Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 02:32 PM

150 posts, read 152,281 times

Advertisements

No offense, well I guess there's some offense involved, but there are many societies that thrive and/or are on the verge of thriving with their ever so strict gun laws or zero tolerance gun laws for the general public. i.e. UK, Hong Kong, Australia just to name a few..

I wonder what kind of debates go on in those countries regarding such restrictions that more so mirror our ongoing debates on the subject but from the opposite end of the stick....

That's it for my rant, carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 02:38 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
What a bloody moron!!

WELL OF COURSE HE WAS HARRASSED!!!!!!!
So you support police misconduct then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Which is another ridiculous provision of this law that allowed this self-centered no-regards-for-others hillbilly to carry such a weapon into a crowded public space.
Why? Do you want the police to be able to pull over anyone on the road and harass them just because they're driving a vehicle on a crowded public road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
And I think some people are overly paranoid, almost to the point of a mental instability, over the 2nd and how much they think they need guns on them at all times.
You only think you don't need a gun until someone is trying to kill you.
Quote:
My wife used to answer emails for the Georgia Aquarium, and she used to get all sorts of very, very heated emails saying how unsafe said person felt since they weren't allowed to carry in the aquarium. I cannot imagine have my life ruled by a firearm.
And I can not imagine any place being so naive as to think they have 100% air-tight security, especially a private venue, and especially when there's the walk from the car, or from transit to consider.
Quote:
Yes, some small-ass town in Tennessee 70 years ago is fully applicable against today's military.
An M-16 today is just as deadly as a Thompson back then. An F-4U Corsair screaming in at 300mph is not significantly less deadly to a group of people than an F-22 blasting in at Mach 2. There was still a theoretical overwhelming discrepancy in force. Plus look at the insurgent situation in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Quote:
Which is quite frankly the stupidest law on the face of this planet. What purpose does that serve?
It enforces the protections of the 4th amendment against unreasonable detainment.

Old 06-08-2015, 02:58 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,157,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
Libreals

That said I fully support the right "to keep and bare arms" as I openly carry sometimes and CC depending on the enviorment. I wouldnt walk around in an airport with a my rife however I dont think his right to carry should be infringed upon either. I dont think some people understand the importance of the 2nd admn nor will they ever until that day when SHTF.

That pd the officer just breesing by him was funny
You have to be right every single time for your point to hold. You only have to be wrong once. All that needs to happen is something like the fictitious scenario depicted in CoD:MW2's "No Russian" mission to become non-fictitious, even once, and a massive ****storm would ensue.

The APD played this remarkably cool. They let him abide by state law while ensuring that nothing got out of hand without warning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
Keep believing they cant. Hate when people like you want others to respect your rights , however when you feel its ok to take away others rights.
Taking my government away by force and replacing it by God-only-knows what kind of replacement? That doesn't sound like "liberty"; that sounds like treason against the United States of America. No wonder they call your type, GUN NUTS.

Old 06-08-2015, 03:24 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times
Quote:
And I think some people are overly paranoid, almost to the point of a mental instability, over the 2nd and how much they think they need guns on them at all times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Quote:
My wife used to answer emails for the Georgia Aquarium, and she used to get all sorts of very, very heated emails saying how unsafe said person felt since they weren't allowed to carry in the aquarium. I cannot imagine have my life ruled by a firearm.
Quote:
And I can not imagine any place being so naive as to think they have 100% air-tight security, especially a private venue, and especially when there's the walk from the car, or from transit to consider.

Well samiwas1... I've got to say... when you've got a point, you've got a point!

Old 06-08-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
And I think some people are overly paranoid, almost to the point of a mental instability, over the 2nd and how much they think they need guns on them at all times. My wife used to answer emails for the Georgia Aquarium, and she used to get all sorts of very, very heated emails saying how unsafe said person felt since they weren't allowed to carry in the aquarium. I cannot imagine have my life ruled by a firearm.
That deeply, deeply bothers me. The gun nuts don't like that policy? And they wanna boycott the GA Aquarium? Fine, that's their freedom of choice. But their acting like that is classless and reveals a thing or two about their character.

FWIW, I think that most local police jurisdictions are grossly unaware about the epidemic of online threats, and they almost never take them seriously enough.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:30 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Well samiwas1... I've got to say... when you've got a point, you've got a point!
No, just like the rest of the antis, he really doesn't.

Old 06-08-2015, 04:40 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,772,636 times
Quote:
No, just like the rest of the antis, he really doesn't.
The antis!?!

Are we creating terms about groups of people now? Is that what these conversations come to?

I'm sorry Matt there is a line somewhere in the mix. There is the ability and right to have a firearm, the legitimate debate over the lawful regulation of firearms, and then there is someone who is troubled living amongst many people in an advanced society.

If you can't go to a public gathering that has security and nearby police in an advanced society and feel so uncomfortable/unsafe because you can't carry a firearm amongst the crowd, then that person has some serious issues and should seek therapy. That isn't a gun control debate, that is a personal issue. Not to mention many feel much safer when every person in the place does not have a gun.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
The antis!?!

Are we creating terms about groups of people now? Is that what these conversations come to?

I'm sorry Matt there is a line somewhere in the mix. There is the ability and right to have a firearm, the legitimate debate over the lawful regulation of firearms, and then there is someone who is troubled living amongst many people in an advanced society.

If you can't go to a public gathering that has security and nearby police in an advanced society and feel so uncomfortable/unsafe because you can't carry a firearm amongst the crowd, then that person has some serious issues and should seek therapy. That isn't a gun control debate, that is a personal issue. Not to mention many feel much safer when every person in the place does not have a gun.
In the Far-Right land of complete and uninhibited gun privileges, there exist exactly two sides to the debate: No private citizen can own any gun, or all private citizens can own every gun. They deliberately choose to ignore those of us who lie somewhere between those bizarre extremes.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Cobb To Vote On Security Upgrades In Response To Gun Law | WABE 90.1 FM

Old 06-08-2015, 05:30 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,386,955 times
Quote:
So you support police misconduct then?

Why? Do you want the police to be able to pull over anyone on the road and harass them just because they're driving a vehicle on a crowded public road?

An M-16 today is just as deadly as a Thompson back then. An F-4U Corsair screaming in at 300mph is not significantly less deadly to a group of people than an F-22 blasting in at Mach 2. There was still a theoretical overwhelming discrepancy in force. Plus look at the insurgent situation in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It enforces the protections of the 4th amendment against unreasonable detainment.
Wow. Just wow. Most if not all constitutional rights are subject to sensical regulations. A nuke is an arm. Why can't the whack jobs have those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta