with some "particular" denominations of church, so this is no surprise.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otoatlanta View Post
The Rev. Creflo Dollar's World Changers Church International in College Park alone took in $69 million in 2006, according to a brief report his church showed The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Who's giving money to Creflo Dollar, and what is this man doing for Atlanta?
Not me. I'm Catholic.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Nothing wrong with making 69 M if you are a business or corporation. Now making money off people's ignorance and claiming that you are some type of "chosen" person of God is scary. I would not want to be this person on Judgement Day. I was flipping through the channels last week and stupid BET(they should change their name to GET(Ghetto Entertainment Television) did an entire hour on that other charlatan named "prophetess Juanita Bynum". No offense to anybody but to believe in her crap, you have to be very ignorant. It will be nice to see Creflo Dollar driving his Bentley up and down the roads of Hell Fire
Stupid people will always be stupid people. Always. If they were not giving to to Creepy Dollar or Miss Cleo, they'd be gambling it away or buying drugs with it because they are stupid. But I don't think it is anybody else's business how the stupid spend money.

Old 11-14-2007, 05:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocopuffy View Post
I've been suspicious of these mega churches and prosperity gospels since one of those pastors visited my grandma's poor church in Vidalia, GA and literally locked us in the church until every adult in there gave 100 dollars to the Lord. They finally let us out around midnight and drove off in a white limo. I was 12 and I've been suspicious of churches every since. My aunt attends one of those churches and they collect your W2s to make sure you are tithing right!
I rarely go to church. They are all full of crap as far as I am concerned. If you want to really please Jesus then write a check to the Salvation Army. About 96 cents of every dollar goes to help the poor and the homeless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta