Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2016, 11:17 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times

Advertisements

In case y'all missed it, the CW series "Containmnent" finally premiered Tuesday 4-19 at 9 pm. This series is one of the few that are both shot AND set in Atlanta. It's gotten criticism from some quarters for being too similar to "The Walking Dead"' but the first episode looks promising. I don't know what its long-range chances are (13 episodes were filmed and there's been no word of renewal yet of course). I worked background on a couple of episodes last fall and my checks are long cashed, so whatever. :-)

The series follows an epidemic that breaks out in Atlanta, leaving the large city quarantined and those stuck on the inside fighting for their lives. The drama tells the story of loved ones torn apart, and how the society that grows inside the cordon reveals both the devolution of humanity and the birth of unlikely heroes.

Containment (2016–*) Containment (TV Series 2016

Last edited by Newsboy; 04-19-2016 at 11:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 08:13 AM

749 posts, read 887,214 times
Any way to re-watch? I've been waiting for this show but needed to be at Philips last night to support our Hawks! Happy to purchase the episode if it's available somewhere!

Old 04-20-2016, 08:40 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
What exactly did they quarantine? Like, are you quarantined if you live in Chamblee? What about Alpharetta? How about Cumming? Dahlonega? Where exactly would such a quarantine end, and how could it possibly be managed?

LOL, just joking around, but I would be interested in seeing how they manage a quarantine in a city like Atlanta, with so many ways to get everywhere and plenty of dense woods for sneaking around.

Old 04-20-2016, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
What exactly did they quarantine? Like, are you quarantined if you live in Chamblee? What about Alpharetta? How about Cumming? Dahlonega? Where exactly would such a quarantine end, and how could it possibly be managed?

LOL, just joking around, but I would be interested in seeing how they manage a quarantine in a city like Atlanta, with so many ways to get everywhere and plenty of dense woods for sneaking around.
The official quarantine zone:

Old 04-20-2016, 09:25 AM

560 posts, read 667,566 times
Pilot's available on CW's site:

Containment Video - Pilot | Watch Online Free

Ponce City Market is the 'GA Dept of Public Health.'

Some good coverage of the skyline throughout the first episode. As a show, it's kinda lame. No cliche left behind. And derivative of a bunch of better material like Contagion.

But of course I want it to succeed as an Atlanta shot/set show! It was a shame that Constantine was cancelled. Hope this one does better.

Old 04-20-2016, 09:47 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
That's a pretty small containment zone...

I wonder how it would really play out. Is it like a war between the hipsters and crackheads?

Old 04-20-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris-on-ponce View Post
Pilot's available on CW's site:

Containment Video - Pilot | Watch Online Free

Ponce City Market is the 'GA Dept of Public Health.'

Some good coverage of the skyline throughout the first episode. As a show, it's kinda lame. No cliche left behind. And derivative of a bunch of better material like Contagion.

But of course I want it to succeed as an Atlanta shot/set show! It was a shame that Constantine was cancelled. Hope this one does better.
Thanks!

Old 04-20-2016, 03:47 PM

2,862 posts, read 3,822,569 times
Quote:
That's a pretty small containment zone...

I wonder how it would really play out. Is it like a war between the hipsters and crackheads?
i

That was only on day 1.

I dvr'd it and watch it in the wee hours. I think I'll like it but may have to just tape all the "limited" episodes and do a binge watch in the next few weeks.

You know what felt weird to me? I didn't recognize most of the places they showed.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy The Walking Dead and other shows, I like taking a break from zombies.

Old 04-20-2016, 07:29 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times
Quote:

Donald Trump built a wall around the metro.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:05 PM

560 posts, read 667,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Donald Trump built a wall around the metro.
"I'm gonna build a wall. And it's gonna be a great wall. And I'm gonna make the zombies pay for it."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta