Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2015, 09:42 AM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times

Advertisements

I do wonder who the kit sponsor will be. Coca-Cola seems like the obvious choice, but they just signed a sponsorship deal with the league so they probably won't be an option. As tactless as it may seem, I bet it would be Home Depot.

There are few other choices out there though from local/State companies that would make sense:

Delta
UPS
Aflac
Mohawk
Sun Trust
Equifax
Aarons
Grady (unlikely to happen, but it would be AWESOME)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 09:47 AM

1,645 posts, read 3,097,582 times
Atlanta United... sponsored by Delta... don't see that going down very well.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:36 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,738,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Coca-Cola seems like the obvious choice, but they just signed a sponsorship deal with the league so they probably won't be an option. As tactless as it may seem, I bet it would be Home Depot.

There are few other choices out there though from local/State companies that would make sense:

Delta
UPS
Aflac
Mohawk
Sun Trust
Equifax
Aarons
Grady (unlikely to happen, but it would be AWESOME)
So, why would Coca-Cola be the obvious choice? Why not UPS?
I figured most people would think Home Depot to be the obvious choice, but I doubt it'll be Home Depot because I think Arthur would rather sell that sponsorship right, earn a little more money rather than give himself free advertising. HIGHLY doubt it'll be Home Depot.

Why would it be "AWESOME" for Grady? I want to share your excitement. I just don't get it... Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEddie View Post
Atlanta United... sponsored by Delta... don't see that going down very well.
Why not??? Not like United Airlines has any hand in the matters... Would be kind of like Delta getting a little jab in there, to have their name as the recognizable logo on a "United" uniform... Personally, I think that might be a smart move for Delta... Lol

Old 07-13-2015, 02:41 PM

I think I'd most like to see Delta or Coca Cola...

Wait, first... Can someone (a soccer lover) explain to me why this is okay that we have corporate logos larger than the team logo on soccer uniforms. That's just so dumb to me. So extra commercialized. That's like NASCAR level commercialization, except I THINK NASCAR has more reason being that it cost so much to maintain a race team you definitely NEED sponsorship and it's worth it to have sponsorship all over the car (Go Chase Elliot!),
Anyway, done with my sidebar...

Like I said, I'd most like to see Delta or Coke. I like the Delta logo. That would look cool.
I'm kind of jealous of the Minnesota United uniforms though. THAT is an amazing uniform, but they have it first so we can't copy... ................................... .................... Wait a minute...... (United?) Maybe we CAN......

Old 07-13-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post

Why not??? Not like United Airlines has any hand in the matters... Would be kind of like Delta getting a little jab in there, to have their name as the recognizable logo on a "United" uniform... Personally, I think that might be a smart move for Delta... Lol
Because everyone knows Atlanta is a Delta hub.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:58 PM

I'm placing my bet on these companies in order.

I think the most likely sponsor is:

1. Travelport (trying to get their brand out more)
2. Porsche (Trying to establish a stronger American brand presence)
3. Delta
4. Coca-Cola
5. Invesco
6. RaceTrac
7. Cox (Trying to rebrand themselves)
8. NAPA (Genuine Parts)
9. Southern Company
10. Equifax

I'd like to see either Porsche, Delta, Travelport, Invesco or RaceTrac.
Wouldn't be mad with Coca Cola or NAPA either.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Because everyone knows Atlanta is a Delta hub.

Yeah, but what's that have to do with sponsoring the uniform? Is it because the name United? Is it because Delta doesn't need the advertisement? Why?

Old 07-13-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but what's that have to do with sponsoring the uniform? Is it because the name United? Is it because Delta doesn't need the advertisement? Why?
joke.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I'm placing my bet on these companies in order.

I think the most likely sponsor is:

1. Travelport (trying to get their brand out more)
2. Porsche (Trying to establish a stronger American brand presence)
3. Delta
4. Coca-Cola
5. Invesco
6. RaceTrac
7. Cox (Trying to rebrand themselves)
8. NAPA (Genuine Parts)
9. Southern Company
10. Equifax

I'd like to see either Porsche, Delta, Travelport, Invesco or RaceTrac.
Wouldn't be mad with Coca Cola or NAPA either.

Audi is the automobile sponsor of the league, and even though they have the same ownership, I don't think MLS will allow Porsche to be the main sponsor. Maybe they could get Audi as the jersey sponsor though.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,159,198 times
Quote:
Will any one support the Silverbacks when AUFC takes the field in 2017?

Will the Silverbacks make it to 2016?
Man, 2017 is gonna be a big year for Atlanta sporting venues. The Braves, Atlanta United, and the Falcons will all be in shiny new stadiums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta