Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 09:53 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,162,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
This is both offensive and hurtful to me.
Offensive and hurtful simply over that? Wow, no offense, but that comes across to me as major hypersensitivity.

Quote:
They were both horrible, but to put both things in this perspective is totally wrong. Period.

There was a never a grand plan to erase and exterminate the black race back then. Exploitation is absolutely evil, but it is NOT as evil as a determined and planned out extermination. And there is absolutely nothing anyone can say that will ever change my mind.
Yeah, mass subjugation isn't really that bad. Oh the things that come out during discussions about race...

Old 07-19-2015, 10:09 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,947,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Offensive and hurtful simply over that? Wow, no offense, but that comes across to me as major hypersensitivity.
Yes, because I very much admire and respect Aires. This is a huge deal to me personally.

Quote:
Yeah, mass subjugation isn't really that bad. Oh the things that come out during discussions about race...
Yeah, let's cheapen and minimalize it. That really make everything better, doesn't it?

Old 07-19-2015, 10:35 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,988 times
I'm pretty sure, nobody asked this question so far.

If we do clear the mountain:

1. Who's money is this going to come out from? Is this national defense? Does it promote education? Does it help homeless people? Does it help poor single mothers?

IS this effort going to come out of those who complain about it? THOSE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT STONE MOUNTAIN, WILL YOU DONATE ENOUGH MONEY TO CLEAR THE MOUNTAIN FACE?

Because it's not coming out of my damn paycheck to the government. I'd rather that money go to fixing the pothole, and hiring more people to fix the traffic delay in Atlanta.

You know how much, and how long it costs to clear that mountain? If you complain about it, you better have a legit check in your hand to do it, because nobody should pay for that out of their paycheck to do that. We all need our money after the government takes our money to equip police with better way to beat us down.

Like I said, I like the laser show. I don't even know who's carved out in the Stone Mountain.

It's a simple question. We're not in the 90's. It's simple to find out if everyone on this site can donate enough to clear the face of the mountain face. Hell, I'll start it on Kickstarter.

PhP and VB is lovely in that way. They already have all of your IP, but they can basically figure out who you are the day you sign in here, no matter what your user name is, or who you claim you are. They just don't care as a site. But if it comes down to money, they can pull data for days on you.
I ran one for 5 years, I know. They can find out who you are when you write here, even with ghost VPN.

I think if this issue is serious, you should donate, and start a media cause to do so. But just saying what's on your mind here and arguing about it isn't going to do nothing.

Last edited by Plokivos; 07-19-2015 at 10:48 PM..

Old 07-19-2015, 10:51 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,162,927 times
Quote:
Yes, because I very much admire and respect Aires. This is a huge deal to me personally.
Really? You're upset over a few direct comments challenging your downplaying of possibly the single most evil institution in American history? Get over it already. This is a debate forum. Not a kumbaya forum.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:12 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,312,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toll_booth View Post
Really? You're upset over a few direct comments challenging your downplaying of possibly the single most evil institution in American history? Get over it already. This is a debate forum. Not a kumbaya forum.
Man I am SO glad someone checked that nonsense. I was starting to lose faith in the city-data folks of righteous faith.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Yes, it was. I cannot believe you wrote this and think that way.

If the Holocaust was black history
https://abagond.wordpress.com/2011/0...black-history/
Gotta give you props as well. I didn't want to be the guy to check that dangerous sort of willful naivete and ignorance again.

It gets pretty depressing after a while.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:14 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,754,988 times
Wow, half of these people just blocked me out, because they can't take it. I'm actually amazed. We should find out what all these people that posted here posted throughout their posting careers.

Let's find out who's what and who. You can look mine up, because I don't have anything to hide. I literally don't have an agenda, because I live in DC!

Old 07-20-2015, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plokivos View Post
Wow, half of these people just blocked me out, because they can't take it. I'm actually amazed. We should find out what all these people that posted here posted throughout their posting careers.

Let's find out who's what and who. You can look mine up, because I don't have anything to hide. I literally don't have an agenda, because I live in DC!
I'd say that if folks blocked you it's because of the toxic indifferent crap you posted like your previous statement before this one.

I wouldn't blame them one bit. It's too many people who think like you in positions of influence who will not allow for any true discussion or reform on race issues.

Using the tax-dollar excuse is such a classic red herring.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,947,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I'd say that if folks blocked you it's because of the toxic indifferent crap you posted like your previous statement before this one.
Pot, meet kettle. You specialize in toxic statements.

Old 07-20-2015, 10:29 AM

16,707 posts, read 29,551,495 times
Quote:

Yeah, let's cheapen and minimalize it. That really make everything better, doesn't it?
Jmatl:

I have had a lot of respect for you as well. However, to minimalize and downplay the horrors of the American/Black Holocaust by saying it was not as horrific as the Jewish Holocaust was unbelievable.

Moreover, you were very defensive/defiant by stating more than once that nothing was going to "change [your] mind." Then, to conclude, you made it all about your feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta