Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 09:37 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,939,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
That's some good fake outrage, but Atlantans should be insulted at Buckhead. There is no excuse for a large suburban style growth area like that.

Insulted indeed.
Says the person that has advocated ripping up the area to impose an 'efficient' street grid to speed up commutes.

I consider that line of thinking an insult. Get over it already. The estate/mansion district isn't going anywhere, and has existed years before the City annexed it in the late 50's.

This isn't a Northeastern city, and we have no desire to mimic one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 PM

1,050 posts, read 1,692,094 times
I wonder where CoA collects most of its residential(& commercial) property taxes? Hmmm

And renting to own is not a great deal. You can get a better deal with many credit cards.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:09 AM

32,027 posts, read 36,808,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
And renting to own is not a great deal. You can get a better deal with many credit cards.
True, but for a lot of us starting out a credit card was a pipe dream.

Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,064,341 times
Quote:
However, a family can easily spend $60+/month to a laundramat as previously presented with the added costs of time lost.
Yes, that is true, I neglected to address that.

What I would say to someone in that situation is still not to rent from Aarons. Instead, hit up Craigslist and find a cheapo used set you can buy for the same amount as just 3 or 4 months worth of Aarons installments, maybe even less if you look around. Then continue saving and maybe in a couple of years you can upgrade. Or, maybe the units will work fine for years beyond that and you can save for other things.

If you don't have the money to do that, I would say go without a couch for a couple of months. Get a smaller TV. Whatever is required, a washer/dryer is pretty high up on the priority list of necessities.

A cursory look shows there are plenty of w/d in good condition in the $200-$300 range.

Or, as I said, rent from one of the other companies I suggested. If you save roughly $30 a month by doing do, and at the end of 2 years, you'll have roughly $720 excess to spend on a new set. Because someone is poor and made bad choices in the past doesn't mean they can't have discipline.

MATCHING KENMORE WASHER & DRYER

Washer and Dryer

Washer or Dryer with Full Warranty starting at 99.00 each

Front and top loader washer dryer sets full warranty

Old 10-11-2015, 05:28 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,192 times
Quote:
Says the person that has advocated ripping up the area to impose an 'efficient' street grid to speed up commutes.
I never said that. Can you not read or being deliberately deceptive?

Quote:
I consider that line of thinking an insult. Get over it already. The estate/mansion district isn't going anywhere, and has existed years before the City annexed it in the late 50's.
So don't fix things that are wrong and don't make changes to a metro whose population was around 1 million in the 1950s and nearly 6 times that now. Got it.

Quote:
This isn't a Northeastern city, and we have no desire to mimic one.
I didn't suggest that, but I bet you have even more straw men where these came from...

Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,124,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post

So don't fix things that are wrong and don't make changes to a metro whose population was around 1 million in the 1950s and nearly 6 times that now. Got it.
No one's saying changes aren't needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta