Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2016, 09:10 AM

644 posts, read 1,429,961 times

Advertisements

Is the only way these two terminals are connected is by the shuttle bus? You would think there would be some sort of train or monorail to connect the two. Are there any plans for this? I'm sure it's a big pain and incoveinence for travellers to have to be ake a 15/20 min shuttle. Just wondering about this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2016, 09:17 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjam View Post
Is the only way these two terminals are connected is by the shuttle bus? You would think there would be some sort of train or monorail to connect the two. Are there any plans for this? I'm sure it's a big pain and incoveinence for travellers to have to be ake a 15/20 min shuttle. Just wondering about this
They are connected by the Plane Train, but one has to go thru security and get inside the secure zone to use the Plane Train.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport | the official website of ATL Airport

Old 02-03-2016, 09:32 AM

644 posts, read 1,429,961 times
Ahhh ok thanks I was sure the biggest/busiest airport on earth had to have this..thank you

Old 02-03-2016, 09:40 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Wait, the Plane Train goes to the International Terminal? I thought it didn't, and that's why there is the shuttle.

That begs the question, why is there a shuttle if there's a Plane Train? And why is there a Plane Train if there's a shuttle?

Old 02-03-2016, 09:45 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
Wait, the Plane Train goes to the International Terminal? I thought it didn't, and that's why there is the shuttle.

That begs the question, why is there a shuttle if there's a Plane Train? And why is there a Plane Train if there's a shuttle?
The shuttle exists in case you want to go between the two terminals outside of security. The Plane Train connects all the Concourses to the two terminals on each end, but you have to pass through security / TSA first.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:49 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
The PlaneTrain is inside the Secure Zone.

If your fly in international, and not connecting, you clear customs, and it Exits you out in the International terminal With your Bags, You Do not have a boarding pass So you cannot re-clear TSA to get to it, Hence the Shuttle Bus to take you and your bags back to the Domestic Terminal.

Have not flown International With bags, (I don't think DL lets you check your international Bags in at the domestic terminal anymore, so you have to use the shuttle bus to get over to the international to check-in bags there.) If you have your International Boarding pass and NoChecked bags you can go thru TSA in the domestic terminal to the International Gates (E&F concourses) , Check in there to show them your passport.

Last edited by flyonpa; 02-03-2016 at 10:03 AM..

Old 02-03-2016, 10:05 AM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Now I got it, thanks.

What I would like to see is for the planned future MARTA rail station at Charles W Grant/Old Dixie to have a shuttle to the Intl Terminal. To hopefully eliminate the need for the airport loop rd shuttle which seems pretty not-ideal.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Now I got it, thanks.

What I would like to see is for the planned future MARTA rail station at Charles W Grant/Old Dixie to have a shuttle to the Intl Terminal. To hopefully eliminate the need for the airport loop rd shuttle which seems pretty not-ideal.
The airport could just re-route the current shuttle to that station?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:13 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Quote:
Now I got it, thanks.

There is a planned MARTA Shuttle Bus planned from the Clayton Rail system to the International Terminal.

But I Don't see the Airport Shuttle Bus ever going away.

But a "Marta" route would take longer and require two connections, Not something that people with bags would do. MartaShuttle->ClaytonRail->EastPoint->(North/South (Gold/Red) line) -> Airport Station.

Old 02-03-2016, 10:18 AM

2,530 posts, read 4,770,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
The PlaneTrain is inside the Secure Zone.

If your fly in international, and not connecting, you clear customs, and it Exits you out in the International terminal With your Bags, You Do not have a boarding pass So you cannot re-clear TSA to get to it, Hence the Shuttle Bus to take you and your bags back to the Domestic Terminal.

Have not flown International With bags, (I don't think DL lets you check your international Bags in at the domestic terminal anymore, so you have to use the shuttle bus to get over to the international to check-in bags there.) If you have your International Boarding pass and NoChecked bags you can go thru TSA in the domestic terminal to the International Gates (E&F concourses) , Check in there to show them your passport.
My understanding is that with Delta International you can check in at the Domestic Terminal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta