Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM

308 posts, read 506,351 times

Advertisements

Atlanta has the best turn up music doe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 08:03 PM

708 posts, read 999,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
Atlanta has the best turn up music doe
Word Yo!!!I'm in this industry and people are moving to Atlanta just to strive for there career.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:59 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigATL View Post
Word Yo!!!I'm in this industry and people are moving to Atlanta just to strive for there career.
thats never going to work. No rappers should move to ATL to persue rap. A producer maybe, but an unsigned artist? They better off staying home. Other than Mc Shy D, who else moved here n blow off the strength of moving here.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:42 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
I classify the majority of Atlanta rappers as being among the best "crappy" rappers. Rappers who make catchy songs with catchy beats but have no intellectual meaning.

My favorite Atlanta crappy rappers would be Migos, Young Jeezy, Future, K Camp, Travis Porter, and Young Dro.
I like Jeezy and Future somewhat. I only like Migos' song with Rick Ross and that Versace joint, only because of Drake really. Funny how they blew because someone bested them lyrically on their own sh1t lol

Old 09-10-2014, 09:49 PM

6,208 posts, read 9,212,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLater View Post
Atlanta rap is the new LA. Obviously it'll never get better than OG gangsta rap (Pac, Cube, Dre, Snoop, etc) but other than Biggie, IMO, most can stay in NY.

Hip hop mightve came out of the Bronx but Rap came from California.

Not speaking 100%'s, just most.

Jay-Z is cool and all.... but has nothing on Dre.

I'll watch the vid later. Thanks for sharing.
Nothing on Dre lyrically? Lol Whateva works for you dude! Maybe production-wise but then again, he wins by default because Jay-Z isn't a producer

Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
thats never going to work. No rappers should move to ATL to persue rap. A producer maybe, but an unsigned artist? They better off staying home. Other than Mc Shy D, who else moved here n blow off the strength of moving here.
Happens all the time.

Rae Sremmund moved here from Mississippi and now has a hit. The Migos moved here from Athens same thing. Da Brat moved down from Chicago trying to make it here same as Ludicris. Pastor Troy moved here from Augusta, T-Pain from Tallahassee.

And it's not just the Rap industry. Usher's mom moved him here from Chattanooga to give him a better shot as a singer. Two of TLCs members moved down from up north partly to pursue a career in music.

And on the flip side Kelly Rowlands mom moved her from Atlanta to Houston to try and make it in a new yet to prove them self group Destinys Child.

Last edited by Galounger; 09-10-2014 at 10:02 PM..

Old 09-10-2014, 11:57 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,844,832 times
Outkast,Ludacris and T.I are the only good rappers in Atlanta. Everybody is hot garbage.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 AM

787 posts, read 968,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Outkast,Ludacris and T.I are the only good rappers in Atlanta. Everybody is hot garbage.
Goodie Mob? Cyhi The Prynce? Pastor Troy? Young Jeezy? Killer Mike?

Old 09-11-2014, 04:54 AM

308 posts, read 506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcave360 View Post
I like Jeezy and Future somewhat. I only like Migos' song with Rick Ross and that Versace joint, only because of Drake really. Funny how they blew because someone bested them lyrically on their own sh1t lol
The only Jeezy song that I really like is that one with Ne-Yo called Leave You Alone. Nice beat but Jeezy's voice alone ruins it not to mention his lyrics that are mediocre at best. Dude sounds like he been puffin on cigarettes since he was an infant.

I actually have to admit that Future's music is among the best turn up music out there. From my list of favorite crappy/solely-turn-up rappers. Same Damn Time goes hard, Magic is really good, karate chop, honest, and even Tony Montana are all hot beats.

Hahaha yeah Migos does owe their success to Drake for being on that Versace song. But I actually do like Fight Night and Chinatown from them. The Chinatown beat always sounds good to my ears.

Allllll of that said, none of those rappers have ever said anything lyrically intelligent in their entire lives.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:32 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Our rappers are better than Columbus rappers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta