Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 12:18 AM

244 posts, read 168,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Oh brother, this old canard again, the idea that the citizens may need guns to someday overthrow the government.

Notwithstanding that gun nuts have no basis whatsoever for wanting to overthrow the government since there are next to no restrictions on guns in this country, that is not even a practical reality any more. You really think you could defeat today's military with whatever you have in your gun cabinet, if it really came to that? Not a chance.

Keep believing they cant. Hate when people like you want others to respect your rights , however when you feel its ok to take away others rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 12:36 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
Keep believing they cant. Hate when people like you want others to respect your rights , however when you feel its ok to take away others rights.
What an absurd (and typically paranoid) response. I never said I was for taking away anyone's rights, or their guns.

I simply said your reasoning was ridiculous if you think you are going to defeat the US military that has tanks, artillery, grenades, rockets, missiles, bombs, full auto 50 cals, attack helicopters, nukes, drones, etc with whatever you've got in your gun cabinet.

Last edited by atltechdude; 06-08-2015 at 12:45 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 04:10 AM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Oh brother, this old canard again, the idea that the citizens may need guns to someday overthrow the government.

Notwithstanding that gun nuts have no basis whatsoever for wanting to overthrow the government since there are next to no restrictions on guns in this country, that is not even a practical reality any more. You really think you could defeat today's military with whatever you have in your gun cabinet, if it really came to that? Not a chance.
Battle of Athens (1946) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-08-2015, 04:57 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Thumbs down *

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce
Man says he was harassed while carrying gun at airport
What a bloody moron!!

WELL OF COURSE HE WAS HARRASSED!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2015, 05:33 AM

244 posts, read 168,814 times

Thank you

Also I may add one of the first things a tyrannical government wants to do is dis-arm its citzens .. geesh i wonder why that is

Old 06-08-2015, 07:07 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Who got the power to have rights and grant rights from the British Government?

Rights come from the People and their will, which is supposed to be carried out by the Government. Not the will of the Government to be carried out by the people. There is a huge difference that your not seeing. The Government has only the power given to it by the People.
You are very naïve.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:17 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
How do you ensure on the spot that someone has a license to carry with this law? Did the police ask him for it when they approached him?
The police aren't allowed to ask to see a license.

Old 06-08-2015, 09:56 AM

787 posts, read 969,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
They can ask, but you don't have to consent.

Old 06-08-2015, 10:35 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
They can ask, but you don't have to consent.
Which is another ridiculous provision of this law that allowed this self-centered no-regards-for-others hillbilly to carry such a weapon into a crowded public space.

Old 06-08-2015, 11:37 AM

5,633 posts, read 5,360,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
I dont think some people understand the importance of the 2nd admn nor will they ever until that day when SHTF.
And I think some people are overly paranoid, almost to the point of a mental instability, over the 2nd and how much they think they need guns on them at all times. My wife used to answer emails for the Georgia Aquarium, and she used to get all sorts of very, very heated emails saying how unsafe said person felt since they weren't allowed to carry in the aquarium. I cannot imagine have my life ruled by a firearm.

Yes, some small-ass town in Tennessee 70 years ago is fully applicable against today's military.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Which is quite frankly the stupidest law on the face of this planet. What purpose does that serve?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta