Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 10:06 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcola110 View Post
Take that BS somewhere else. No restaurant, owner or manager, whose a sound business professional, is going to interrupt paying partons, whom are already dinning, to pick up their plates and give up their seats, and ask them to go eat someplace else, just to sit other parton(s) that just entered the restaurant. Those white women or anyone else would have to have waited until seats became available. Besides they didn't invite them to dine with them.

I guess what you are trying to say is that they used that as an excuse the get the 2 black men out? Maybe? I hope not but I guess we will soon find out both sides when it goes further to court. It's hard to imagine that they would target two black men one thats 7 foot tall in front of other patrons, I'm sure they've had other black folks in there before. But that's the story.

Last edited by JasonPaul; 08-20-2008 at 10:14 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,797 times
I am a 28 white male that has mostly dated interracially. I personally have not experienced anything negative against me in Georgia and maybe it is because I am a white male it is more acceptive over a black male dating a white female. I have plenty of friends of all races that has never dealt with it that I know of. The closest thing I could say is maybe an elderly person looking a little too long, but who cares.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
See thats probably the case the restaurant policy is for men to give up their seat to women and when the 2 men didn't it became a racial issue. I don't know why there were 2 white men that didn't have to but there are always 2 sides to every story. Maybe the policy is to give up your seats to women who are by themselves. Maybe the other men were with women, I'm not sure. Depending on how they asked could have been turning point.

there was no excuse for that to happen and i don't see how anyone could argue it so. every patron pays for their meal, drinks, service, etc. he/she deserves to be able to finish it there at the restaurant. those women should have had to wait just like everyone else.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
there was no excuse for that to happen and i don't see how anyone could argue it so. every patron pays for their meal, drinks, service, etc. he/she deserves to be able to finish it there at the restaurant. those women should have had to wait just like everyone else.
not really, you can be kicked out for anything. It's a private business, they can kick you out whenever and for whatever.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:38 AM

171 posts, read 664,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
not really, you can be kicked out for anything. It's a private business, they can kick you out whenever and for whatever.
Private business or not; they're providing a public service. Only reason a business owner would be justiciable in kicking out a parton, is if that parton cause public disturbance to the rest of businesses' partons or violated some other terms and conditions of that business. They can't kick you out for being black, or any other race, it's against the law, here in the U.S. We're no longer in the Jim Crow era.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,592,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

I totally agree. I just find this entire incident unbelievable:

1. Issuing ultimatums, giving up your table to seat two white women, is just asking to be sued. Who needs a crystal ball for that one? The odds are pretty good. These two guys are affluent professionals, and the basketball player is a local celebrity.

2. Who wants to eat cold food? If a restaurant waiter serves you cold food, most people would request that the food be served hot or warm.

These two guys are asked to stop eating and move their plates of hot/warm food to a different area of the restaurant. Unreal! If they move to a different area, the food is cooling off. Isn't that nice.

The restaurant didn't care if their food was cooler/cold. These two guys are supposed to eat cooler/cold food and act like everything is okay. Did the restaurant offer to pick up the tab for their major inconvenience? No! I certainly didn't read anything about that. Even if the restaurant did pick up the tab, that wouldn't lessen or minimize the blatant discrimination.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,000 times
Default a new place to live

I am a black woman trying to move in geogia my husband is white and we have a daugther i need to know the safest place to move in georgia and the safest place to raise a family.

Old 07-23-2009, 08:19 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,520 times
Bunny whats your price range?

Old 07-23-2009, 09:19 AM

168 posts, read 561,145 times
Bunny given the title of this post and the age of it, I would start a new thread if I were you. Also there are other existing threads that have asked questions more similar to yours, as opposed to this one which was started like a food fight.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:50 AM

12 posts, read 70,994 times
You should be ashamed of yourself posting this nonsense. Get a grip!! Are you having an anxiety attack?? Is it that the black & other races of women not feeling you??? I think an attitude adjustment might help you instead of running to another city, because the way that you sound I'm certain you will be saying the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta