Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,583 times

Advertisements

I'm currently trying to move from Hawaii to Atlanta in the next month or so and I'm trying to go to school for nursing. If anyone has any suggestions on schools for prereqs please let me know. I'm having the hardest time on knowing which schools offer prereq classes for nursing and information on how to go about and apply. Someone please help me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 03:21 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,682,424 times
My sis just graduated from Mercer, private so a little more expensive. Kennesaw State Univ. has a school as well, public, but smaller and harder to get into.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:09 PM

247 posts, read 1,289,908 times
Try Georgia State University

Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 AM

10 posts, read 58,578 times
I'm currently attending Gwinnett Tech for X-Ray Tech and I know they offer a LPN program.

I believe the LPN program itself has a wait time to get accepted, but that shouldn't stop you from taking the prereq's for the degree while waiting.

To be a community level tech school, it's really nice and also reasonably affordable if Fin Aid can't help you all the way. I went there several years back for programming and now back to change careers.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:22 PM

17 posts, read 59,249 times
You can try Clayton State University. It's located in Morrow GA. It depends are you Highschool Graduate or have you been out of highschool for more than five years?

If you are a highschool graduate you will need the following:

SAT or ACT scored
Highschool Transcript
Immunization record
Application
Application Fee

Also you will need to contact the school of nursing to get an application they have deadlines to abide by for their application.

If you are a person that has been out of highschool for five years you will need the following:

HS transcript
College Transcript (if you have one)
Compass Test Scores (all nontraditional students need this) (you need to contact the testing center to schedule a test, this is located on campus)
Application
Application fee
then an application for nursing

I believe their nursing program only has 40 seats. But you can do your prereqs before that.

Here is the phone number for the admissions office they will give you more information

678-466-4115.
Here is their website

Clayton State University

Also I believe it's only 1,468 dollars a semester. I would double check on that. They do require that you have a laptop and you can bring it to class.

Check 'em out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: